Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FORE! WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Believe it or not Twitch, they have the internet in Alaska. DU fan, Duper, is teaching up there.
    Good Luck!
    He may not be connected by then. And I wonder how Duper is doing? Met him in Denver when the F4 was there, right before he took the job. Anyone know?

Thu: hockey talk.

Predictions:

Fri: Denver 6-1.
    Sat: Denver 5-3.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

*scratches head*

I'll go with:

Denver 5
      Tech 0

Denver 4
      Tech 2

Though naturally, I will quietly hope for an upset that won't happen.

*takes another drink*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

*takes another drink*
        You and me both, brother.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

*scratches head*

I'll go with:

Denver 5
          Tech 0

Denver 4
          Tech 2

*takes another drink*
          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          You and me both, brother.
          Gents, It's a rare post-season when all five teams with home ice win in the first round. Some good goaltending here, a break there and--who knows--your teams may not be the complete bags of $#!T you think they are.

Of course that's just crazy talk. Enjoy the games this weekend boys.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            Gents, It's a rare post-season when all five teams with home ice win in the first round. Some good goaltending here, a break there and--who knows--your teams may not be the complete bags of $#!T you think they are.

Well, hopefully the WCHA Gophers make sure that UND loses. So that's one for five. Can't see 2 road teams winning.

Comment

Well, hopefully the WCHA Gophers make sure that UND loses. So that's one for five. Can't see 2 road teams winning.
              One for five = .200. So you're saying the Gophers have the offensive capability of a shortstop from the Dominican? Okay, I can see that.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

One for five = .200. So you're saying the Gophers have the offensive capability of a shortstop from the Dominican? Okay, I can see that.
                Hey, they're in the big leagues. After that, anything can happen.

Comment

Oh, I know. 1994 proves it's possible (even though CC was involved ), but Jamie Ram was a senior and though Kevin Genoe has shown flashes that perhaps he is our next Ellsworth/Teslak/etc, he's also made plenty of freshman mistakes.

Russell has an interesting decision to make for the Friday game, as I think both goalies proved last weekend that he might as well just go 'enie-meanie-miene-mo" in choosing one, though I think Genoe's superior numbers will earn him the nod.

You know what Brent, I'm probably going to get neg rep for this, but I don't care. There is a large quantity of beer flowing through my veins and recent annoying UND fans are provoking me into saying...

Go Gophers! Scrioux the Sioux!*

*Offer of support void where prohibited, and will probably be revoked upon sobering up tomorrow morning.

Comment

*Offer of support void where prohibited, and will probably be revoked upon sobering up tomorrow morning.
                    Nothing wrong with hating the Sioux. They play like Pioux, you know.

TAKE THEIR LAND! TAKE THEIR LAND!

Comment

You know what Brent, I'm probably going to get neg rep for this, but I don't care. There is a large quantity of beer flowing through my veins and recent annoying UND fans are provoking me into saying...

Lord knows it is hard to cheer for the Gophers, but then look who they are playing.
                      Go Gophs!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

DU fans - I'm curious and maybe you can answer this question. Is CC's Nick Dineen related to former Pioneer and well-regarded NHLer Kevin Dineen?

Comment

DU fans - I'm curious and maybe you can answer this question. Is CC's Nick Dineen related to former Pioneer and well-regarded NHLer Kevin Dineen?
                          I'm pretty sure that is a resounding "NO!"

Good sources confirm that he would disown any offspring which even considered cc.

If he were related to Kevin, then he wouldn't suck (obviously) and only sucky players (or billie goats) go to cc...

Comment

TAKE THEIR LAND! TAKE THEIR LAND!
                            We already did. Now we just need to take their sovereign ****ing nation.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No relation.

Kevin is the son of former NHL player & coach Bill Dineen and a brother of former NHL players Gord and Peter. His other brothers, Shawn and Jerry, were minor league players. Although born in Canada, Dineen spent much of his youth in the United States, while his father Bill Dineen played and coached professionally.

DU players had Finals all week. Luckily they didn't have to travel this week as well.

DU has played great on Friday nights this year, but Magness may not be hopping.

DU 3-1
                              Du 2-1

Comment

It is GAMEDAY

GO DU!!!!!

BTW it was Shawn not Kevin that said no Dineen would ever play for CC.
                                Last edited by du78; 03-12-2010, 06:12 AM.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X