Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORE! WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
    Just be warned, good things don't come with that cup. You can keep it.

And Denver was just up for Carny a couple years ago. Probably one of the funniest weekends of hockey I've had in a very long time.
    After this season, I think the entire fanbase wants some ice cream.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      I'll pass on the ice cream. It'd go straight to my hips.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Re: Final Five Here We Come!

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
        Only did the 10 - 1 once in 94
        Yep, that's right. I was thinking of 2006-07. But that was just a 5 v 6 match up when they upset CC for the 2nd time.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
          Just be warned, good things don't come with that cup. You can keep it.
          It's even 'cursed' our postseasons before, back in the decades when we were capable of winning it. Though I also recall that I sat down a couple of years ago and figured out that the so-called "MacNaughton Curse" is a bit overhyped. Even though there are over thirty MacNaughton Cup champions that did not win the national title, there are also thirteen winners who DID go on to win the national title that season. However, due to the changes in the NCAA hockey postseason in the past couple of decades, only four teams ('90 UW, '91 NMU, '97 UND, and '05 DU) have achieved this feat since 1990.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          "Chocolate or vanilla?!"

"Nah, I think he's more of a Chunky Monkey guy!"

Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-09-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            It's even 'cursed' our postseasons before, back in the decades when we were capable of winning it. Though I also recall that I sat down a couple of years ago and figured out that the so-called "MacNaughton Curse" is a bit overhyped. Even though there are over thirty MacNaughton Cup champions that did not win the national title, there are also thirteen winners who DID go on to win the national title that season.

"Chocolate or vanilla?!"

With Denver residents having voted to decriminalize pot, we prefer 'Cherry Garcia'....

Comment

"Chocolate or vanilla?!"

I remember this conversation.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

DU Game Notes for the playoff series against MTU. Links to the MTU Game Notes and the WCHA Weekly Releaese are in the DU notes.

Highlights of the Game Notes

DU hosts the first round of the WCHA playoffs for the seventh consecutive season.

DU is 12-4-1 all-time against Michigan Tech in the WCHA playoffs.

The Pioneers have won six consecutive games against the Huskies, including a two-game (5-2, 5-3) sweep on Feb. 19-20.

DU has advanced to the WCHA Final Five championship game the last two seasons.

The Pioneers, who lead the nation with 25 wins, are No. 1 in the latest PairWise Rankings.

Denver is No. 1 in the USCHO.com/CBS College Sports Div. I Poll for the third consecutive week.

Rhett Rakhshani captured the WCHA scoring title with 15-20=35 in 28 league games, while Marc Cheverie was the top goalie with a 2.05 goals against average in league play. Paul Stastny (2005-06) was the last Pioneer to win the league scoring title and Wade Dubielewicz (2001-02) was the last DU player to win the goaltending crown.

DU recaptured the Gold Pan Trophy last Saturday and also won the Wells Fargo Denver Cup and MacNaughton Cup this season.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Tech hasn't always been inept in the playoffs!! How many of you remember 1986? (Swami, I'm sure I'll get a few things wrong here, so don't be too hard on me). It was a two game total goal series. Saturday evening at the end of the second period, DU and MTU were tied in total goals when the lights went out in the arena. We had everything riding on this. #1 team in the nation a team loaded with offensive talent, ready to cruise by Tech to take on Minn the next weekend. The announcer tells us to show up at 1:00 the next day to finish the game. It was either Jeff Lamb or the Mathias kid (not Dwight Mathiason) got the game winner and then of course we went on to eventually lose to Harvard in the semis!!!

So how close is this to realty?
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    Tech hasn't always been inept in the playoffs!! How many of you remember 1986? (Swami, I'm sure I'll get a few things wrong here, so don't be too hard on me). It was a two game total goal series. Saturday evening at the end of the second period, DU and MTU were tied in total goals when the lights went out in the arena. We had everything riding on this. #1 team in the nation a team loaded with offensive talent, ready to cruise by Tech to take on Minn the next weekend. The announcer tells us to show up at 1:00 the next day to finish the game. It was either Jeff Lamb or the Mathias kid (not Dwight Mathiason) got the game winner and then of course we went on to eventually lose to Harvard in the semis!!!

Not too bad.

The game was continued onto that Sunday because of ice conditions. There was a huge crack in the ice behind one of the goals. The arena crew worked basically all night to try and get the ice surface playable for Sunday.

We played UMD next, beating them 8-2 and tying 5-5 and then the Gophers, beating them 4-0 and 4-2.

Pretty sure Jeff Lamb did not score the winner as he had gotten injured by Tech d-man Scott White with a wicked slappah of a slash to Lamb's calf, causing some temporary paralysis in that leg.

A little trivia (for anyone): The aforementioned announcer had a nickname. What was it? How did he get it?
                    Last edited by Chris; 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Not too bad.

A little trivia (for anyone): The aforementioned announcer had a nickname. What was it? How did he get it?
                      Was it "Dancing Don?"
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

see! see what we put up with!

these d^mn candy ^ss DU fans and their Starbucks and their tofu sandwiches and their goats mowin' the lawn and their fancy pants arena with its swimming pool and the 'mazing dancing Gwoz.

see what I just got as rep: and I quote :

Denver Cup, check. Gold Pan, check. MacNaughton Trophy, check. Secure home ice for the first round of the playoffs, check. Looking forward to the Denver-Michigan Tech series.

may DU take its cup pan and trophy and shove them ... well you get the idea.

(stirs pot) ( )
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          see! see what we put up with!

these d^mn candy ^ss DU fans and their Starbucks and their tofu sandwiches and their goats mowin' the lawn and their fancy pants arena with its swimming pool and the 'mazing dancing Gwoz.
                          Why the hell drink Starbucks? That overpriced crap is pedaled by an eNeMa U grad. I think DU fans can afford much better.

Comment

Why the hell drink Starbucks? That overpriced crap is pedaled by an eNeMa U grad. I think DU fans can afford much better.
                            Image. Starbucks has major image points.
                            Always a Wildcat...
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              Image. Starbucks has major image points.
                              I'm well aware of why someone would drink Starbucks, but I'm saying that it's basically the Sam Adams of the coffee world. A brilliantly marketed, but generally overrated product.

Besides, I was only trying to carry on huskyfan's joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post

Chris has it right, The Zamboni tore a huge hole in the ice and the MTU game was rseumed on Sunday where DU took care of business. Amazingly, thousands of people returned for third-day conclusion.

After we beat Tech, then came UMD and the imfamous "Coffin" appearance, when DG and his DU friends carried a real coffin into the UMD fan section. Frickin' amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X