X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    Gophers will come out on fire because let's face it. They have nothing to lose. That's a huge advantage to their camp.

Gophers sweep, Sioux don't make the NCAA's.
    Sounds like we need to fire up the Negatrometer.

Sioux in .5 or maybe .75
    Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I think this will be a great series. The two teams are very evenly matched. It's a big rivalry series. MN has nothing to lose, so coming out flat, or lacking effort won't be a problem. Because it's the playoffs I think there is also a good chance we won't see all the after-the-whistle monkey business that has plagued this series a little over the last few seasons.
      Why will what's plagued the Gophers all season suddenly be no problem? This team has had repeated opportunities to improve their position and repeated failed to come out with intensity. Didn't matter if it was a rival or a nobody, they've come and played flat or stupid or uninspired hockey (you pick the adjective). I see no reason to expect a turnaround now.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        I'd be much more scared if I were a Gopher fan...knowing that these could be the last 2/3 games of the season.
        Hard to get to scared about the inevitable.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Gophers will come out on fire because let's face it. They have nothing to lose. That's a huge advantage to their camp.

Go cheer for Boston University. You're worse than Leah.

Sioux in One
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of the Gophers. They could still easily win the series though. I'd be much more scared if I were a Gopher fan...knowing that these could be the last 2/3 games of the season.

And on top of it being our last 2/3 games we would have to live with the thought that it was the Sue that ended our season.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              And on top of it being our last 2/3 games we would have to live with the thought that it was the Sue that ended our season.
              Wouldn't be the first time, and it certainly shouldn't be the last.

Comment

The Sioux are pretty close to being in the NCAA tourney whether they win or not this weekend.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Why will what's plagued the Gophers all season suddenly be no problem? This team has had repeated opportunities to improve their position and repeated failed to come out with intensity. Didn't matter if it was a rival or a nobody, they've come and played flat or stupid or uninspired hockey (you pick the adjective). I see no reason to expect a turnaround now.
                  I agree I would love to see them pull the upset and advance but they have shown no consistency at all this year . And you are right they have had ample oppurtunities to improve thier situation and have showed up flat as pancake

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                    ...after the fight the Huskies will hang a participation banner...
                    Can I nominate this for post of the year?
                    Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                    Steven Tyler

Comment

Gophers have confidence against the sioux this year, and if it doesn't turn into arrogance, and how could it they know it's do or die, that should be all it takes. Continue the dominance.

Gophers in 3. 5-1 Friday, 2-3 Saturday, 3-1 Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                        Gophers have confidence against the sioux this year, and if it doesn't turn into arrogance, and how could it they know it's do or die, that should be all it takes. Continue the dominance.

you forgot what happened at the Ralph earlier in the year... The goofs always seem to play us tough no matter what happens but this is on Sioux home ice. Minnesota has a chance to win this series but they will have to play pretty amazing hockey over the course of several days... something they haven't been very good at this year.

Comment

Continue the dominance.
                          What dominance?
                          These two teams were pretty close in games this year. Each team had a "blowout" win over the other, and then the two ties.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

What dominance?
                            These two teams were pretty close in games this year. Each team had a "blowout" win over the other, and then the two ties.
                            The Gophers have absolutely been dominate lately in this series! Just look at their record at REA and overall since 06-07!

At REA: 1-4-1
                            Overall: 3-8-3

Sioux in One
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Since the start of Feb. When the SIOUX started rolling they have an average gpg of 4.3 and you are telling us that Kangus and the shut douwn d-core the gophers have are going to hold the SIOUX to 1g -3g- and 1g!! In the RALPH !! Lay off the koolaid buddy!!!!
                              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

lol , Should've went the sandbagging route.

Comment

Working...
                                X