X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    There's only ONE Hak... His full name is Dave Hakstol. I'm sure you've heard of him?
    And I hope he stays the coach of UND for a long long time. As much as I hate UND the Gophers have shown me nothing that would suggest they would win the series.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      I think they're a little more confident going in, they know their opponent, they can put the season behind them, put the pedal to the metal this weekend and try to make a run at it. I think it should go three games. IF they come out and match UND's intensity and go hard to the net, I'll go out on a limb and give the slight edge to the Gophers.
      Come back when you aren't drunk in the middle of the night, this series won't even be close. You won't be playing at home against a completely disinterested team so just save on the gas and stay in Minneapolis.

Sioux in One
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Come back when you aren't drunk in the middle of the night, this series won't even be close. You won't be playing at home against a completely disinterested team so just save on the gas and stay in Minneapolis.

Sioux in One
        Isnt this pretty much what you said when UND came into Mpls is January ?

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
          Isnt this pretty much what you said when UND came into Mpls is January ?
          No. The Gophers wouldn't have saved on gas by not showing up to the series in Minneapolis.

Sioux in One
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UND in zero. MN will give up and forfeit the series on Wednesday and go to the X and watch the HS tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
              There's only ONE Hak... His full name is Dave Hakstol. I'm sure you've heard of him?
              He's #1.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                He's #1.
                No, Lucia is...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  No, Lucia is...
                  Wrong:

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/R6YsVVlut8I/AAAAAAAACTI/n6mAAWNnr2M/s400/hakstol_bird.jpg******
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Wrong:

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/R6YsVVlut8I/AAAAAAAACTI/n6mAAWNnr2M/s400/hakstol_bird.jpg******
                    He was telling the refs that they are number 1!

Comment

Wrong:

I wish I could make this Bruce McLeod's screen saver, maybe Jon Campion too....yeah definitely Campion.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        MN will get three breakaways each game and hit the pipe on all of them. They'll have a wide open net to shoot at five or six times this weekend, and they'll miss the net every single time - or shoot it into the goalie somehow. This doesn't include the 10-15 times per game that they shoot high and hit the glass or miss the net by 5-10 feet on slappers from the blueline.
                        The story of the season.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          MN will get three breakaways each game and hit the pipe on all of them. They'll have a wide open net to shoot at five or six times this weekend, and they'll miss the net every single time - or shoot it into the goalie somehow. This doesn't include the 10-15 times per game that they shoot high and hit the glass or miss the net by 5-10 feet on slappers from the blueline.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          The story of the season.
                          Don't forget the 5-6 UND goals which will deflect off Gopher skates.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Gophers will come out on fire because let's face it. They have nothing to lose. That's a huge advantage to their camp.

Gophers sweep, Sioux don't make the NCAA's.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Many of the locals are kind of afraid of MN right now, if only because of the rivalry thing. I'd say about 75% of them said UND in a 3 game series, and it'd be close the whole way (and I presented myself as an MTU fan until I heard their opinions). Also, only talked to one sorta a-hole fan, but he backed off his trash-talking really quickly when a couple other Sioux fans (not his friends) corrected him on how the MTU-UND games went this weekend. So, I'm thinking that the opinions I heard regarding this matchup are the genuine feeling of the Sioux fans.
                              I wouldn't say I'm afraid of the Gophers. They could still easily win the series though. I'd be much more scared if I were a Gopher fan...knowing that these could be the last 2/3 games of the season. If the Sioux lose, they will still hopefully have a NCAA berth (with zero momentum though, if they lose to the Gophers in the 1st round). That said, I wouldn't be surprised if UMN takes this series. They have nothing to lose, and their season continuing depends on them winning 2 games.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think this will be a great series. The two teams are very evenly matched. It's a big rivalry series. MN has nothing to lose, so coming out flat, or lacking effort won't be a problem. Because it's the playoffs I think there is also a good chance we won't see all the after-the-whistle monkey business that has plagued this series a little over the last few seasons.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X