X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I thought the sandbagging was in Fargo.
    Well, they tried, but failed. The flood still won.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Well, they tried, but failed. The flood still won.
      No, it didn't. You really are one dumb SOB, aren't you?

Sioux in One
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        No, it didn't. You really are one dumb SOB, aren't you?

Sioux in One
        So, not one person was injured, not one house was lost, no damage occured. Right?

Yeah, thought so.

Sue in zero. MN's bus gets as far as St, Clooud, and then says fuggit and they hit the bars in St, Clooud, and proceed to get drunk and kick the Huskies' butts in a big barfight.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Screw everyone else, I only care about me.

Sioux in One
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Sue in zero. MN's bus gets as far as St, Clooud, and then says fuggit and they hit the bars in St, Clooud, and proceed to get drunk and kick the Huskies' butts in a big barfight.
            The bus won't get past Blarney's & MN will lose bar fights to synchronized figure skaters. Those broads are tough.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
              Mazocco is noting on the broadcast that the Gophers are 0-9 in playoff games in Grand Forks (0-6 in WCHA vs UND, 0-3 in NCAA games).
              They've only played one postseason game at the new REA (the infamous holy cross game).

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                They've only played one postseason game at the new REA (the infamous holy cross game).

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Grand Forks and Fargo are all set for this year's flood season with all the sandbagging going on in this thread. Does anyone think their team will win this series, besides Dirty?

Sioux in 3.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I do!!! Sioux sweep

5-1 Friday
                    3-2 ot sat. Trupper gets game winner on a breakaway at the 7 min. Mark of ot!!
                    Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Agreed here. This will be an entertaining series.

Sioux in 3.
                      I say No Dak in 3 as well AND all 3 games go to OT Should be a great series I would love to see the Gophers make it to Saint Paul, but not very hopeful.....
                      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Go you Green and White
                      Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight with all your might!
                      Rah! Rah! Rah!
                      We are here to cheer you
                      We are out to win your fame,
                      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Well if it does go to 3 OT games, at least everyone will be getting their money's worth.
                        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                          Well if it does go to 3 OT games, at least everyone will be getting their money's worth.
                          Yes they will.... It doesn't get much closer for a season series..... 2 Ties - 1 Blow out win each 4 - points each - 11 Goals total each...... pretty dang even series.... just the way it SHOULD be
                          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Go you Green and White
                          Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight with all your might!
                          Rah! Rah! Rah!
                          We are here to cheer you
                          We are out to win your fame,
                          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

It looks like it's much too early to give an idea of who will win. So I think that the Sioux take a quick 2-0 lead on friday, when the Red suddenly melts and floods the whole state. The game is moved to Winnepeg, but, oh no! the Red flows north and catches up just as the Gophers tie it in the third!!! The game then is moved to Sioux Falls but is called off due to lack of interest. The govenor of Nebraska disowns UNO and offers ice for the rest of the series. The Gophers are awarded game one due to excessive delay of game.

Game two starts but a tornado hits and tears the roof off the arena. Game is moved to Wichita where the Sioux are motivated by the 40 mph winds, making them feel right at home. They smoke the Gophers 6-1 (ironic isn't it?).

By this time the floods have subsided and game three moves back to the Ralph. The ghosts of Holy Cross are too much for the Gophers to overcome and the Sioux win 2-1.

So I'm thinking Sioux in three.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              It looks like it's much too early to give an idea of who will win. So I think that the Sioux take a quick 2-0 lead on friday, when the Red suddenly melts and floods the whole state. The game is moved to Winnepeg, but, oh no! the Red flows north and catches up just as the Gophers tie it in the third!!! The game then is moved to Sioux Falls but is called off due to lack of interest. The govenor of Nebraska disowns UNO and offers ice for the rest of the series. The Gophers are awarded game one due to excessive delay of game.

Game two starts but a tornado hits and tears the roof off the arena. Game is moved to Wichita where the Sioux are motivated by the 40 mph winds, making them feel right at home. They smoke the Gophers 6-1 (ironic isn't it?).

By this time the floods have subsided and game three moves back to the Ralph. The ghosts of Holy Cross are too much for the Gophers to overcome and the Sioux win 2-1.

So I'm thinking Sioux in three.
                              If Eidsness looks like he did this past Sat (despite only giving up 2 goals), MN should win. He was having trouble seeing the puck, handling the puck, everything. And this was against MTU of all teams. Even the local contingent said he looked really shaky.

Also, the locals mostly predicted UND in 3, all close games. They are genuinely worried a little about facing the Gophers.

Comment

You talked to the wrong locals, Forklift Boy. UND will steamroll the Rodents but the Rodent band still gets to go to the F5.

Sioux in One.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X