X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
    Glad to see my Sioux win. Matt Frattin's hit was outrageous and I would have thrown him out of the game. It was charging with intent to injure, in my opinion. There is no room for that in sports.

The Gophers were just as cheap as the Sioux if you ignore the Frattin hit. It's all the little junk after whistles, after an initial check, etc.

I have DISH Network and the only two things more pathetic than the chippy play were (1) the entire Gopher season and (2) Woog/Mazocco. I used to think Woog could be intelligent about the game but he is just a pathetic homer. Same for Mazocco but with even less knowledge of hockey. The Gophers lost this season in September/October with awful preparation and cocky attitudes. It's alot of talent to be running it down your leg year after year. The only spunk I saw in them was the last 5-10 minutes of the 3rd period of the second game.

It's nice to end their season. Now they can get back to chasing doe-eyed go-eds on campus and drinking beer.
    just don't let Frattin drive, too many dwi's already for such a young man.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

... and after UND's season ends (short of a title most likely), you can crawl back under that rock you use to conceal yourself after every difficult/bad stretch of Sioux hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        just don't let Frattin drive, too many dwi's already for such a young man.
        Surely, he has a drinking problem. Sad. Please enjoy in moderation.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
          Really?
          Of course, what other team could produce such talent as Bob Johnson.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Hey SIM slithered out from under a toadstool.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                Of course, what other team could produce such talent as Bob Johnson.
                Isn't he from Minnesota?

Comment

I guess right when Frattin's hit on Wehrs happened that Gophers fans would **** and moan about it, even more so if the Gophers lost.

Fact is your team lost and you guys didn't capitalize on a 5 minute major!

Did Frattin's hit deserve a penalty? Hell yes, he left his feet. Textbook charging penalty. And I'm fine with him receiving a 5 minute major for it. Do I think he should've got a disqualification? I have no idea, I leave that call to the refs.

Anyways, that was a great game. Enjoy the off-season Gophers. Where the non-sensible Gopher fans can continue complaining about the big bad Sioux for being classless, goons, thugs, cheap etc. to hide the fact your team had a disappointing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Hey SIM slithered out from under a toadstool.
                    He only shows up when the Sioux are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
                      Fratty's hit was face to face - not a sucker punch like Marvin's. But he left the ice and went for the skull. Should be suspended.
                      I didn't get to see a quality replay of the hit, but I could tell immediately that he left the ice. I agree that he should probably be suspended for it, but what is the likelihood of that happening before their Thursday game? I know Marvin's [second] hit was a special case, but didn't that take them a week and a half to sort out?

Originally posted by MMECT View Post
                      Shepard is the WORST official in hockey. I bet that d-bag's getting annuity payments from Englstad's trust fund.
                      Yeah, he's on the payroll. We actually pay him well enough to just follow the Gophers around all season and keep you guys in 7th place.
                      Last edited by HostileAndAbusive; 03-14-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        I guess right when Frattin's hit on Wehrs happened that Gophers fans would **** and moan about it, even more so if the Gophers lost.

Did Frattin's hit deserve a penalty? Hell yes, he left his feet. Textbook charging penalty. And I'm fine with him receiving a 5 minute major for it. Do I think he should've got a disqualification? I have no idea, I leave that call to the refs.

Anyways, that was a great game. Enjoy the off-season Gophers. Where the non-sensible Gopher fans can continue complaining about the big bad Sioux for being classless, goons, thugs, cheap etc. to hide the fact your team had a disappointing season.
                        I'll make a compromise here...the Gophers had a disappointing season AND the Sioux are classless, goons, thugs, cheap, etc.

Ah...the healing has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

We didn't lose because the Sioux played dirty. We didn't lose because of the refs. We lost because we're not that good.

Glad to see you have as much class as your players.

To the good Sioux fans, congrats. You showed us why you belong in the tourney.

Frank was Sonmor-like in the game, Doug pretty much tried to stay neutral, although he strayed once in a while. He complimented the Sioux players quite a bit tonight, though.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by HostileAndAbusive View Post
                            I didn't get to see a quality replay of the hit, but I could tell immediately that he left the ice. I agree that he should probably be suspended for it, but what is the likelihood of that happening before their Thursday game? I know Marvin's [second] hit was a special case, but didn't that take them a week and a half to sort out?
                            I guarantee he will be suspended if not then I will not bother to post in the WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HostileAndAbusive View Post
                              They took that long, because SCSU didn't play that next weekend, IIRC.
                              Frattin should have a game. I wouldn't be surprised at 2 games, but I would think that's unfair.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I learned long ago that the USCHO Boards are mostly for losers. I only post every so often now. And I read posts very rarely. So, feast on your diet of mountain dews and little debby chocolate donuts. Most of humanity does not spend 1000+ posts per year on message boards.

Go Sioux!
                                A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Working...
                                X