X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    If you guys can't stop the 8th rated PP in the conference, you don't deserve to win. This also ignores the iffy calls against MN that gave UND several powerplays in a row - which they failed to convert.
    Agreed. Control what you can control. North Dakota had a few PP opportunities, and didn't cash in. It's not like it was 30 PPs for the Gophers and 0 for the Sioux. It was 4 for Minnesota and 3 for North Dakota. Yes, there were some weak calls (against both teams), but if you haven't figured out by now that the WCHA officiating is terrible then I feel sorry for you.

I thought prior to this weekend that it would go 3 games, so I'm not terribly surprised. I still think North Dakota wins a tight game, and advances to the Final Five.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I bet UND would take that play in game all of the sudden!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Agreed. Control what you can control. North Dakota had a few PP opportunities, and didn't cash in. It's not like it was 30 PPs for the Gophers and 0 for the Sioux. It was 4 for Minnesota and 3 for North Dakota. Yes, there were some weak calls (against both teams), but if you haven't figured out by now that the WCHA officiating is terrible then I feel sorry for you.

I thought prior to this weekend that it would go 3 games, so I'm not terribly surprised. I still think North Dakota wins a tight game, and advances to the Final Five.
        Agreed. I think there were one or two calls that Frank and Doug agreed with, and they questioned the others which were very questionable, at best. What it all boils down to is score more then two ****ing goals. MN capitalized. UND didn't.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson W View Post
          Watched the game tonight with a person very connected(works multiple summer camps with many of them) to current and ex-gopher players.
          He stated that the gophers will be much better once Tony is gone. The Don has new rules the last three years that the rest of the team calls the Tony rules.
          Not Tony's fault but Don being a overprotective parent in the locker room and on the ice and not a coach.
          how does that really translate to the team? I mean, Bob Johnson's kids played for him at UW and they kicked a-s-s with em. So what is the difference?

The Tony Rules? Sounds like bs making up for lackluster play. Seriously. Phil Kessel/and his parents was/were more of a locker room problem than this kid and his dad/coach. At least from what I've read.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Watched the game tonight with a person very connected(works multiple summer camps with many of them) to current and ex-gopher players.
            He stated that the gophers will be much better once Tony is gone. The Don has new rules the last three years that the rest of the team calls the Tony rules.
            Not Tony's fault but Don being a overprotective parent in the locker room and on the ice and not a coach.
            Whatever..... I don't buy it but continue on with the B.S
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

And what are the "Tony rules"? Frankly, your post strikes me as presumptuous and very open to speculation and bias. I can see the players joking about the obvious relationship between Tony and his Dad in the locker room. That's normal.

But for you to insinuate a nepotistic scenario like this with very little evidence except for a guy you know who knows a few Gopher players in my view is completely without merit. Are you sure you want to suggest that the last three disappointing seasons of underachievement is directly correlated to preferential treatment given to Tony? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Two complete bullcrap penalties that lead to goals and a lucky goal. Blah
                Good teams can overcome that kind of stuff.
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Nice job Goldy. I like to see the Sioux sweat it out a bit
                  "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

I think before we send the annual shipment of sandbags to GF, we better make sure they get a nice big box of tissues.

Has UND EVER lost a game that wasn't the refs' fault?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      I think before we send the annual shipment of sandbags to GF, we better make sure they get a nice big box of tissues.

Has UND EVER lost a game that wasn't the refs' fault?
                      They might not have. Let's check the records on that. I'd note that the records could be Dirty, though.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Many of you have poor reading comprehension skills, don't you?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by PokeCheck View Post
                          So the "dive" put the puck behind Eidsness? Ah, no. Stop crying. Score 4 goals and the calls don't matter.
                          I think the frustrating part is that they wouldn't have gotten that opportunity right at the end of the game if the dive and bad call didn't happen and that the refs should be extra alert to a player trying something like that in a desperation time of the game. A lot times, I see refs let more go because of the time of the game, overtimes, etc. So to me that is why it is annoying (especially the fact that it was Shepherd, he seems to do that kind of stuff to us a lot). But yes, I agree with you, even with that penalty we should have killed that penalty, so no excuses. Great playing from both teams last night. Tonight should be intense!
                          Proud to be Fighting Sioux !

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth View Post
                            I think the frustrating part is that they wouldn't have gotten that opportunity right at the end of the game if the dive and bad call didn't happen and that the refs should be extra alert to a player trying something like that in a desperation time of the game. A lot times, I see refs let more go because of the time of the game, overtimes, etc. So to me that is why it is annoying (especially the fact that it was Shepherd, he seems to do that kind of stuff to us a lot). But yes, I agree with you, even with that penalty we should have killed that penalty, so no excuses. Great playing from both teams last night. Tonight should be intense!
                            When will you realize the Shepherd is a tool and he does this to couple other teams in the WCHA. Good lord, we all know why he has this job...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                              When will you realize the Shepherd is a tool and he does this to couple other teams in the WCHA. Good lord, we all know why he has this job...
                              I know we're not the only ones, I said he seems to do it a lot to us. You would think that with all the complaints made about him, eventually he would be retired, even though his daddy is the reason. Nepotism usually only goes so far and things get taken care of. It's just frustrating for whatever team gets screwed in those situations.
                              Proud to be Fighting Sioux !

Comment

I feel bad for all the wives in North Dakota last night. I am sure they all got beaten extra hard by their drunk farmer husbands after that thrashing Minny put on the Susie's last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X