This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Minnesota wins in two. Brent has a heart attack from the happiness.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Just for your info. Friday Night game is on Tape Delay on FS North. unless they put it on a alt FS North Channel.

But will be avilable on Fighting Sioux Sports Network and Fox College Sports.

Fighting Sioux Sports Network, Fox College Sports, DirecTV 617
      Last edited by Gophers #1; 03-07-2010, 09:05 AM.
      Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        Yes, teams are reseed after the 1st round based on reg. season pts. If upsets abound in the 1st round and MSUM, CC and MN all advance to the next round, it will be MSUM and the Gophers in the play-in game.

It's very possible we could see more upsets this year than in the past. MSUM is playing better now, UMD and CC are both sliding a bit so anything is possible in that series, and MN has a chance for an upset in a UND/MN rivalry in GF.
        Then I guess that bracket on CHN is useless.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          Then I guess that bracket on CHN is useless.
          The CHN bracket is only a general template without specific information according to seedings (#1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3) and respective game times.
          If the Gophers are in the semi final then they are considered the home team and for attendance purposes they always play the Friday evening semifinal game. When the F5 was in Milwaukee the Badgers were in the same position. The only team this really hurts is the Thursday winner. It is tough to do a quick turn around and face the #1 seed on short rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            Boy do I disagree. Having to play three games in three nights in The Springs would have been a tough task. And UND has been surging the last month, while already having one of the best team defenses in the nation. Having to play a team that gives up more or less 2gpg is bad news for a team with as anemic an offense as the Gophers have. Personally, I was hoping for SCSU or UMD.

Oh well. Its playoffs, a new season, all that jazz. Lets go boys.
            You can make an argument either way. SCSU dominated us in January. You can rest assured the would come out all jacked up to end our season. Same thing with UMD who by the way is 3-1 against us this seaon.

Conversely, We always get UND's A game no matter what and we have played them the toughest of anyone we've played all season. This series seems to swing back and forth, with one team dominating a couple of years and another dominating for a while. And to me it seems at least in the games this year it is starting to swing back our way a little. I think we are due to win a series with the Sioux.

But all that said, Sioux in one. The friday night is such a blowout, Minnesota just goes home.
            Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
            NFL Min
            MLB NYM, Min
            NHL Min, Dal
            NCAAB Min, Baylor
            NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
            Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              That joke gets funnier by the post. Or wait, maybe it's a little old. I think I've picked who I'm rooting for this series. Thanks for your assistance. Go Sue.
              You haven't been around here long enough to consider what jokes are getting old.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                I think we are due to win a series with the Sioux.
                You already did...the last one in Mariucci.
                It's UND's turn again.

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                You haven't been around here long enough to consider what jokes are getting old.
                Plus, he's not smart enough.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND Sweeps.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    The CHN bracket is only a general template without specific information according to seedings (#1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3) and respective game times.
                    If the Gophers are in the semi final then they are considered the home team and for attendance purposes they always play the Friday evening semifinal game. When the F5 was in Milwaukee the Badgers were in the same position. The only team this really hurts is the Thursday winner. It is tough to do a quick turn around and face the #1 seed on short rest.
                    That is incorrect. The #1 seed always plays the Friday night game as of at least 3 years ago when the league faculty reps voted to do it. I'm sure the WCHA would love to have the Gophers beat the Sioux, win the play-in game and then face Denver on Friday night for the $$. However, regardless of what happens with the Gophers the Friday night game will continue to be the #1 seed vs. the play-in game winner until they vote otherwise.

This also allows the play-in winner more rest time which they thought would be more fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post

You seriously think MN will sweep UND in Grand Forks? I don't remember the last time that happened - 2002?

You coming to the F5 or the west regional the following week?
                      I remember the last time; there was some jersey poppin by Poltuny and Irmen as they kicked the **** out of their home town.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxyeahyeah View Post
                        That is incorrect. The #1 seed always plays the Friday night game as of at least 3 years ago when the league faculty reps voted to do it. I'm sure the WCHA would love to have the Gophers beat the Sioux, win the play-in game and then face Denver on Friday night for the $$. However, regardless of what happens with the Gophers the Friday night game will continue to be the #1 seed vs. the play-in game winner until they vote otherwise.

This also allows the play-in winner more rest time which they thought would be more fair.

That only if Minnesota does not make it into the friday semifinals, If they do make it. they are automatic slotted to the friday night game no matter what.

as long as Minnesota is in the semifinals of the WCHA tourney final 5. the 1 seed to friday night thing does not apply unless it again Minnesota or Minnesota is not in the semifinals.
                        Last edited by Gophers #1; 03-07-2010, 01:02 PM.
                        Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Sioux in One
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by siouxyeahyeah View Post

I'd like to see your research on that please. As of last year (in fact Hakstol talked about it on a coaches show last year) the "Minnesota Rule" is still in effect. It is written into the Final 5 contract with FSN and the X. The Gophers will always play on Friday eve. no matter what seed they are vs. #1 seed. If you eliminate the "Gopher Rule" then it's always #2 vs. #3 (Friday aft.) and #1 vs. #4 (Friday night).
                            Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-07-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Why are we even discussing this? Minnesota winning three out of four games? *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif***********http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif******

Sioux in One
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Because even a snowball in hell rolls a little while?

Comment

Working...
                                X