X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I'd like to pole a few employee's at Alary's...
    Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Agreed
    Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
    Seconded. motion passes.
    All in favor?

eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye eye !!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Ski yo momma!
    Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
    Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

There is so much talent in the state that its not a matter of out-recruiting. It's simply a matter of more players than scholarships available.
      NOT A MATTER OF OUT-RECRUITING!!!

Let me get this straight.

Half of the 2010 Winter Olympic Mens Ice Hockey all-stars (Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Zach Parise) all played High School hockey in Minnesota and you are suggesting that the only reason they didn't play college hockey for Minnesota is that Minnesota didn't have enough scholarships?

If that is the case U of M needs to fire the idiot that is giving away hockey scholarships to inferior hockey players?
      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post

Half of the 2010 Winter Olympic Mens Ice Hockey all-stars (Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Zach Parise) all played High School hockey in Minnesota and you are suggesting that the only reason they didn't play college hockey for Minnesota is that Minnesota didn't have enough scholarships?

If that is the case U of M needs to fire the idiot that is giving away hockey scholarships to inferior hockey players?
        {sigh}
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

From Brad:

As for the news, UND coach Dave Hakstol restated that he does not believe that the Sioux have a spot in the NCAA tournament locked up. He said that the Pairwise Rankings this year are a very slippery slope and he thinks the Sioux could be in big trouble if they don't take care of business this weekend.

As far as the lines tonight, Brett Hextall will play right wing on the top line. The junior line will stay together and the third line will be Corban Knight, Darcy Zajac and Danny Kristo. David Toews also will be in on the fourth line, along with Mario Lamoureux and Carter Rowney.

Also, Brent Davidson will play on defense again tonight for either Joe Gleason or Corey Fienhage. Hakstol said he felt Davidson was solid last weekend.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

What are people up to for these games? Meeting somewhere? Sensers? I haven't been paying attention because I am a failure.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

see, everyone thinks UND is a lock to make the tourney. They lose both games and they can bust out the golf clubs.
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Of course, none of those guys ever won a NCAA Championship, unlike Vanek, who was recruited the same year as parise, and won one. I guess if all that really matters is National Championships, than Minnesota did a lot better at recruiting than UND.
                Last edited by Happy; 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

None of what you said was my point. What I said was Minnesota as a state has enough talent to support many schools recruiting players from there, and the talent wouldn't see a big drop off.

Sidney Crosby is Canadian and was probably much more prone to go a different route than NCAA from the start. I doubt anyone was going to land him regardless.

Going player by player through the state and looking at how future careers went is a futile endeavor. Not all good NCAA players turn out to be good pros.

Schroeder has medals from WJC and may be a great pro with the Canucks (or whoever). Which I guess means UND was out-recruited (by your criteria).
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's that time again for RinkPig's weekly predictions.

1. Danny Kristo will break his fingers after scoring a goal and doing his gay little knuckle drag celebration move….Danny why don’t you try and act like you’ve been there before instead of like the tool?!
                    2. After scoring yet another goal against the Susie’s, Cepis will get cross checked in the back when he isn’t looking by a frustrated ND player…I would predict the player who does it, but we all know each Sue player is as dirty of the next guy. So it would be impossible to pick just one.
                    3. Coach Hak will bring back his patented flip off the ref move after Tony Lucia beats down Lamoureux yet again….and his twins sisters will feel embarrassed to have the same lat name.
                    4. Last but not least the Gophers will kick the **** out of the hicks from North Dakota, and all their fans per usual will say they got screwed by the refs!.

Comment

Schroeder has medals from WJC and may be a great pro with the Canucks (or whoever). Which I guess means UND was out-recruited (by your criteria).
                      Big difference in talent between the Olympics and WJC.

North Dakota cannot recruit every great player from Minnesota but 2 out of the top 3 isn't bad.
                      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

He's also not pro yet. So he hasn't had his chance at Olympics.

Erik Johnson? Oh yeah that wouldn't be 2 out 3 then. So nevermind.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

North Dakota cannot recruit every great player from Minnesota but 2 out of the top 3 isn't bad.

For Parise's sake.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not all good NCAA players turn out to be good pros.
                            Crowley and Bonin for MN and Panzer for UND immediately come to mind. Things might have gone differently for them had they been born 10 years later and been around to take advantage of the new NHL's emphasis on the skill game.

Comment

Let me guess Sheppard is reffing this game? I guarantee the Gophers have more powerplays than the Sioux...Anyone want to bet?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerinMinnesota View Post
                                Let me guess Sheppard is reffing this game? I guarantee the Gophers have more powerplays than the Sioux...Anyone want to bet?
                                I will bet that UND fans whine a hell of a lot more about the refs than gopher fans
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X