X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    and they never will, since you still have your racist mascot, and a non-racist ncaa.
    You mean the bought out NC$$
    dash 8
    what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

it took out of state money to build the REA, not enough profit in sugar beets or enough local pride to build their own.
      Happy! I thought you must have a place in the BVI. You usually go missing this time of year.

If the Sioux win by 2 on Fri, they win by at least 4 on Sat. If they lose on Fri, they are in trouble.

Comment

• Apparently the number of Gopher fans in hiding is inversely related to the number d-bag Sioux fans coming from nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          Correct. These tools who yap about their fans' superior "support" either don't remember the last drought for their team or weren't fans yet when it happened. In any event, they really should know better than to spout off in this thread given the fact that a number of MN fans have been following the sport longer than since the early '00s.

And since we've been around long enough to have witnessed UND's last NCAA tourney drought, we know that your fans don't show up during down years, either.

By "dynamics", scooby was not referencing the dimensions of Mariucci. He was referring to the ticket situation there and why there is likely to always be empty seats there - and it has little to do with the quality of the team.
          UND's last season they missed the NCAA's was 01-02, and IIRC they did sell out most if not all games. It should be noted, however, that 01-02 was the first season in REA.

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          That is what excessive losing does to you. Just look at Tech fans!
          The Techies can be a fun bunch...most can't hold their liquor, but that's part of the fun.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            The Techies can be a fun bunch...most can't hold their liquor, but that's part of the fun.
            my feeling is, any group that Brent is associated with sucks.
            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

UND's last season they missed the NCAA's was 01-02, and IIRC they did sell out most if not all games. It should be noted, however, that 01-02 was the first season in REA.
              Not only that, but they were national runner-up the year before that and national champions two years prior - it's not like '01-'02 was the third mediocre .500 season in a row for them. As I said previously, the last comparable period for UND was the early to mid '90s before Blais brought them back.

Comment

I can't wait for the series to start, let alone the Final Five. I just got some tickets, and hope I get to see the Sioux play in 1 of the 3 games I'm going to.
                THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                University of Oregon Ducks Football
                San Francisco Giants
                Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  Apparently you missed the announcer saying "welcome to another sold out ralph engelstad arena".
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  And Mariucci is ALWAYS sold out as well. What the hell is your point?
                  He doesn't have one.

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                  my feeling is, any group that Brent is associated with sucks.
                  So, since you are a regular guest at Chez Rube, and are a Sioux fan, therefore associating me with the Sioux fanbase, you are saying that the Sioux fans suck.

I can agree with that.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    So, since you are a regular guest at Chez Rube, and are a Sioux fan, therefore associating me with the Sioux fanbase, you are saying that the Sioux fans suck.
                    You do not own a Sioux jersey, nor do you ever cheer for the Sioux, meaning you are not associated with the fanbase as a whole.

And you should feel lucky and privileged to be able to hang out with people such as myself and Sloe Gin.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

it took out of state money to build the REA, not enough profit in sugar beets or enough local pride to build their own.
                      You seem to have a revisionist approach to History, Ralph did actually live in Grand Forks, ND. Sometimes I wonder if you smoke the hookah pipe before coming to post at USCHO?
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

You do not own a Sioux jersey, nor do you ever cheer for the Sioux, meaning you are not associated with the fanbase as a whole.

And you should feel lucky and privileged to be able to hang out with people such as myself and Sloe Gin.
                        Why? So I can get Brick Disease and lose my job? That's about the best things you guys have going for you right now.

And you know, you can always stay at the Sheraton down the road. Chez Rube doesn't have to accept hostile and abusive guests.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And you know, you can always stay at the Sheraton down the road. Chez Rube doesn't have to accept hostile and abusive guests.
                          Yes, you do. It's the law, Mr. Racist.

Sioux in One
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Yes, you do. It's the law, Mr. Racist.

Sioux in One
                            I make my own laws. I'm a sovereign nation. Surely you understand that, Chief With Crappy Cable.

Comment

Why? So I can get Brick Disease and lose my job? That's about the best things you guys have going for you right now.
                              as of now, I'm employed until May, *kstick.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Fine, I'll switch places with Flashy Man.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X