X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarters: UML @ Maine

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Is that Larry's excuse?

Larry doesn't need an excuse to hit the sauce.
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Maine is effed next season with Sirman. Any good h.s. goaltenders in Eastern Maine?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
        I'm pretty sure the athletic code says that athletes can't drink during the season.
        That's always been enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maines 4th line is back together, think that helps Maine out on D. Nyquist is obviously hurt, not sure whats up but I'd guess back issues. The freshman forwards have disappeared. The D refuses to touch anyone, thats coaching if you ask me, its part of Timmays system. Willie is good enough to win 2 games at Alfond, we'll see if he can do it or if Tim will let him try.
          Willy is good enough to win 2 games....if all the other stuff you said wasn't true. But it is true. I'm also wondering what affect the whole Darling situation has had on the team chemistry/moral. It can't be positive or help in any way. It just looks like the same ol same ol with this team. Makes me feel like a dope because I really thought that this team had the work ethic and grit to be different. Maybe it is Timmay. Who knows at this point.

Comment

I'm predicting a UML sweep.

I'm hoping MC knocks out BU as well so I can root for a great "underdog".
            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/138496.html

Interesting news...

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                Interesting indeed, mostly because there is no quote anywhere in the article that says Darling will be out. A few misc quotes about everyone being ready but that's it.

Then this from Ted Ryan of the Burlington Free Press reports (this is mostly on UVM but mentions the other series) that Darling should be back in net.

Have to wonder if Ted is just hypothesizing or if Timmay is trying to cloud the situation......is Timmay that smart??

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...yoff-pairings/
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Interesting indeed, mostly because there is no quote anywhere in the article that says Darling will be out. A few misc quotes about everyone being ready but that's it.

Then this from Ted Ryan of the Burlington Free Press reports (this is mostly on UVM but mentions the other series) that Darling should be back in net.
                  well he'd know better than the people that cover maine for a living right?

Comment

Sophomore goalie Scott Darling has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules, according to coach Tim Whitehead. From the article.

Ted is just wrong.

Comment

Scott Darling in goal.

http://www.penguinpoop.com/goalie_drunk20.jpg

Comment

He won't be in net but Lowell coach Blaise MacDonald has asked if Darling can be his Designated Driver this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          He won't be in net but Lowell coach Blaise MacDonald has asked if Darling can be his Designated Driver this weekend.

Seeing that Darling likes Ushia (sic) maybe he can bring Blaise there.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                            Sophomore goalie Scott Darling has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules, according to coach Tim Whitehead. From the article.

Ted is just wrong.
                            Right, I read that. Sounds like a press release from previously. Nowhere in the article did Timmay say Darling is still suspended, won't be playing or anything of the sort......

Do you think the reporter was too incompetent to ask that question or do you think he asked and Tim refused to comment ??

I'm not saying it's true what Ted Ryan reported, just saying its a little fishy there was no quote from Whitehead saying one way or the other.

Sometimes what isn't actually stated says more then what is.

Comment

Larry the reporter is also one of the radio voices for Maine Hockey. If Larry had used anything of that sort from a UMaine press release he would have stated that the quote was from a UMaine press release. When he writes according to Tim Whitehead, that is an indication that the quote came from Tim. I am pretty sure that the "suspended indefinitely" makes it very clear that he will be out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                                Larry the reporter is also one of the radio voices for Maine Hockey. If Larry had used anything of that sort from a UMaine press release he would have stated that the quote was from a UMaine press release. When he writes according to Tim Whitehead, that is an indication that the quote came from Tim. I am pretty sure that the "suspended indefinitely" makes it very clear that he will be out this weekend.
                                OK, I hope UML plans on Sirman and then Darling comes out and stones them. Just trying to give UME fans a bit of hope and optimism.....

But if Larry the reporter asked Tim that and Tim responded that he is suspended indefinitely then Larry the report should have used quotes. Afterall that is the reason for them....to quote somebody when they say something. Larry the reporter should stick to announcing as he has a rather tenuous grasp on proper writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X