Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Was talking about this last night with some people, but if there was fighting in college hockey, are there any two guys you'd like to see go at it more than Gryba and Bigos? That's a big time heavyweight bout right there.
    Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      Or the time Gryba got into that mix with that Merrimack thug, who hit him in the face 5 times, but they both got roughing AND Gryba got an instigator.

Or the time where Connolly got hit in the head and got blindsided and the blind refs missed it.
      Or the time the blind refs missed the blatant pick by Cohen on Ross which led directly to a 2 on none breakaway goal by Saponari? (see mookie post) And I agree, Bonino got tripped/hooked/hauled down coming around the net before the tying goal.

Poor Gryba. I guess the instigator penalty means he won't win the HE sportsmanship award this year? There really wasn't much of a "mix", until he got into Bigos' face. There was an absolutely bogus cross check call on BU (when Bigos was slding the puck back to Cannatta) but there was an obvious make-up call on MC not long after. Again, it happens, no complaint from me.

Yes, the refs miss calls, both ways, imagine that. Get over it. BU won, MC lost, new game tonight.

Scarlet, WRD357 was referencing that none of the BU posters are commenting about the uncalled penalty on the pick play by Cohen. Why would they complain, it led directly to a BU goal?
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        And I agree, Bonino got tripped/hooked/hauled down coming around the net before the tying goal.
        There was actually a delayed penalty coming on that if Saponari hadn't scored.
        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Yes, the refs miss calls, both ways, imagine that. Get over it. BU won, MC lost, new game tonight.
          We need to get over it? It was a Merrimack fan that started this discussion on bad calls, so I find this statement amuuuuuuuusing.

Scarlet, WRD357 was referencing that none of the BU posters are commenting about the uncalled penalty on the pick play by Cohen. Why would they complain, it led directly to a BU goal?
          Ah, OK. It did't read like that. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

any mack fan complaining about officiating should read the powerplay section of the boxscore then read the part where you had two pps in the 3rd after we went up 3-2..you got the calls and had your chances.
            time to write new history

Comment

Or the time the blind refs missed the blatant pick by Cohen on Ross which led directly to a 2 on none breakaway goal by Saponari? (see mookie post) And I agree, Bonino got tripped/hooked/hauled down coming around the net before the tying goal.

Poor Gryba. I guess the instigator penalty means he won't win the HE sportsmanship award this year? There really wasn't much of a "mix", until he got into Bigos' face. There was an absolutely bogus cross check call on BU (when Bigos was slding the puck back to Cannatta) but there was an obvious make-up call on MC not long after. Again, it happens, no complaint from me.

In no way am I acting like we saw BU get taken out back by the officiating last night. I'm saying its absurd that Merrimack fans are complaining about the officiating when the reffing style was very beneficial to their style of play.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                Good work 'Mack.
                I thought BU did pretty well too...
                Last edited by quiddlet; 03-13-2010, 04:25 PM.
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  We need to get over it? It was a Merrimack fan that started this discussion on bad calls, so I find this statement amuuuuuuuusing.
                  You're quite right, an MC fan did get it started but TBA exacerbated the discussion How 'bout if my "get over it" was directed at both parties? Does that work?
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

You're quite right, an MC fan did get it started but TBA exacerbated the discussion How 'bout if my "get over it" was directed at both parties? Does that work?
                    Compromise!? On a USCHO board!?!?
                    Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

This thread is half way down page 2 despite an overtime game tonight and a game 3 upcoming tomorrow night. Nobody has had a thing to say about this series since before the game started. Shocking!
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

was the BU goal waved off as a high stick because Mack's #3 hit it with a high stick and it next touched his teammate (Cannatta) before going in the cage?

i'm not sure of the rule....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          was the BU goal waved off as a high stick because Mack's #3 hit it with a high stick and it next touched his teammate (Cannatta) before going in the cage?

While we're on the topic of disallowed goals, does anyone know the rule about "reviews?" Can a coach "request" to have a play reviewed? We sit in 104 right on the blue line, and in the second period we saw a shot from the point go in. At least five of us definitely saw it go in...it hit the white "base" and came out in an arc. There's no way a puck that hits the post comes out like that, but after play continued for another minute or so, nothing happened at the next whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I had a pretty good view of it from 102. I thought the mack guy gloved it off the goalie and in, but the refs felt it was gloved by a BU guy. Since that was the call on the ice, and the video replay probably provided little assistance, the call stood.
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              While we're on the topic of disallowed goals, does anyone know the rule about "reviews?" Can a coach "request" to have a play reviewed? We sit in 104 right on the blue line, and in the second period we saw a shot from the point go in. At least five of us definitely saw it go in...it hit the white "base" and came out in an arc. There's no way a puck that hits the post comes out like that, but after play continued for another minute or so, nothing happened at the next whistle.
                              I have 20/10 vision and also saw that go in. Plain as day. That's two goals they totally effed up on.

Keenan and Benedetto are the absolute worst I've ever seen. Why are they allowed to do this game after game and year after year?
                              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                I had a pretty good view of it from 102. I thought the mack guy gloved it off the goalie and in, but the refs felt it was gloved by a BU guy. Since that was the call on the ice, and the video replay probably provided little assistance, the call stood.
                                i was waiting for the stupid videoboard to show us what the camerajocks at HAA got for that. it was knocked in by #3 to all of us on that side.

"world class entertainment facility" with chitty video replay. place sucks.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X