Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals - #7 UMass @ #2 Boston College

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
    Why is Milner devoid of blame? That 4th goal he was out of position, so he slid accross the crease to try to make up for it and then got turned around and was in the net, facing the back of the net while the shot was being taken. Then the 5th goal was just awful. Just a goal that never should of happened.

That said Gibbons was bad too. I am pretty sure he passed the pick directly to one of the UMass players stick on the 3rd goal.

The team didn't play well tonight, and part of that was Milner. Hopefully they play the was they did in the 2nd for 3 periods tomorrow.
    Im not absolving him of blame, just pointing out that he was far from the only guy who almost cost them this game. He's the easy target with Muse sitting on the bench. I agree Muse should be in net the rest of the way.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      Im not absolving him of blame, just pointing out that he was far from the only guy who almost cost them this game. He's the easy target with Muse sitting on the bench. I agree Muse should be in net the rest of the way.
      I think we are arguing over points of agreement, hahaha. Basically we were on the same page, but thought we weren't.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
        Milner was bad all night. That doesn't excuse the team. They were bad too. But the 3 goals that weren't to 5 on 3 goals, we just bad goals, at least in my opinion.
        Both goalies were extremely shaky tonight. Like I said before, Muse is the better goalie, if that's not clear after tonight than I don't know what is.
        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Postgame Recap and Video from Inside Hockey:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6151
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbZxi-D1bC4

Comment

If BC didn't give up two 5x3 goals the game wouldn't even be close. I would go with Milner again but can't fault him for all 5 goals.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Milner is a good young goalie who will improve with experience. I still want Muse in net this playoff season. If Milner goes again tonight, Muse (assuming he would play) would go into a single game elimination game with two weeks between starts. Logically, Muse starts tonight.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I certainly hope to see Muse in net tonight. That 5th goal given up by Milner was abysmal. I will say he made some key saves later on in the 3rd period, but I want Muse in net the rest of the way. I'm willing to bet however that Milner is back in net again tonight.
                National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

since i had fried the students for not showing up in a previous post, they deserve kudos for their showing last night. us alumni should be fried. If it weren't for them the place would have been a morgue...........good job and get back there tonight in even greater numbers. Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    since i had fried the students for not showing up in a previous post, they deserve kudos for their showing last night. us alumni should be fried. If it weren't for them the place would have been a morgue...........good job and get back there tonight in even greater numbers. Go Eagles!
                    Agreed about the students great showing, but isn't it always a morgue if not for the students?

Comment

There were way too many empty red seats and the bulk of those belong to season ticket holders / alumni. I hesitate to call them fans. That place should rock for a playoff game. As it was the UMASS fans made a good showing and were fairly loud.
                      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

When Joe Witney chased the puck into the zone and had to jump over a diving Dainton did anyone else see Joe Exter and Patrick Eaves out there? Other then the exact location on the ice it was virtually identical.
                        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                          There were way too many empty red seats and the bulk of those belong to season ticket holders / alumni. I hesitate to call them fans. That place should rock for a playoff game. As it was the UMASS fans made a good showing and were fairly loud.
                          These games aren't part of the season ticket package. You have to jump through hoops to get your seats.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I'm a season ticket holder and I got mine without jumping through too many hoops. ( I did stumble once and cut my knee ) I believe they should be part of the season ticket package. If the team advances your account is charged and tickets are mailed to your house.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                              When Joe Witney chased the puck into the zone and had to jump over a diving Dainton did anyone else see Joe Exter and Patrick Eaves out there? Other then the exact location on the ice it was virtually identical.
                              I thought the exact same thing but hesitated to say as much to those around me. Scary.

Dainton went on a few adventures last night, ***? Is he always that crazy? He actually got run over by Whitney behind the net once.

Agree x100 on the student section turnout. It far surpassed my expectations. The only buzzkill was that after bringing some really good energy in the first period, the chanting and cheering sort of fizzled through the second and went away in the third.

It was a long, long game with lots of craziness so I'm thinking people got tired. Plus when it was 6-5 there was some real nervousness.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
                                Agreed about the students great showing, but isn't it always a morgue if not for the students?
                                you have a point

Comment

Working...
                                X