• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    Not an inspiring lineup for UVM

I think this is over in two
    UVM's first line can compete with any first line in the league. The Catamounts clog up the neutral zone as well as any team which is a big challenge for UNH. Finally, Madore is capable of frustrating goal scorers. I think this will be a tight series.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
      UVM's first line can compete with any first line in the league. The Catamounts clog up the neutral zone as well as any team which is a big challenge for UNH. Finally, Madore is capable of frustrating goal scorers. I think this will be a tight series.
      This board is funny..opposite of UVM-UML threads...here we both expect our teams to suck more...I am with snwbrdr on this one..we suck more

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
        This board is funny..opposite of UVM-UML threads...here we both expect our teams to suck more...I am with snwbrdr on this one..we suck more
        I don't think either team sucks. Regular season champions don't suck, by definition.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

***!! I guess that is the result when you have a team that has been ruling the 3rd period all season and one that has been giving it up in the 3rd all season..

Curious for some insight from those at the game. Was it Madore, the D or just UNH turning it on?

Comment

Riddle me this ? UUVNMH

Answer:
            Vermont vs UNH crowd last night. Vermont takes this series in three.

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
              Riddle me this ? UUVNMH

Answer:
              Vermont vs UNH crowd last night. Vermont takes this series in three.

You lost me there ReebokBob

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                You lost me there ReebokBob
                Figured it out. The crowd noise at the Whitt TOnight

Comment

***!! I guess that is the result when you have a team that has been ruling the 3rd period all season and one that has been giving it up in the 3rd all season..

Curious for some insight from those at the game. Was it Madore, the D or just UNH turning it on?
                  Both teams played badly, Madore played terribly and Foster, well once he gave up the 4th goal, settled down nicely

not good hockey.

Comment

Figured it out. The crowd noise at the Whitt TOnight
                    Well, the little UVM section was rather vocal, but they weren't louder. Neither groups of fans were loud when their team was losing..

Whittemorgue strikes again!

Comment

• Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Well, the little UVM section was rather vocal, but they weren't louder. Neither groups of fans were loud when their team was losing..

Whittemorgue strikes again!
                      Didnt hear much from their little section after Sislo's wraparound. Weird. Speaking of Sislo's wraparound, the UVM section had a great view of it.

Comment

Yet another game where two different UNH teams showed up. One shows up for the first 40 minutes (38, tonight), has trouble clearing the puck, tends to stop moving their feet, gets out-hustled and out-muscled. The other shows up for the final 20 (22, tonight), and dominates. In their last 7 games, UNH was won 3 and tied 3; all of them relied on 3rd period comebacks.

BTW, pretty sure UVM's 3rd goal was put in by Krates.
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                          Yet another game where two different UNH teams showed up. One shows up for the first 40 minutes (38, tonight), has trouble clearing the puck, tends to stop moving their feet, gets out-hustled and out-muscled. The other shows up for the final 20 (22, tonight), and dominates. In their last 7 games, UNH was won 3 and tied 3; all of them relied on 3rd period comebacks.

BTW, pretty sure UVM's 3rd goal was put in by Krates.
                          I didn't have a good view of the third goal, but Krates should have gotten an assist on UVM's 4th goal when he leveled that player (should have been a penalty) and left it open for a 2 on 1 for UVM which they buried. That was awful....

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            I didn't have a good view of the third goal, but Krates should have gotten an assist on UVM's 4th goal when he leveled that player (should have been a penalty) and left it open for a 2 on 1 for UVM which they buried. That was awful....
                            Agreed. He had a hell of a night. Great goal off a face-off, own-goal, vicious hit that led to a UVM goal, and looked a half-step off in the defensive zone the rest of the game.
                            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                            -Fred Shero

Comment

Postgame Recap and Video from Game 1 from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6148
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gYVtPfCqqE

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                                Mei Wei is where the China Buffet used to be; it's actually one of the top Chinese places in the area. A friend from NYC said it's the best sushi she's had outside of NY. They have a full bar, and full menu until 1am for post game libations.
                                Funny how opinions are. To me, it's just a dressed up China Trough. Only the fried rice is better in my experience.

Moe's Sandwhiches, JP's Eatery, Wildcat Pizza, Village Pizza are all your typical sub shobs; I prefer Wildcat of the three for steak subs, and Moe's has the best italians around.
                                Gimme a DHOP 'roni, mushroom, olive any day.

As for bars, Scorps on Tues/Thurs was great, but I'll take the Knot over the fake TP or Libby's. Ballards made the mistake of running Guinness off the regular CO2 tap, and now Guinness is strictly canned. If you're Knot Irish, come on down the stairs.
                                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Working...
                                X