Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
    Not expecting a Wahs Stacey return. Would he help? Tough to say, he would probably slide into N-Roos spot w/Rohloff and Downing and N-Roos slides to line 4....don't count on this. Wahs, if repaired enough to skate, still is nowhere near game shape.

Didn't see anything glaring with Franzon last weekend, assume he will be back but would think they might shorten the bench on D and rotate 5. Also, Anctil didn't seem to be in a sling or anything so maybe he was referring to him.....also those two were on the trip to Lowell, Wahs wasn't. .
    Wahs actually was on the Lowell trip as I saw him along with the other players who didn't dress as they were walking into the rink. He also was not walking with any sort of noticable limp so who know maybe he will indeed be back.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Just curious, why? What's been the difference?
      People get old and spoiled.
      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Just curious, why? What's been the difference?
        1.) Product on the ice; UNH was consistently ranked #5 or up; now, they're more middle of the rankings. Slightly lower talent level = slightly lower expectations = slightly lower fan involvement.

2.) Too many season tickets holders in the same seats for too long, getting apathetic. I recently moved to a new section, after spending 9 years in the student section. I tried starting a UNH chant, and later recieved a call from athletics; ending line of a phone call was, "those people don't want to hear cheering at a hockey." I was pretty ****ed, by the way . . .

3.) Squashing of fan support, esp. from the student section . . . the administration and the students seem to be at war, sometimes (Black Betty!). Despite the best efforts of UNHHockey29, tCBG, UNHKazooMonkey, freak, and many others, the student section is not as into games as they used to be, partially because of administration, and partially because . . . they're just lazier than when i was 19 years old?

When I was a student, you'd leave the Whitt and your ears would ring sometimes. I miss those days.
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by whitaker9999 View Post
          Wahs actually was on the Lowell trip as I saw him along with the other players who didn't dress as they were walking into the rink. He also was not walking with any sort of noticable limp so who know maybe he will indeed be back.
          Nope....Wahs will apparently miss the series. But Anctil and Franzon will suit up.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

just listened to dick on the morning buzz and he gave props to uvm and how well they played down the stretch. he wouldn't say it but i will.........unh sweeps this series even though uvm played us tough a couple of weeks ago. i just think unh is too strong at home for uvm to take this series.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

might be in the thread already but too lazy to hunt. What are the options for pre-game somewhat close to Whit (within 5 miles). I went to a place maybe a mile or two past the arena on the left with some hot unh ladies tending the bar....that will suffice, but anything else in case it's packed? Looking for a handful of micro's and some pub-grub.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
                might be in the thread already but too lazy to hunt. What are the options for pre-game somewhat close to Whit (within 5 miles). I went to a place maybe a mile or two past the arena on the left with some hot unh ladies tending the bar....that will suffice, but anything else in case it's packed? Looking for a handful of micro's and some pub-grub.
                Everything in Durham is within 5 miles. 10 minutes walk, at most.

Libbys Bar & Grille is probably the 'classiest' of the Durham eateries (unless you want to spend an arm and a leg at Three Chimneys Inn); good food, reasonably priced, a few of the waitresses are cute.

Ballards (the old Tin Palace) is somewhat comparable to Libby's; more pub style. Everything on tap is always just $3. This is the place you're talking about, on the left, with the hot ladies. Not so anymore

Wings Your Way is just off Main St, on Jenkins Court; if you like hot wings, try this place. They have a couple beers on tap, along with a pretty full menu (burgers, quesedillas, etc). The owner is pretty cute, but rarely around (FWIW for all readers, the newer Wings Your Way in Northhampton blows this one out of the water; Kirby bought an old 99's Building, and went all out). For the brave, try the "Special Reserve" sauce, but heed the warning: not for people with HBP, heart conditions, or pregnant women. Yes, it's really that hot.

Mei Wei is where the China Buffet used to be; it's actually one of the top Chinese places in the area. A friend from NYC said it's the best sushi she's had outside of NY. They have a full bar, and full menu until 1am for post game libations.

Franz's Food is one of my personal favorites in town; no bar, unfortunately. It's a little better food than a normal sub shop, with a wide variety; if you're looking for something quick in town, hit them up.

Moe's Sandwhiches, JP's Eatery, Wildcat Pizza, Village Pizza are all your typical sub shobs; I prefer Wildcat of the three for steak subs, and Moe's has the best italians around.

Enjoy your trip to Durham! Where ya stayin?
                I haven't been on here in a year...
                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Uvm is in rough shape with no stacey on the big sheet. Only hope is huge weekend from madore and the large d playing the body well without penalties.. Go uvm

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    Uvm is in rough shape with no stacey on the big sheet. Only hope is huge weekend from madore and the large d playing the body well without penalties.. Go uvm
                    Its no different then a few weeks ago, and Madore didnt have all that great of a night Friday.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                      Everything in Durham is within 5 miles. 10 minutes walk, at most.

Libbys Bar & Grille is probably the 'classiest' of the Durham eateries (unless you want to spend an arm and a leg at Three Chimneys Inn); good food, reasonably priced, a few of the waitresses are cute.

Ballards (the old Tin Palace) is somewhat comparable to Libby's; more pub style. Everything on tap is always just $3. This is the place you're talking about, on the left, with the hot ladies. Not so anymore

Wings Your Way is just off Main St, on Jenkins Court; if you like hot wings, try this place. They have a couple beers on tap, along with a pretty full menu (burgers, quesedillas, etc). The owner is pretty cute, but rarely around (FWIW for all readers, the newer Wings Your Way in Northhampton blows this one out of the water; Kirby bought an old 99's Building, and went all out). For the brave, try the "Special Reserve" sauce, but heed the warning: not for people with HBP, heart conditions, or pregnant women. Yes, it's really that hot.

Mei Wei is where the China Buffet used to be; it's actually one of the top Chinese places in the area. A friend from NYC said it's the best sushi she's had outside of NY. They have a full bar, and full menu until 1am for post game libations.

Franz's Food is one of my personal favorites in town; no bar, unfortunately. It's a little better food than a normal sub shop, with a wide variety; if you're looking for something quick in town, hit them up.

Moe's Sandwhiches, JP's Eatery, Wildcat Pizza, Village Pizza are all your typical sub shobs; I prefer Wildcat of the three for steak subs, and Moe's has the best italians around.

Enjoy your trip to Durham! Where ya stayin?
                      cool, thanks. Hooking up with a buddy of mine who lives in Maine. Can't stay for the if neccessary game so one of these teams will have to get it done in two.

yeah, it was the Tin Palace.

Comment

Lines are up

Vock - Irwin - Stalburg
                        Burrows - Roloff - Downing
                        McCarthy - Higgins - Pacan
                        Leonard - Anctil - Nilsson-Roos

Marshall out

Cullity - Miller
                        Medvec - Lawson
                        Mackenzie - Franzon

Madore

No surprises on D and in net but still wish he would put the freshman back together. Cats need the D to chip in this weekend cant believe Lawson still has no goals while Cullity has 2.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

UVM has no chance in hell of winning this series.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                            HEY! I gave my ticket to someone else who DID attend.

I'm on 2nd shift at work so I had to give up my Friday ticket, but we weren't busy that night, so I took a few hours off. Swung by the Whitt hoping to pick up a ticket, but they were sold out.
                            Too bad you didn't find my wife first, she unloaded an extra ticket out front (daughter didn't make it home from CT in time).
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Not an inspiring lineup for UVM

particularly with Stacey out

suprised Marshall is sitting (not that his production has been impressive, but he can skate)

dump, cycle, pray

I think this is over in two

Looking forward to seeing Brickley and company next season, along with this years freshmen after another year of weight training. Should be interesting.

Comment

Ogilthorpe I love it .Thought of that name last night when we were watching Hartnell with the Flyers. Is Higgins good? Didn't know he's from Stratham / Exeter & PEA.

Comment

Working...
                                X