Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
    HAHAHA!!! Priceless. What a zipperhead that kid was.
    What the heck did he do anyway???? Actually make some noise at the Whit?

Hey is that cop ex UNH alum and actor "Jim" from whatever that show was a couple of years ago? Spitting image. Although fat dopey white dude in a security outfit is pretty common

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      He was fine until he crashed in to the guy in the pink polo (who wasn't paying any attention to him) and then tried to start a fight with the guy. That is when the cops appeared and he got tossed.
      Thanks BJ errr ah JB. . We must have been typing at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
        What the heck did he do anyway???? Actually make some noise at the Whit?

Hey is that cop ex UNH alum and actor "Jim" from whatever that show was a couple of years ago? Spitting image. Although fat dopey white dude in a security outfit is pretty common
        2nd year in a row, this LCD got arrested, last year he was flipping off the crowd and throwing stuff at the UNH band director while they were performing...

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          A UVM fan in the student section a couple years ago -- might have even been the first time UVM and UNH played at the Whit as Hockey East opponents -- had it on a sign. I thought it was clever, so I straight up stole it
          Great thread title.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
            I was very impressed with how UVM played at the Whit three weekends ago. In addition to cycling well in the offensive zone (as noted above), they effectively "trapped" UNH making it difficult for the Wildcats to get out of their own zone and through the neutral zone. What impressed me most was that UVM played well in spite of the major disruption of losing their second-leading scorer under contentious circumstances.

Despite what a few insufferable fans from Beantown believe, there is a lot of parity in Hockey East this season. I don't think any of the first four seeds in the tournament are a lock to advance to the semifinals. I'm looking forward to more exciting hockey this weekend.
            Was more impressed with UVM several weeks ago than with UNH. Many posters have noted the successful come-from-behind efforts, but they are so unnecessary. This became clearer this afternoon watching Bowdoin and Middlebury skate hard for sixty minutes. They were all over each other; no one had much time to make a decision. For only short periods did UVM or UNH display that pressure.

Watched the UMaine-UMass game Saturday nite, and they too -- both teams -- had long, lax periods that we never saw even in the Div II semifinals on Saturday afternoon. The winners this weekend, in all four matches, skill level differences notwithstanding, will be the teams that skate the hardest the longest.

Comment

On that same night in the opposite end of the rink there was a UNH fan who did not like it that a young(College age both)Vermont fan was standing up and supporting VT so he would also stand up and repeatedly(at least half a dozen or more) spew out F-bombs and other words like Pu$$y and others and this in a section full of kids and families. Anyone within 5 sections could hear this as it was when the action on the ice had stopped.

The funniest part was the friends he was sitting with seemed to be more embarrassed that anyone.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                On that same night in the opposite end of the rink there was a UNH fan who did not like it that a young(College age both)Vermont fan was standing up and supporting VT so he would also stand up and repeatedly(at least half a dozen or more) spew out F-bombs and other words like Pu$$y and others and this in a section full of kids and families. Anyone within 5 sections could hear this as it was when the action on the ice had stopped.

The funniest part was the friends he was sitting with seemed to be more embarrassed that anyone.
                That guy was awful; he was sitting in section 115, right next to the Visitor's section. It's too bad so few can spoil for so many.
                I haven't been on here in a year...
                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

it IS embarassing being around people like that.

Its too bad that happened, usually UNH and its fans are treated with such class up at the Gutt

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    They didn't let Lowell get anything. Lowell dominated the game from whistle to siren. Vermont's goal was a fluke that went completely against the flow of play. UVM spent the last 40 of that game clinging to the tie. Unfortunate that Lowell couldn't put another puck past Madore, who was fighting the puck all weekend. And by fighting I mean looked scared ****less.

Vermont was the beneficary of an awful 5 min. major/game misconduct to Lowell Captain Ben Holmstom six minutes into the game. Not to mention that the refs decided to put the whistles away right after that call and seemed perfectly ok with Vermont's numerous holds, hooks and a laughably obvious running the goaltender.

UNH sweeps, and it shouldn't even be close.
                    I hope he is "scared ****less" this weekend too then. I'll take 36 saves and only letting up one goal any day no matter what emotions a goalie is feeling.
                    Last edited by adidasjerry; 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Unnecessary racial slur? Haven't you ever seen Gran Turino?

Comment

It doesnt look like there will be much of a Vermont fan turnout for Friday and Saturday with both Basketball teams playing for NCAA berths on Saturday. If the series goes 3 there might be more. Glad the mens game is at noon and not 8 like the ladies.

The way things seem to be going in HE in the last month I would bet against any team coming off a good weekend and take the odds on the team that struggled.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

UNH should sweep based on what I saw from UVM at Tsongas on Friday and Saturday.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            If these two teams met at the Garden, I'd pick UVM for the upset.

At the Whit, I don't see them being able to slow down NH.

NH sweeps.
                            If either team meets BC at Fenway Park, BC loses.

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                              Unnecessary racial slur? Haven't you ever seen Gran Turino?
                              Can't say that I have. Nor was I aware of racial implications of calling one a "zipperhead"

Will "tool" suffice? I don't want to irritate the fine folks who work for the Stanley company.
                              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                it IS embarassing being around people like that.

Its too bad that happened, usually UNH and its fans are treated with such class up at the Gutt
                                I second that.
                                sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X