HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

I dont know why Lowell fans even give a ****. Both teams (UVM and Lowell) most likely wont go anywhere this year. Neither team will make the national tournament, so lets get our golf equipment together already. The difference is, Lowell fans actually think their team has a shot. Another disappointment in the making

Comment

If I wanted to read posts with fans from two teams who played yesterday and the day before needlessly bashing each other, I'd go to the UNH v. BC thread

I'll settle this silly debate once and for all:

UVM and UML both suck.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        If I wanted to read posts with fans from two teams who played yesterday and the day before needlessly bashing each other, I'd go to the UNH v. BC thread

I'll settle this silly debate once and for all:

UVM and UML both suck.
        yup, pretty much. It's just funny that lowell fans actually think their team is good.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
          yup, pretty much. It's just funny that lowell fans actually think their team is good.
          It's all the crack they have in Lowell. They are all stoned.

Now on to serious hockey talk. UNH has owned UVM period. The one key positive that the coaching staff should be harping on is that they played well two weeks ago and should have had 3 or 4 instead of the one they got. They need to go back to the Whit, play like they did on the Friday night game and hope they get a bit more puck luck.

Madore needs to play big, he did last night fending off a barage of shots. The offense needs to pick it up. Kudos to Irwin who seems to really have picked it up since the dismissal of Milo. Hopefully Wahs is back, and the D needs to stay out of the penalty box.

You UML fans can complain all you want about the penalties but it was UVM that was called for 4X the number of penalties throughout the game. I think they felt bad for the GMC and just let everything slide for UML after that.

I concur with the sentiment that if the Catamounts are going to go down they need to go down fighting. And if UNH could throw us at least one win that would be great, it would help out a great deal in the PWR.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

On paper, UNH should win, and advance to the Garden. While I'm hopeful that they will, the Wildcats don't seem to like to play with a lead. Instead they've been relying upon comebacks, with mixed results. If that is the case this weekend, and Madore is hot, then an upset, or at least Game 3, is indeed possible.

If UNH does get to the Garden, and/or to the NCAAs, I believe their success rests with scoring goals and defending a lead, rather than in the hope of an improbable comeback victory, e.g. vs. NoDak last year, or BU's thriller in the FF Final. And I haven't seen anything to make me believe that they are capable of playing domination hockey -- though I'm happy to be proven wrong, at least in this regard.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

UVM, UML AND UNH all suck.
              UNH just sucks less. And all three suck significantly less than that abomination masquerading as PC hockey.
              Amended.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Amended.
                Dont worry Jon, I'm pretty sure vermont and lowell only bought themselves a week more of inevitable elimination. We'll be joining you on the golf course soon

Comment

Dont worry Jon, I'm pretty sure vermont and lowell only bought themselves a week more of inevitable elimination. We'll be joining you on the golf course soon
                  I'm rooting for UNH and Maine to be joining us instead.

But because every hockey team I root for loses, I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I'm not doubting the Wildcats as a I'm hopeful and confident that they will advance to the Garden.. my simple observation is that in this very tight league they have not dominated a series(on the ice) in quite some time.. Perhaps the last BU game was the best that they've played and that was back in Jan. Lots of great efforts, OT's and come from behinds in there between now and then- but no clear cut dominations.

Despite the overall records between the two teams - and it is pretty lopsided - it don't mean diddly coming into the playoffs.

What I noticed the second UVM game at the whit is that UVM has a bit of a size advantage and used it quite effectively against UNH in the offensive zone. They were able to bang around and muscle out a few pucks as well as find their way to the net because of it. Having said that if they are too aggressive in doing so- UNH has proven time and time again recently that they don't need many chances to put pucks in the net. First and seconds lines continue to play well and tally points and we even saw the 3rd and 4th lines play a big roll in coming back against BC on Friday.

End result -UNH right now has too many guys who score big goals - Butler, Thompson, LeBlanc, Sislo - Kessel etc..
                    the 98 goals scored team beats the 78 goals scored team in HE play wins in 2 games. I expect/hope to see both to be very tight, well played and competitive.

Game 1 3-2 UNH(OT)
                    Game 2 4-3 UNH
                    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

I had to read that title about 8 times before I got it. I just kept wondering what 1971 had to do with anything...
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        I had to read that title about 8 times before I got it. I just kept wondering what 1971 had to do with anything...
                        A UVM fan in the student section a couple years ago -- might have even been the first time UVM and UNH played at the Whit as Hockey East opponents -- had it on a sign. I thought it was clever, so I straight up stole it
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

*****http://www.joshgibney.com/uvmkid.jpg******
                          Will UVM Superfan #1 be showing up again (in a squad car?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
                            I actually liked the way uvm played a few weeks back at the whit because they were able to do what they do best which is control play and generate offense off the cycle and out of the corners. You can really set up a give and go out of the corners here a lot easier with the added width. All we can ask is if our Cat's are going to go down, they go down fighting hard.
                            I was very impressed with how UVM played at the Whit three weekends ago. In addition to cycling well in the offensive zone (as noted above), they effectively "trapped" UNH making it difficult for the Wildcats to get out of their own zone and through the neutral zone. What impressed me most was that UVM played well in spite of the major disruption of losing their second-leading scorer under contentious circumstances.

Despite what a few insufferable fans from Beantown believe, there is a lot of parity in Hockey East this season. I don't think any of the first four seeds in the tournament are a lock to advance to the semifinals. I'm looking forward to more exciting hockey this weekend.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                              *****http://www.joshgibney.com/uvmkid.jpg******
                              Will UVM Superfan #1 be showing up again (in a squad car?)
                              HAHAHA!!! Priceless. What a zipperhead that kid was.
                              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                                HAHAHA!!! Priceless. What a zipperhead that kid was.
                                He was fine until he crashed in to the guy in the pink polo (who wasn't paying any attention to him) and then tried to start a fight with the guy. That is when the cops appeared and he got tossed.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X