D3 Recruiting Time Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Recruiting Time Table

A bit new to the whole D3 hockey game. Sorry for the ingnorance.

But could someone shed some insight onto the D3 recruiting time table.

Is there a date when all players have to be "committed" to a school or is it a rolling date?

Thanks

Re: D3 Recruiting Time Table

Originally posted by WNYHOCKEY66 View Post
    A bit new to the whole D3 hockey game. Sorry for the ingnorance.

But could someone shed some insight onto the D3 recruiting time table.

Is there a date when all players have to be "committed" to a school or is it a rolling date?

Thanks
    Since there are no athletic scholarships (except at Geneseo and Buff State ), I don't think there is a set date for 'committing'. I think a player could choose up until the last day of when school starts of where he wants to go. I can't say this is for certain, but I'm not aware of a specific signing date or anything of that nature.

Anybody else confirm or explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by AGPennypacker View Post
      Since there are no athletic scholarships (except at Geneseo and Buff State ), I don't think there is a set date for 'committing'. I think a player could choose up until the last day of when school starts of where he wants to go. I can't say this is for certain, but I'm not aware of a specific signing date or anything of that nature.

Anybody else confirm or explain it?
      That is correct. Which is why schools are very reluctant to announce who is going to be showing up to play for them in case some other school tries a last ditch recruiting effort to get the kid to change their mind.

However, coaches must follow various recruiting rules in terms of when they are allowed to scout, when they are allowed to talk to recruits, etc.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

DIII recruiting is all over the place. Most of it is dictated by the admissions policies of the respective schools. Many junior players do not commit until late in the summer after they realize that DI offers aren’t coming.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
          DIII recruiting is all over the place. Most of it is dictated by the admissions policies of the respective schools. Many junior players do not commit until late in the summer after they realize that DI offers aren’t coming.
          Good point.

And some go the other way around. There have been cases where players heading to a D3 school change their mind at the last second when a D1 scholarship suddenly opened up and they got it.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

However, coaches must follow various recruiting rules in terms of when they are allowed to scout, when they are allowed to talk to recruits, etc.
            Can you or anyone else elaborate a bit? I'm not too familiar with any of the recruiting limits for coaches.

Comment

Can you or anyone else elaborate a bit? I'm not too familiar with any of the recruiting limits for coaches.
              No.

I have better things to do with my life than read the NCAA compliance rules.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Ask norm1909 he's always finding the minutiae of the NCAA for us
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

One thing you will generally see is a tendency toward reporting names for NESCAC and other small private schools earlier than others. This is because recruits for these schools are more likely to take advantage of their Early Decision systems - while not an athletic mechanism akin to a DI scholarship, they guarantee attendance at a given school upon acceptance, so they're a pretty safe barometer of an athlete's intentions.
                  Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                  A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                  A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                  A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                  Some National Championships:
                  Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                  Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Working...
                  X