Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those who have bought their Frozen Four tickets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who have bought their Frozen Four tickets...

Alright, simply put, I'm a thrifty, ramen-fueled college student trying to circumvent absurd Ticketmaster fees.

My question, which will likely lead to more questions: Is there any known way to circumvent said fees for this event? (Like, for example, If I were to buy the tickets in-person at the Ford Field box office? Or, another example, if I were to call the Ford Field box office, would the aforementioned absurd fees still manifest?)

Appreciation will be plentiful.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Re: Question for those who have bought their Frozen Four tickets...

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Alright, simply put, I'm a thrifty, ramen-fueled college student trying to circumvent absurd Ticketmaster fees.

My question, which will likely lead to more questions: Is there any known way to circumvent said fees for this event? (Like, for example, If I were to buy the tickets in-person at the Ford Field box office? Or, another example, if I were to call the Ford Field box office, would the aforementioned absurd fees still manifest?)

suggestion you can always scalp , even for every NCAA hockey final, but dont by the package , wait for the tickets to be released individualy, and of course there is no guarantee your team will play the following night .

Comment

The ticket forum here on USCHO is a good place to shop as well. People who have purchased and wind up not going will be looking to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        The ticket forum here on USCHO is a good place to shop as well. People who have purchased and wind up not going will be looking to sell.
        This. Got 4 tickets at face value through the ticket forum last year.
        http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I have a hunch that Detroit will be a lot like Buffalo in 2003, where people were selling tickets to all three games (back when they had separate tickets for each semifinal) for less than $20. If you can handle the risks of going to Detroit without tickets, you might find a great bargain.
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

Well, thing is, we're bringing at least four with us, so I think the scalping option is slightly out of the question.

Nonetheless, thanks for turning me on to the ticket forum. Funny, I've been around here for five years and totally forgot that forum even existed.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Agreed about the likely ticket market for Detroit on the days of the games. The great thing is, the money you could save on the tix will help offset the cost of the bullet proof vest you'll need to stand on the street to find a scalper.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I would try calling the venue directly. I did that for the CCHA championsip last year at the Joe and saved $8 a ticket.
                Unleash the fury!

Comment

Nonetheless, thanks for turning me on to the ticket forum. Funny, I've been around here for five years and totally forgot that forum even existed.
                  Strongly recommend the ticket forum. You're likely to get a great deal, and better seats than would otherwise be the case. You'd also be helping a fellow poster.

That said, it's almost certain that there will be game day walk-up tickets available at the box office. While location would suffer, that approach would ensure your entire group could sit together in assigned seats. Further, I would think that the walk-up tickets would be sold without fees. More ramen for all!

Comment

Personally I'm planning on scalping if BC makes it. Demand for tickets has been WAY low, and there are a million seats at this place. We'll get tickets.

EDIT: Wow... It's late. Epic fail.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Personally I'm planning on scalping if BC makes it. Demand for tickets has been WAY low, and there are a million seats at this place. We'll get tickets.

EDIT: Wow... It's late. Epic fail.
                      You might not have trouble getting them through BC even since it's pretty far away.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                      X