Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I realize this is a stupid idea to begin with, but why not have the BU game featured as part of a doubleheader at Conte? That would get butts in the seats to both games.
    Conte? What about all the BU season ticket holders who have the QF games included with the season package? At least they could just get shifted to WBA (presumably) and not have another fanbase in their home rink to deal with. Plus, I assume there'll be a good number of UMass fans there.

edit: mookie's reason is more convincing.
    time to write new history

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Play everyone's quarterfinals at the Garden a la the Super 8!

The Bruins' season is over now anyway now that Savard is hurt.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

UVM up 10... dammit I want WBA hockey!
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I realize this is a stupid idea to begin with, but why not have the BU game featured as part of a doubleheader at Conte? That would get butts in the seats to both games.
          Well, I'd prefer a double header at Agganis! Of course combining the games would never happen, but in truth I don't mind the doubleheader idea.

My guess is attendance at Agganis next weekend will be in the 2,800-3,500 neighborhood. (Which is of course, a weak showing)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Well, I'd prefer a double header at Agganis! Of course combining the games would never happen, but in truth I don't mind the doubleheader idea.

My guess is attendance at Agganis next weekend will be in the 2,800-3,500 neighborhood. (Which is of course, a weak showing)
            The thing is we have to remember that the fans of college sports teams are much more passionate / creative about stuff like this than the people in the athletic departments... Something tells me the appeal of a WBA game would be lost on most of the higher ups.
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

Do we really ****ing need another ****ing reason to ****ing hate the ****ing state of ****ing Vermont?
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                uh, isn't it supposed to be above 45 degrees next weekend?!?!
                Must spread.

I have this weird... I wouldn't call it "respect," but "ability to coexist"... toward (most) BU fans this year. Is this a sign of increased maturity on my part, or of me being a worse BC fan?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Of course, you have to remember the season ticket holders. We paid for these seats and have waited all year for the playoffs. Sorry, but no way they'll move the game. Concessions, gate, all of that stuff is a BIG consideration. Saying that you "think" the attendence will be "weak" is not a justifiable reason to move the game. I'll still bet the game would be played at the Roof. That having been said, it's a moot point. UVM is up by 12 and this game is over. On to other discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    The thing is we have to remember that the fans of college sports teams are much more passionate / creative about stuff like this than the people in the athletic departments... Something tells me the appeal of a WBA game would be lost on most of the higher ups.
                    No doubt... but wouldn't it be pretty cool to have perhaps even just the Friday night game there?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      That having been said, it's a moot point. UVM is up by 12 and this game is over.
                      Yup

Comment

Of course, you have to remember the season ticket holders. We paid for these seats and have waited all year for the playoffs. Sorry, but no way they'll move the game. Concessions, gate, all of that stuff is a BIG consideration. Saying that you "think" the attendence will be "weak" is not a justifiable reason to move the game. I'll still bet the game would be played at the Roof. That having been said, it's a moot point. UVM is up by 12 and this game is over. On to other discussion!
                        Concessions...? Erm... WBA pretzels are legendary, right?

Are there really 3000+ season ticket holders?
                        Last edited by quiddlet; 03-07-2010, 08:10 PM.
                        Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          Concessions...? Erm... WBA pretzels are legendary, right?

Are there really 3000+ season ticket holders?
                          There might be 3000+ season tickets (with most season ticket holders having more than one ticket).

Looking back at friday night game 1's of the QF's attendance was: 3825, 3863, 3977, 2903, and 3214.

Seems like perfect WBA numbers to me!

Comment

I'll still bet the game would be played at the Roof.
                            Interesting attitude.

Comment

It's funny you should say that. Back when I was growing up I would watch NESN Sportsdesk before getting on the bus to school, and I grew up loving the city of Boston. Whenever they should highlights of BC and BU, I would always be so conflicted, because I knew I couldn't just root for a 'good game.' I didn't follow college hockey at the time but I knew enough about sports rivalries to know that that is just not acceptable.

I think I ended up just being happy for whoever won.

I was interested in going to BU for a while though. Then I finally got my BC acceptance letter and financial aid package (which was gumming up the works) and that went out the window.
                              I was the same way. Growing up near Lowell, I always rooted for BC football and basketball because they were the only good programs around (I liked UConn, too, but they weren't exactly close to home).

But for hockey, I liked BU, BC and UNH because they were all good and all pretty close. I liked Lowell, too, because they played 5 minutes down the road (turned 10 minutes when they moved to Tsongas), but they always sucked when I was a kid. Part of me always hoped they'd get an upset when those teams came to town, but I never expected it.

BU fans will be happy to know, though, that I did usually root for BU in head-to-head matchups with BC and UNH. A family on my street was related to the Pandolfos, so our whole street (well, at least those who followed hockey) liked seeing Jay and Mike do well.

I have this weird... I wouldn't call it "respect," but "ability to coexist"... toward (most) BU fans this year. Is this a sign of increased maturity on my part, or of me being a worse BC fan?
                              You're pretty much the worst fan ever. You should just stop going to games.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

And it looks like we have a game again, UNH only down by 8 with 11:46 to go...

EDIT: Make that 6!

Comment

Working...
                                X