Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Off topic but since we are talking about who's leaving. Does anyone close to BU athletics know why Corey Lowe "moved onto the next phase of his life" minutes after BU's first postseason baseketball victory in over 50 years? Sounds crazy.
    I've heard a handful of rumors, but nothing I feel comfortable posting. It's very strange. Coach Chambers seems to be OK with his decision, so it can't be anything too bad. Still, it definitely reflects poorly on both Lowe and BU to have him leave in the middle of a tournament run.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Yeah, I was completely shocked when I heard about this yesterday morning. He had a minor leg injury in the days leading up to the game against Oregon St., recovered and was able to play without a problem. After the game, he decided his professional career in Europe was going to bring him big bucks and he didn't want to risk further injury so he quit the team. Now obviously some guys go pro early rather than play another year in college and risk injury before signing the big contract, but that always happens after the season is over and with guys who are going to be high draft picks in the NBA the next season.

In my opinion, this is a major slap in the face to not only BU and Coach Chambers, but moreso to his fellow seniors. One of the team's captains, Scott Brittain, has had many concussions in his life and got one before the season began and the doctors told him he couldn't play basketball anymore. He was at every practice and on the bench for every single game this year being a great captain and doing everything he can to help the team win. I wonder what he thinks about Corey's decisions.
      The Euro career is one of the rumors I've heard. As far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet, though. I know one of the seniors, and let's just say your assessment of it being a "major slap in the face" isn't too far off.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

i'm too lazy (actually one of my best traits) to get this framed yet. since they've been sending the tickets out as a sheet i've saved them to do just this!!

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/BU08-09seasontix.jpg******

since i have the phone in my "rick's room", here are some other shots

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/ricksroom.jpg******

yup, issues..

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/ricksroom2.jpg******

if i've been to your golf course, chances are i may have a hat or shirt!! (and that is my 1969 topps baseball set ready to be sorted and boxed )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
          I got Mine back from the framer in November and still haven't hung it.
          I have my 1995 poster and tickets framed and still haven't hung that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            The Euro career is one of the rumors I've heard. As far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet, though. I know one of the seniors, and let's just say your assessment of it being a "major slap in the face" isn't too far off.
            I heard it as a "rumor" first, yesterday morning, but had it confirmed a little before game time.

Comment

Fan Rooms! Fun.

I went with the cover of the Globe Sports Section, as I always do when one of my favorite teams wins the title. I have some similar ones from the Red Sox and Pats Championships.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48672797@N03/4458796782
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                I heard it as a "rumor" first, yesterday morning, but had it confirmed a little before game time.
                If that's true about Corey Lowe than that's the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. You have one more chance for a last home game with the guys you battled with for four years and you bail? That's sad.

I'm not too excited about this tournament, but anything that gives Coach Chambers some more experience is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  If that's true about Corey Lowe than that's the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. You have one more chance for a last home game with the guys you battled with for four years and you bail? That's sad.

I'm not too excited about this tournament, but anything that gives Coach Chambers some more experience is a good thing.
                  Its better to still be playing then not playing right. Winning under any scenario helps the program. Is this better then a 30 pt blowout against Syracuse, think about it. Chambers has already surpassed Wolff's sorry last 5+ years, who's main goal seemed to be finding a place for his son to play. Chambers is killing Lowe with kindness trust me. This guy knows exactly what he is doing. When he got Jake O"Brien to stay I knew we had a good guy. Morehead St was 2nd in the Ohio Valley Conf only to Murray St who almost made it to the Sweet 16. Not a bad win with 6 or 7 healthy bodies.

Comment

Its better to still be playing then not playing right. Winning under any scenario helps the program. Is this better then a 30 pt blowout against Syracuse, think about it. Chambers has already surpassed Wolff's sorry last 5+ years, who's main goal seemed to be finding a place for his son to play. Chambers is killing Lowe with kindness trust me. This guy knows exactly what he is doing. When he got Jake O"Brien to stay I knew we had a good guy. Morehead St was 2nd in the Ohio Valley Conf only to Murray St who almost made it to the Sweet 16. Not a bad win with 6 or 7 healthy bodies.
                    This is way off topic but...

I Agree 100%. It's too bad Coach Wolff's son came to BU. IMO the amount of PT Matt got was his downfall. He seemed to alienate his players and that was it for him.

That said Wolff would be perfect for Binghamton. He runs a tight ship and a clean program.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      You win.

I did manage get my signed 8 x 10 prints of these four (1 2 3 4) photos framed and hung recently, though. My rather tiny apartment is very BU-centric.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I have a huge framed photo of that team (I think, never verified it) on the ice with the trophy salvaged from a rubbish pile from my previous BU job. It's in a frame, but the matte around the photo is wrinkled and it doesn't have glass. I should get it reframed one of these days.

edit - here's 2 pictures:

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/BUhockeyphoto015.jpg******

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/BUhockeyphoto016.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                          Fan Rooms! Fun.

I went with the cover of the Globe Sports Section, as I always do when one of my favorite teams wins the title. I have some similar ones from the Red Sox and Pats Championships.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48672797@N03/4458796782
                          I've got something similar, except it's the article from the New York Times with the tickets to the left/right of the article.

Always nice to see it hanging on the wall
                          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            I have a huge framed photo of that team (I think, never verified it) on the ice with the trophy salvaged from a rubbish pile from my previous BU job. It's in a frame, but the matte around the photo is wrinkled and it doesn't have glass. I should get it reframed one of these days.

edit - here's 2 pictures:
                            is that really what Rhett looked like in 1995? hilarious!
                            Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                            when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                            "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                              is that really what Rhett looked like in 1995? hilarious!
                              Yep... I remember thinking the "New Rhett" looked angry when he came out. Now that's the face we are used to!

Its better to still be playing then not playing right. Winning under any scenario helps the program.
                              I suppose, maybe, but to me this tourney is a major "off the radar screen / who cares" type of thing. In truth I had never even heard of it before this year.
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I suppose, maybe, but to me this tourney is a major "off the radar screen / who cares" type of thing. In truth I had never even heard of it before this year.
                                It is tough to get excited about a tournament for teams that weren't good enough for the NIT. And isn't that the case with BU hoops in general? How can you ever get excited about the America East Conference ["We beat UMBC! Can you believe it?!"] I know Wolff tried to get them into the A-10. I hope they keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X