Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

The Avs blog I just logged onto says under the signing of Z Cohen:

"Taking one more step towards making BU an official affiliate of the Avalanche"
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      The Avs blog I just logged onto says under the signing of Z Cohen:

"Taking one more step towards making BU an official affiliate of the Avalanche"
      Boston University Avalanche!

No..... how about the Colorado Terriers!

I like that a whole lot better.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

It would be awesome if Zach and Shattenkirk both made their NHL debuts next year playing alongside Yip.

And I'm pretty sure I'd find it equally as awesome if Colby struggled defensively in the AHL all year too.
        I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
          I play as the Avs on NHL 10 all the time now. I scored 6 goals with Yip in one game against my friend. It was a proud moment for me. Very proud.
          I LOVE that game. Play it for a few hours a week on the 360.

I thought I'd outgrow video game hockey (I'm 36) but I still haven't yet.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
            I play as the Avs on NHL 10 all the time now. I scored 6 goals with Yip in one game against my friend. It was a proud moment for me. Very proud.
            Haha. Sad I have to retire this year's BU team on NHL 10 so soon.

Originally posted by Stories View Post
            Beat you to the punch. Been an Avs fan since 1995
            Ah yes, I've seen you on HF when trolling the Avs board.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Congrats, Zach. Of course, as we all know, he has to perform at an AHL level or he'll be in the ECHL.

If Colby goes, I wish him the best as well. He has his faults, but at the end of the day he is still a Terrier who helped us win it all.

I about had a coronary when someone asked about Warsofsky leaving. He is legitimately a Hobey candidate for next year if you ask me.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                No we played them at Agganis in the 06-07 season. It was a Thanksgiving weekend game IIRC.
                My bad - can't believe I forgot that game. BU played like garbage (sound familiar?), very annoyed when it went to overtime, and then we won the opening face off clean, skated right on goal and scored.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                  Just a friendly reminder that we had a good year last year; this was ready for me last weekend.

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood023.jpg******

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood032.jpg******
                  Who is the terrier kissing the trophy? Can't tell in black and white. I am in the process of having my poster framed as well. Like what you did with the tickets. Wish I saw yours earlier I would have included the tickets also.

Comment

Originally posted by Yupe1228 View Post
                    Who is the terrier kissing the trophy? Can't tell in black and white. I am in the process of having my poster framed as well. Like what you did with the tickets. Wish I saw yours earlier I would have included the tickets also.
                    It's Yip. And I had my 42 tickets (so jealous of all of you who had perfect attendance that year) framed separately from the poster, and they look great sitting directly over my desk as we speak , if you have enough tickets that would make that a viable option.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      It's Yip. And I had my 42 tickets (so jealous of all of you who had perfect attendance that year) framed separately from the poster, and they look great sitting directly over my desk as we speak , if you have enough tickets that would make that a viable option.
                      Had nearly perfect attendance 2008-2009, but it was too cluttered to include all the tickets. I liked the simplicity of just the 2 Frozen Four tix (and the left side ticket add-on). I also wanted to remember my seats (108 Row A Thanks to a super generous BC fan). Haven't hung the poster yet since I need help measuring and lifting. Will take another pic when it's up on the wall.

And, yup- it's Yip kissing the trophy. I've always loved that kind of shot and Yip is one of my favorite recent Terriers.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I about had a coronary when someone asked about Warsofsky leaving. He is legitimately a Hobey candidate for next year if you ask me.
                        I can not remember anyone discussing at the time, but Patrick Roy went after Warsfosky pretty hard last summer. This from USHR: "BU was also in a battle all through the spring and summer to retain star defenseman David Warsofsky, who was pressured relentlessly by Quebec Remparts coach/GM Patrick Roy to go major junior. Warsofsky, even though his Cushing Academy teammate Ryan Bourque was also encouraging him to go north of the border, is back at BU."

The NHL isn't the Q, but Warsofsky strikes me as a loyal BU kid. I don't think he's going unless he is absolutely headed to the NHL. Of course, I thought the same thing last summer about Strait.

Comment

Off topic but since we are talking about who's leaving. Does anyone close to BU athletics know why Corey Lowe "moved onto the next phase of his life" minutes after BU's first postseason baseketball victory in over 50 years? Sounds crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I don't know about that, but definitely my favorite and IMHO, most talented Terrier going into next season.

Sure could use a few forwards who can score. How 'bout at least one that can pass? That would be nice.

BU Hockey: The Glow of Last Year Won't Work Next Year
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              Haven't hung the poster yet since I need help measuring and lifting. Will take another pic when it's up on the wall.
                              I got Mine back from the framer in November and still haven't hung it.
                              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Off topic but since we are talking about who's leaving. Does anyone close to BU athletics know why Corey Lowe "moved onto the next phase of his life" minutes after BU's first postseason baseketball victory in over 50 years? Sounds crazy.
                                Yeah, I was completely shocked when I heard about this yesterday morning. He had a minor leg injury in the days leading up to the game against Oregon St., recovered and was able to play without a problem. After the game, he decided his professional career in Europe was going to bring him big bucks and he didn't want to risk further injury so he quit the team. Now obviously some guys go pro early rather than play another year in college and risk injury before signing the big contract, but that always happens after the season is over and with guys who are going to be high draft picks in the NBA the next season.

In my opinion, this is a major slap in the face to not only BU and Coach Chambers, but moreso to his fellow seniors. One of the team's captains, Scott Brittain, has had many concussions in his life and got one before the season began and the doctors told him he couldn't play basketball anymore. He was at every practice and on the bench for every single game this year being a great captain and doing everything he can to help the team win. I wonder what he thinks about Corey's decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X