Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    so yeah....3rd?

Considering what things looked like at Thanksgiving, I'm pretty **** pleased.
    Definitely, they got a little bit of consistency going in the latter half. Yeah, the losses to PC hurt, but at least there will be no wishing and hoping in the back of the players' minds. Need to win to stay alive from here on out.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      Definitely, they got a little bit of consistency going in the latter half. Yeah, the losses to PC hurt, but at least there will be no wishing and hoping in the back of the players' minds. Need to win to stay alive from here on out.
      The years run together for me...I know we've won the first series as a #8 and lost one to a #8, if I recall. I don't recall a year when a team out of the PWR won the HE title to qualify for the Big Skate but I don't spend much time on the rankings, PWR, KRACH etc.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Sidebar on Gilroy, who went to the hospital last night with what was believed to be a cracked rib.

And a recap.
        Last edited by Federal League; 03-06-2010, 10:07 PM.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

1. Nice to see the effort tonight when it really counted.
          2. Great pass by #12 to set up #9's blast.
          3. Save of the year by #31 with about 8 minutes left in the third.
          4. Kinda odd that even if BU had swept VT last weekend, they'd still be in the third slot. (Obviously, a swing of two games would have helped in the pairwise, though probably not enough to break into the top 15 for a NCAA bid.)
          5. And oh yes . . . thank you Tootie!

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
            Obviously, a swing of two games would have helped in the pairwise, though probably not enough to break into the top 15 for a NCAA bid
            Paging mookie. Paging mookie.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Let's hope for a quality weekend against Merrimack
              Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
              Boston University '06/'08
              Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                Let's hope for a quality weekend against Merrimack
                Any other year, we'd all be laughing about facing merrimack in the hockey east quarterfinals. Not just for the fact that merrimack made it to the quarterfinals but that we should be concerned about playing them. In the three games BU played against them they scored 14 goals against us. We scored 15.

I am a bit concerned as BU tends to overlook merrimack but I think BU will win out. Even though it will likely take three games to do so.

Comment

these arent your recently graduated friends warriors..these guys are legit and will definitely be a strong opponent. that said im happy well be on our own ice against a team that likely wont bring a vocal base of fans since itll be spring break and a ghost town behind the goals
                  time to write new history

Comment

So, end of the regular season -- we had a 1st half record of 4-9-3, and a 2nd half of 12-6-0. It's been a frustrating season on many levels, but that turnaround is something I'm glad about. (That doesn't mean I'm content. I'll happily take a 4-0-0 record in the HE's. )
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      these arent your recently graduated friends warriors..these guys are legit and will definitely be a strong opponent. that said im happy well be on our own ice against a team that likely wont bring a vocal base of fans since itll be spring break and a ghost town behind the goals
                      Yes, the Warriors are a strong team, but they'll be playing in Agganis.

BU's Splits:
                      Home: 9-5-2
                      Away: 5-9-0

Merrimack's Splits
                      Home: 12-3-1
                      Away: 3-13-1

BU is much better at home than away, but Merrimack's splits are .
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
                        Shatty is gone... Colby and Bonino will also go if the opportunity is right for them..... As soon as the season is done expect them to leave school.
                        Colby has wanted to leave from the first day he got here. He doesn't really care about BU. He would have left after his freshman year if he got a contract offer. His focus has been the NHL all along but the Aves have not offered to take him out yet.
                        Last edited by biggd; 03-07-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by biggd View Post
                          Colby has wanted to leave from the first day he got here. He doesn't really care about BU. He would have left after his freshman year if he got a contract offer. His focus has been the NHL all along but the Aves have not offered to take him out yet.
                          while accurate, the tone here is off. "he doesn't really care about BU" means what?!? all (or at least a majority) of these guys at this level on this team are looking at this is a stepping stone to professional hockey. none of them, i hope, have BU hockey as a 'be all, end all' to their life. but when the opportunity comes to move on, they should all jump if it's right for them. sure, we saw Matt and Pete stay - but they had many reasons, finishing things they wanted to accomplish at BU being among them. CCohen has already won a title here, so that's not on any list. i want to believe he cares about his teammates and their overall effort. from my seat i can see him get agitated at the mistakes he makes. i see his excitement at the successes. as long as he is giving what he can to the program while he's here, that's enough.

if warren buffett had called me after my soph yr and offered me a job, i would have left school early too.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                            I am a bit concerned as BU tends to overlook merrimack but I think BU will win out. Even though it will likely take three games to do so.
                            Parker's told us a number of times throughout the second semester that Merrimack is the one team he didn't want to play in the playoffs. If the players overlook the Warriors, it's not because of the coaches.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Parker's told us a number of times throughout the second semester that Merrimack is the one team he didn't want to play in the playoffs. If the players overlook the Warriors, it's not because of the coaches.
                              As much as I feeling like this is entrusting too much faith in the BU players after some of the traps they've fallen for, I don't think they'll have the same low opinion of a team that made the playoffs and was only 2 (!) points behind them.
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

This post says nothing
                                Last edited by quiddlet; 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM.
                                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X