Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    (and if it were a defenseman shocked would not even begin to describe my emotions)
    Honestly, I think at this point it would be almost disrespectful to the team and coaching staff to leave them in that kind of bind. Unless the player that was to leave would be going straight to the NHL. And as good as he is, I don't think that is Warsofsky.

If he is a stand up guy (as described), he stays, Captains the team, and gets his degree rather than bailing on them now.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      Honestly, I think at this point it would be almost disrespectful to the team and coaching staff to leave them in that kind of bind. Unless the player that was to leave would be going straight to the NHL. And as good as he is, I don't think that is Warsofsky.

If he is a stand up guy (as described), he stays, Captains the team, and gets his degree rather than bailing on them now.
      Plus, the Blues have plenty of depth on defense and they just signed Notre Dame's Ian Cole. I doubt Warsofsky would get a shot in the NHL next season. Like everyone else, I'd be shocked if he goes.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Based on what he recently said after the Maine loss it looks like at least he is staying:

http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/...rriers-bow-out

“I’m happy at BU right now,” said Warsofsky, a fourth-round selection of the St. Louis Blues in 2008. “I think the coaches are excited about what’s coming back, so we’ll see how that goes.”

Any official work on C Cohen or Shatt yet? I'd love both those guys back.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Not going to happen. Gone and gone.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post

I have to disagree. It's only March. If the Blues wanted him and he wanted to go, I don't see how anyone could fault him. When you recruit good players, you have to be expect this stuff to happen. Now, if he bolted a week before the opener, that's a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              What do you mean official? Like a newspaper? Newspapers have a correction page, 3hock doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I have to disagree. It's only March. If the Blues wanted him and he wanted to go, I don't see how anyone could fault him. When you recruit good players, you have to be expect this stuff to happen. Now, if he bolted a week before the opener, that's a little different.
                JD's right. *spit* If he's offered a contract, I don't blame him for going. BUT, I think he stays. Let's be thankful he isn't 6 feet tall.

BU Hockey: Size Matters
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

From the Av-BU-lanche Web site:

Avalanche Signs Zach Cohen;
                  Senior Forward Led Boston University In Goals

Tuesday, 03.23.2010 / 11:37 AM / News By Colorado Avalanche The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that the team has signed free-agent forward Zach Cohen to an entry-level contract. Cohen will report to Colorado’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Lake Erie Monsters.

Cohen, 23, just completed his senior season at Boston University (Hockey East), tallying 25 points (15g/10a) in 38 games. He led the Terriers in goals and finished sixth on the team in points. The Schaumburg, Illinois native was second on the squad in both power-play (5) and game-winning goals (3).

“Zach is a player who will add depth to our system as we move into the future,” said Avalanche General Manager Greg Sherman. “We are pleased to have him join our organization.”

The 6-foot-3, 208-pound winger was a member of Boston University’s 2009 NCAA championship team, scoring a goal in the NCAA title game against Miami (Ohio). He finished his collegiate career with 52 points (31g/21a) in 130 career games.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

It's probably time for Avalanche fans to become BU fans and vice versa. Just so far apart.
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      It's probably time for Avalanche fans to become BU fans and vice versa. Just so far apart.
                      I've already decided they are my Western-Conference NHL team. Unless they're playing the Rangers, I tend to root for them.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

I play as the Avs on NHL 10 all the time now. I scored 6 goals with Yip in one game against my friend. It was a proud moment for me. Very proud.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                          Wow, can you imagine only losing 5 games all year and NOT being a # 1 seed. Yikes.
                          '77-'78 Terriers were 27-2-0 going into the NCAAs as #3 seed because they lost the ECAC semifinal to Providence. But all worked out well, with a 5-3 win over BC in the NC game.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaa_78.htm
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            Are you referring to the 7-2 victory in WBA? I think that's the only time I've ever seen two defensemen get hat tricks in the same game. Schaeffer and Whitney.
                            Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            Upon further review you remember it correct. I did at least get the year right, and Niagara was the following home game, and also a blowout, but only one defenseman scored. It was Curry's NCAA debut, in relief, though so that is probably why it stuck in my head.
                            I remember that game very well. I also tell all my friends here at Yale how a real hockey school rolls by citing that game

Beat you to the punch. Been an Avs fan since 1995
                            Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                            Boston University '06/'08
                            Yale University '13

Comment

The Wings have always been my second favorite team after the B's. This BU-Avs connection has not been easy. At least I already had the Bourque Cup to help open the door to the Avs, though.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So is Zach going to graduate first and then head to camp this summer? I've loved the Avs ever since Chris Drury went there out of BU and Ray Bourque went there to win a Stanley Cup a few years later. They definitely are my second favorite team behind the Bruins, although I root for the Rangers whenever they aren't competing with the Bruins for a playoff spot.
                                April 11th 2009
                                October 27th 2004
                                October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Working...
                                X