Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
    Zach Cohen to AVS.... NHL deal

C Cohen and Shat will join him shortly

Gryba soon
    these AVS scouts and BU players...

regardless, really glad to see this
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
      these AVS scouts and BU players...
      It's how the Avs save money. They only need to scout one team. Saves a heck of a lot of travel costs!
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
        It's how the Avs save money. They only need to scout one team. Saves a heck of a lot of travel costs!
        And they can't scout DU . . . 'cause the players won't take a cut in pay! Hey-yohhhhhhh!
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

At the risk of being repetitive, I can't recall watching a player improve every facet of his game the way Zach has. I never met him personally, but I have to think he must have a great attitude and work ethic to have been able get this much out of his game.
          I am absolutely thrilled he will get a chance to play at the next level.
          Great job and good luck Zach.
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            At the risk of being repetitive, I can't recall watching a player improve every facet of his game the way Zach has. I never met him personally, but I have to think he must have a great attitude and work ethic to have been able get this much out of his game.
            I agree. He really took his near miss as a wake-up call. Some players would have been resentful and proven the coaching staff right, but he stepped up every aspect of his game. He definitely deserves this shot.

And who knows? With his size he might get somewhere in the NHL as a checker.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

Are you referring to the 7-2 victory in WBA? I think that's the only time I've ever seen two defensemen get hat tricks in the same game. Schaeffer and Whitney.
              No we played them at Agganis in the 06-07 season. It was a Thanksgiving weekend game IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                You would be incorrect. Lake State only had 3 losses all year which is why they were the top seed (before choking to Clarkson). NMU finished the year 38-5-4.

Wow, can you imagine only losing 5 games all year and NOT being a # 1 seed. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  I just looked, couldn't find dates for Chicago, but last year the tourney was Jan 2 & 3, so it's more like a New Year's tourney. Too bad the golf is a little chilly that time of year, mook. On the other hand, I hear they have decent steaks in those parts . . .
                  Pizza. It's all about the pizza.

And if you're lucky, you can catch almost-Terrier Pat Kane at the United Center.

BU Hockey: Joe Sacco's Cupboard Raid
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    No we played them at Agganis in the 06-07 season. It was a Thanksgiving weekend game IIRC.
                    the double defenseman hat trick was against Niagara in 03-04 IIRC

Also, just thinking about it now, but BU's second goal against Maine was scored with one BU player in the box and a delayed penalty on Maine, and after the goal the Maine player's penalty was not served. Is that the correct? Or should he still be required to serve the penalty since at the time of the goal there was one penalty called on each team?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      That was when the MSU goalie dove out and gloved it in front of him like a 1st baseman right? (edit: maybe not exactly, but it seemed that way) Man, I thought that was goal city.
                      From what I remember, that save was a tad overrated as Boyle didn't/couldn't shoot the puck right when Rooney gave it to him. He hesitated a little which allowed Lerg to slide across and get in position.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                      I said something about him earlier in the year and the number of times I've seen him execute a wrap around to create a scoring chance. I look up now and he has 15 goals...wow. Reminds me of how Kyle Kucharski developed at BC, but Cohen took it a step further. Very hard to knock off the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        the double defenseman hat trick was against Niagara in 03-04 IIRC

Really? I remember it as Yale.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Really? I remember it as Yale.
                          Upon further review you remember it correct. I did at least get the year right, and Niagara was the following home game, and also a blowout, but only one defenseman scored. It was Curry's NCAA debut, in relief, though so that is probably why it stuck in my head.

Comment

Sorry that I'm late to the thread, but any word if David Warsofsky is leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
                              Sorry that I'm late to the thread, but any word if David Warsofsky is leaving?
                              At this point I would be completely shocked if anyone else left (and if it were a defenseman shocked would not even begin to describe my emotions) 5 is too small to be a NHL prospect that needs to be called up ASAP, and grew up with his favorite hockey team, collegiate or professional, being the Terriers, I can't see him bailing now that his name is being tossed around to captain that team.

Following Nick, Kevin, and Colby, I think the next most likely player to leave is actually 35, but not to a step up league, just somewhere for more playing time. I'm not saying that is likely at all, just probably the most likely out of the remaining players

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

BU Hockey: Joe Sacco's Cupboard Raid
                                Yes, I'm quoting myself. No, my palms aren't hairy.

The irony is that Joe left after his Junior year and he shouldn't have.

BU Hockey: Avs East
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X