Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Well screw that when it comes to MN, that's not cool. They opened Agganis for us, but I guess that was a special circumstance?

I'd like to play the top OOC opponents possible.

The worst thing is playing inferior OOC opponents and then it doesn't seem to help you if you win and destroys you if you lose.
    If you go back over the years, you'd be hard-pressed to find many seasons when BU didn't play some elite OOC competition. Wisconsin and Notre Dame should both be pretty/very good next year. If you're expecting to get NoDak, MSU and Michigan at Agganis every year... well then, yeah, you're gonna be disappointed.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Getting Bucky is sweet. I'm just sick of usually losing to RPI or SLU.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        Where's Michigan?
        On the 07-08, 08-09, and 09-10 schedules . And last I checked, Miami was on the schedule last year too
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          On the 07-08, 08-09, and 09-10 schedules . And last I checked, Miami was on the schedule last year too
          Lets just keep playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I haven't been able to confirm any of these, but I'd willing to put money on the following 8 games:

-Ice Breaker in St. Louis (2 games) w/ Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Holy Cross
            -Shillelagh Tournament (2 games) in Hoffman Estates, Ill. w/ Notre Dame and 2 others
            -Beanpot (2 games) -- BC in 1st round, NU/Harvard in 2nd
            -vs. Harvard
            -@ RPI

Since the Ice Breaker is exempt from the 34-game limit, that leaves one more game. I assume it'll be a home game, but I have no idea who against. I also assume BU will play Wisconsin and Holy Cross in the Ice Breaker since they'll probably play Notre Dame in the Shillelagh.
            Do we still owe Yale a return visit? If so I would hope that would not be next year, given that based on what you have there, our only OOC home game is Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Do we still owe Yale a return visit? If so I would hope that would not be next year, given that based on what you have there, our only OOC home game is Harvard.
              Nope, basically we owe ND (which they are reportedly trying to cash in on in 11/12) and RPI, since we were supposedly starting a somewhat regular series up with them again. Everything else appears spoken for.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Nope, basically we owe ND (which they are reportedly trying to cash in on in 11/12) and RPI, since we were supposedly starting a somewhat regular series up with them again. Everything else appears spoken for.
                My guess then is we will get another ECAC team to visit that we will not owe a return trip to... my arbitrary prediction is Princeton.

If we are doing the Ice Breaker... then probably not room for 2 exhibitions? So it would be either a Canadian Team or the U-18? (Let's hope for the Canadian team here).

Comment

(Let's hope for the Canadian team here).
                  Let's not hope for THE Canadian team unless you want to see a bloodbath on the Agganis ice.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Let's not hope for THE Canadian team unless you want to see a bloodbath on the Agganis ice.
                    Haha... OK... I'll further my arbitrary predictions.... the exhibition home game will be against Toronto, and the OOC home game will be Princeton.

If anyone else wants to register their predictions, throw em out there and we'll see who gets it right!

Maybe we pool our money.... winner gets a beer at the home opener.

Comment

Zach Cohen to AVS.... NHL deal

C Cohen and Shat will join him shortly

Gryba soon

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post

Gryba soon
                        Gryba's Sens property right? Well at least until August.

Comment

We also played Michigan and Miami to open the 04-05 season. Ushered in the John Curry era. Probably the most important big losses ever?

Are you referring to the 7-2 victory in WBA? I think that's the only time I've ever seen two defensemen get hat tricks in the same game. Schaeffer and Whitney.

Are you kidding? I would love, LOVE! to see a bloodbath. The score wouldn't matter, it'd be great for the program, and for recruiting. It's actually not as crazy as you'd think - if there is no more NHL in the Olympics.... Though in that case it would be more like a lopsided defeat rather than a bloodbath.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            or the cross bar in 2007 to go up 2-0
                            Boyle had a chance to bury the Spartans on a 2-on-1 to make it 2-0. Later on he was involved in a game changing play on defense.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Boyle had a chance to bury the Spartans on a 2-on-1 to make it 2-0.
                              That was when the MSU goalie dove out and gloved it in front of him like a 1st baseman right? (edit: maybe not exactly, but it seemed that way) Man, I thought that was goal city.
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post

Gryba soon
                                Good for him.
                                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X