Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Ya, they had a chance as it was a 2-1 final, but Wisconsin really dominated that game and was clearly a better team.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Ya, they had a chance as it was a 2-1 final, but Wisconsin really dominated that game and was clearly a better team.
      Watching the last 5-6 minutes, BC definitely looked like they might score a second goal.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        I I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game.
        I don't believe so. That Northern Michigan team only lost 5 games all year and I believe was riding something like a 25 game unbeaten streak to the final.
        Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          Watching the last 5-6 minutes, BC definitely looked like they might score a second goal.
          Hmm I don't recall a ton of chances other than the closing seconds where they actually hit the post...

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
            I don't believe so. That Northern Michigan team only lost 5 games all year and I believe was riding something like a 25 game unbeaten streak to the final.
            I dont remember. BU and NMU were both 2 seeds going in, so my guess is NMU lost more than 5 games.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaa_91.htm

Comment

I dont remember. BU and NMU were both 2 seeds going in, so my guess is NMU lost more than 5 games.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaa_91.htm
              You would be incorrect. Lake State only had 3 losses all year which is why they were the top seed (before choking to Clarkson). NMU finished the year 38-5-4.

Last edited by SPIN CONTROL; 03-22-2010, 03:00 PM.
              Fighting the good fight

Comment

You actually are talking about NMU (from 1991) I saw the 2006 in TBA's post and thought you were talking about MSU beating both BU and BC to win a championship. Nevermind.

About 1991. Yes, NMU was riding a crazy long winning streak heading into that tournament (hadn't lost since Christmas) They were the higher seed. BU lost 11, 12 games that year.

Shawn McEachern's shot it BOTH posts and didn't go in. *sigh*
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Shawn McEachern's shot it BOTH posts and didn't go in. *sigh*
                  If only Amonte had 2-3 more seconds.....
                  Fighting the good fight

Comment

Because I'm bored/a loser, I decided to take a look at how I see HE breaking down next year. Obviously guys leaving early is going to change this, but right now, I see four different levels of teams:

Level 1
                    BC, Maine

Level 2
                    BU, UNH, Merrimack

Level 3
                    NU, UVM

Level 4
                    UMass, UML, PC
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I definitely see it like this:

Tier 1
                      BC
                      Tier 2
                      UNH
                      Tier 3
                      BU, ME, Mack, VT
                      Tier 4
                      UML, UMass, NU
                      Tier 32
                      PC
                      Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

From the Ducks' blog:

Bonino has plenty of incentive to make his NHL debut before the season ends. The two-year deal would play him a prorated $787,500 for the remainder of this season and $630,000 next season if he plays in the NHL.

Bonino would otherswise make $67,500 in the minors.
                        http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/201...41/#more-32841
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that we had a good year last year; this was ready for me last weekend.

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood023.jpg******

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood032.jpg******

Comment

I didn't think BC had any shot of beating the Badgers in that building. They were also the youngest team in the nation that year. The one that sucked was 2007. I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game.
                            that was a road game for bc... the crowd up top going back and forth with their kohl ctr bucky cheers made it perhaps the loudest college hockey game i've ever attended.

I'd like to see UNH win as they are my second favorite HE team..
                            pays mookie 25-to-1!!!!

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                            Eh, it'd be a good story if BC wins, then BU takes it next year, right?
                            what the.....

I definitely see it like this:

Tier 32
                            PC
                            spot on

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Just a friendly reminder that we had a good year last year; this was ready for me last weekend.

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood023.jpg******
                            PLEEEEZE tell me you had that off the floor while on spring break!!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              PLEEEEZE tell me you had that off the floor while on spring break!!!
                              I actually picked it up on my way home for break, so it traveled to Pennsylvania and back and was spared the flood.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                I actually picked it up on my way home for break, so it traveled to Pennsylvania and back and was spared the flood.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X