Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    ----went and found my thoughts after the first exhib. nostramookie
    I expected a let down, but to be honest I didn't expect it to be a let down in this way.

My pleasant surprises:

Ryan Santana
    Ross Gaudet

By the way, did CrisCo accumulate the quietest increase in points in some time? He scored one more point in 9 less games, and if anything he never looked as good as he did last year. I love his hustle and it was always there.

He finished second in points with 31.

Bonino finished with a disappointing 38 (for him), but that shoulder injury definitely had an effect on him.

Who else were people happy with and who were people disappointed by?
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Next year should tell a lot about where BU's program is. If they have a good year, then this year will look like post-championship malaise, like BC last year. If not, then last season starts to look like an aberration, a random magical year where everything went right for the Terriers.

Honestly, I have no idea and wouldn't even begin to predict what BU will look like next year. I do like me that Warsofsky fellow though. He's welcome to be an Eagle anytime.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Any guesses as to what the line up will look like next year? I know it's early but with the likely losses of Bonino, Shatt, and Colby Cohen the roster is looking pretty thin. Warsofsky will be the likely leader but will they be hungry?
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I was very pleased with Chiasson and Nicastro. I thought Courtnall was a total bust. Did he ever get a point? He was highly touted, he's big, and obviously has talent in the family.

This season was a bit of a dissapointment but if they went .500 in 2009 or managed to beat PC they'd probably be in. I know they all count but I think this team was content with last year. Hopefully next year is a different story.

Good luck to UNH, UVM, and BC the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            BU could skate with BC when those two played.
            Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              Bonino finished with a disappointing 38 (for him), but that shoulder injury definitely had an effect on him.
              Bonino's points per game in 2008-09: 1.136
              Bonino's PPG in 2009-10: 1.152

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              I thought Courtnall was a total bust. Did he ever get a point? He was highly touted, he's big, and obviously has talent in the family.
              Courtnall's not a scorer –– he's a big-bodied checking liner who, with more reps, should become a very good 3rd or 4th line checker, and whose ultimate ceiling is probably in the same role with an NHL team.

Kid jumps on the ice and looks to hit everything that skates his way. If he can develop into a good penalty killer and learn to harness his "hit everything that moves" persona a bit, he should have a lot of value to BU down the line, and maybe sooner rather than later.
              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

I was very pleased with Chiasson and Nicastro. I thought Courtnall was a total bust. Did he ever get a point? He was highly touted, he's big, and obviously has talent in the family.

This season was a bit of a disappointment but if they went .500 in 2009 or managed to beat PC they'd probably be in. I know they all count but I think this team was content with last year. Hopefully next year is a different story.

Good luck to UNH, UVM, and BC the rest of the way.
                I liked Chiasson's start to the season but he tapered off.

Courtnall, I don't know what happened. He was huge, strong, and very physical when he played Bernie seemed happy with his play.

Don't know what happened with him.

Comment

Here's a question for the Boston Hockey Blog guys. What's your take on the absence of David Quinn and it's effect on this season's team?
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Ok. But Justin should be able to get a few point here and there though.
                    Where will the goals come from next year?

Comment

He had a large impact, no question. Let's not all overreact to this year's results though. The fact is this team lost a Ton of talent and did OK. Am I happy? No but the program will be fine. What do you guys think hurt more: losing Quinn or Wilson and Strait. If we ha those two this team would have won 25 games. I know all programs deal with his but this is a young team. Jack and co. Are to credit for last year. It wasn't an abberation or a miracle. It was the team he built and coached. Don't forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Here's a question for the Boston Hockey Blog guys. What's your take on the absence of David Quinn and it's effect on this season's team?
                        Tough question. This was my first year on the beat, so I didn't get to observe BU under Quinn any closer than most of the folks here.

From what I understand, Quinn did a lot of work with the defensemen, and considering BU's struggles with defensive responsibility, it's easy to say, "If Quinn was here, that wouldn't happen."

In actuality, there were a lot of things emphasized by this year's staff that were, at best, practiced with a lot of inconsistency (getting bodies to the front of the net is the one that really stands out). When BU played well, they were awesome in these areas (D-zone coverage, getting to the net, good transition D). When they weren't, those were the first things that seemed to go out the window.

My point is, I don't think the problems this year were strategical, and as an assistant, that's where I'd assume Quinn would have the greatest influence. The problem was execution, and the problems executing seemed to fall into this whole, "Championship hangover," category, where BU wasn't hustling, wasn't focused, etc etc.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

He had a large impact, no question. Let's not all overreact to this year's results though. The fact is this team lost a Ton of talent and did OK. Am I happy? No but the program will be fine. What do you guys think hurt more: losing Quinn or Wilson and Strait. If we ha those two this team would have won 25 games. I know all programs deal with his but this is a young team. Jack and co. Are to credit for last year. It wasn't an abberation or a miracle. It was the team he built and coached. Don't forget that.
                          I asked this earlier but no one seems to know, exactly what does Buddy Powers do?

Bavis worked with the forwards before and during Quinn's tenure. You'd assume that Powers worked with the defense. Everyone besides Gryba and Warsofsky seemed to regress on defense this year.

Comment

One more thing. The motivation question of "Jeckyll and Hyde" I think is pretty clear. It seemed this team got up for games against BC, games on big stages (HE semis notwithstanding), and teams that riled them up (MC). So unless the game was at Fenway or agianst a team that hit them in the mouth, they seemed to cruise around. Is that NC hangover? Maybe. How does a coach fix that if they all have that attituted? I have no idea.

Comment

One more thing. The motivation question of "Jekyll and Hyde" I think is pretty clear. It seemed this team got up for games against BC, games on big stages (HE semis notwithstanding), and teams that riled them up (MC). So unless the game was at Fenway or against a team that hit them in the mouth, they seemed to cruise around. Is that NC hangover? Maybe. How does a coach fix that if they all have that attitude? I have no idea.
                              Totally agree. It's hard to blame anyone in particular but this team from all accounts (freep beat, fans, Bernie+Tom) just seemed less focused and found it hard to get up for anyone besides BC.

Comment

Good luck to Nick. It wouldn't surprise me if he became an NHL regular by this time next year.

Now that we've had a bad year, we'll be picked low, have a good season and Parker will get COTY Seems to be a pattern over the last decade. Since they don't take away the trophy for poor years, he's been racking them up.

It is a little scary how little talent at forward is left on this team. Needless to say, we need Trivino, Connolly and Saponari to keep improving.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X