Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    No they didn't. Jeez, reaching much? They were booing BU.

I did want to boo that entire montage since it was LAST YEAR'S and ended with the 2007-2008 season. Nice of them to think enough of the tournament that they recycled a dated presentation.
    I figured this was the case. Not a single Maine fan I've ever encountered would so something so callous and stupid. Its the best fanbase in Hockey East for a reason. They love hockey, they love their team and when the game isn't going on, I'd say 90% of them are just fantastic people to chill with and talk hockey.
    I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
      I figured this was the case. Not a single Maine fan I've ever encountered would so something so callous and stupid. Its the best fanbase in Hockey East for a reason. They love hockey, they love their team and when the game isn't going on, I'd say 90% of them are just fantastic people to chill with and talk hockey.
      Not to mention, Travis is from Maine and they kinda consider him one of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        No they didn't. Jeez, reaching much? They were booing BU.

I did want to boo that entire montage since it was LAST YEAR'S and ended with the 2007-2008 season. Nice of them to think enough of the tournament that they recycled a dated presentation.
        Where were you sitting? I was sitting right by the Maine contingent. They were booing intermittently and then lustily booed when Travis Roy came on the screen. They booed much louder than they had been before that. The depth and participation in the booing radically changed when Roy came on the board.

Sorry, I'm not overreacting.

You can argue they were just booing all things BU. Sure. But they were booing when Roy was on the board, when he was skating, then when they showed him getting his diploma.
        Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Here is last night's BU-Maine recap from Tim Rosenthal and Postgame Video from Biz Jacobs:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6230
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g2sGpapyCM (BU Press Conference)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLX1-xkjMr8 (Maine Press Conference)

Comment

Travis would preferred to be boo'd like all others who wear scarlet and white.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Travis would preferred to be boo'd like all others who wear scarlet and white.
              Alright then.

Now I understand the hatred toward Maine. It's like they're all Habs fans+Philly fans. You guys don't have to boo every fricken thing under the sun!
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
                Bonino leaves today..... Shat is gone soon..... If Colby gets something he is gone...
                Anyone notice 3hock's post..?
                It's BU's Beanpot

Comment

IMO, Colby is the only one who might be back and that's only if the Avs give him no choice. If he had to chose between another year at BU or interning with Quinn at Lake Erie, he'll be in the AHL for certain.

For next season, I think we'll have reasonable scoring and Millan will bounce back. Besides the team's desire/motivation, defense is the biggest concern. Big holes to fill and so far, just Clendening in the recruit class. Nicastro plays a good physical game, but another defense-first blueliner who can dish out the hits is needed.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBUsBeanpot View Post
                    I certainly did BUsBeanpot. I was surprised nobody had acknowldeged it until your post.

I saw Mr. Bonino in the concourse after the game last night with tears and red eyes and wondered if he was realizing it was Nick's last game as a Terrier.

3hock's record on these things is about 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBUsBeanpot View Post
                      Bonino supposed to play with the big club down the stretch.....

This team felt entitled.... from the way the freshmen treated people around campus , to the leadership playing to leave..... they had a good year, out and about in Boston, and it showed on the ice.... I my opinion.

The name on the back of the jersey seemed to be more important then the name on the front.... That is the difference between BU and BC this year, not talent or coaching....

We may have a few guys play in the show from this team, but they did not finish their careers here as they should have...

The fans put themselves behind these guys, with visions of a repeat, all americans, and even talk of another hobey during the pre-season, the guys did not do their part....

We can go back and forth all day on this team, but for the seniors and the early departures this year fell short and it did not have to be that way.

Comment

The constant stream of penalties, the ineptitude on the power play, especially 5 on 3, the defensive indifference; all hallmarks of the 2009-10 BU Terrier Hockey Team. Last night's performance was a snapshot of the season. The result was appropriate.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          BC's freshmen certainly have helped carry the team. Dumoulin and Samuelsson are ok and the others are only adding depth? You must be smoking something funny. Then again, you haven't actually shown that you know what you're talking about since you started posting. Kreider has helped carry this team down the stretch with huge GWG goals against UMass and UML, and large goals vs. UMass and UVM in the playoffs already (not to mention smoking Nicastro for a big one in the Piszpot that ended up being a 1 goal game). Dumoulin has helped carry this defense - to say that he is phenomenal is an understatement considering he is an 18 yo freshman. Samuelsson has been quite good - there's 33% of your much improved defense with him and Dumoulin. Mullane has been very good all year. Steven Whitney has been making things happen all year and has had a great 2nd half. And Parker Milner has some insane numbers for a freshman goalie in net while pushing Muse to bring of almost losing his starting job.

The freshman class is the reason for BC doing what they're doing this year. They're absolutely carrying BC - especially because of what Kreider and Dumoulin are doing right now.
                          Yeah ... you know more about leaving inappropriate and ridiculously immature reps than you do about your own hockey team. Muse is carrying your team. Sneep is carrying your team. Atkinson and Gibbons are carrying your team. Your freshmen are playing well and playing important roles but they aren't your leaders and they aren't your best players on the ice - they aren't carrying your team. You saying Krieder is carrying the team would be like saying Connolly or Z. Cohen carried BU last year. Did Gryba and Warsofsky carry BU last year? What you don't seem to understand is that when you have a good hockey team, everyone is playing well; everyone is filling a vital role. But playing well and filling a vital role, like Mullane or S. Whitney, is much different than carrying a team.

Comment

Had some people asking at various points this year about the BU 5-on-3s, so I sat down this afternoon and scoured over the BU boxscores from this season and calculated the team's 5-on-3 conversion rates. There's a post on the blog in my signature where you can read about just how bad (and oh boy, was it bad) the BU 2-man-up unit was.

The blog entry should be below the live blog for tonight's HE finals, [shamelessplug]which you are obviously all welcome to follow along to tonight starting at 7 p.m.[/shamelessplug]
                            Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
                              Bonino supposed to play with the big club down the stretch.....

This team felt entitled.... from the way the freshmen treated people around campus , to the leadership playing to leave..... they had a good year, out and about in Boston, and it showed on the ice.... I my opinion.

The name on the back of the jersey seemed to be more important then the name on the front.... That is the difference between BU and BC this year, not talent or coaching....

We may have a few guys play in the show from this team, but they did not finish their careers here as they should have...

The fans put themselves behind these guys, with visions of a repeat, all americans, and even talk of another hobey during the pre-season, the guys did not do their part....

We can go back and forth all day on this team, but for the seniors and the early departures this year fell short and it did not have to be that way.
                              3hock,

Your posts have alwys been spot on, and this one is no exception. Team chemistry is a very fragile thing, and this year's was a bit off. It wasn't the talent, though a lot of talent left after last year's NC run. And it's a bit too convenient to always blame the coaching when the final results aren't what we'd like. Successful teams play for the name on the front of the jersey, and the players commit to their teammates unselfishly. Parker has often talked about wanting and needing more "BU guys" on the team. This year's squad was a few short.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                Sneep is carrying your team.
                                This comment proves you don't have a clue about hockey or what you're talking about.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X