Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
    There is no more talent over at BC this year

This team easily could have been a top 6 or 7 team this year.
    Wow, you actually believe this? I don't think many if any would agree. It's pretty simple to me. Like BC in 2002, BU simply lost too much to graduation and departure to make up for.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I've been saying since Nov. that if Shattenkirk and Bonino both leave (I'm not convinced both are), Warsofsky and Pereira will get Cs and Connolly will get an A.
      Bonino leaves today..... Shat is gone soon..... If Colby gets something he is gone...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Wow, you actually believe this? I don't think many if any would agree. It's pretty simple to me. Like BC in 2002, BU simply lost too much to graduation and departure to make up for.
        This.

Also, BC last year in 2009 had tons of losses from their winning 2008 team to be competitive. Next year we'll be fine.
        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
        Boston University '06/'08
        Yale University '13

Comment

It's easy to say that now, but go back to the beginning of the season, and what did you think at that point? I think we all agreed that the top spot in HE may have been a little much, but most thought we would still be a top 10 team. The national ROY in goal, two of the best defensemen in all of college hockey (#3 and #5), two top recruits in Chiasson and Nicastro. The only question was depth at forward. We didn't expect most players regressing, the power play to become a joke, and the team to just not look interested on many nights.

I don't mind losing in the semifinals of the HE tournament to a team that is coming on very strong. My disappointment lies in missing the NCAA tournament one year after winning it all. I am concerned that we will slide back into another 10 year funk of not making the FF. I want to be the UND of the east - perhaps some ups and downs during the season, but at the end of the day, a team that makes the NCAAs and often makes the FF.

35 years is a loooooong time. I'm just saying.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Without knowing it, you have crystalized the concern with coaching of myself and many BU fans. We've had one highly successful season in the last 12, and it took a tremendous amount of talent to get it done. In fact, that team barely got it done. Good coaching should be able to achieve great results without having to be stocked with future NHLers. I am cocnerned that under the current coaching situation, having the most talented team in the country is the only way we can remain among the elites.

Motivation and power play are two specific areas I have concerns with. JP is Mr. BU Hockey and he deserves all th kudos he receives. I just wonder if a Quinn or Sullivan would be able to better connect with this generation. I mean I have trouble connecting with them, and I am 25 years or so younger than Jack!
            Agree 100%, except the last sentence. Age of the coach shouldn't necessarily matter. York seems to do fine connecting and he is a year older than Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
              Next year we'll be fine.
              I'm not willing to go this far yet due to losses and possible impending departures. BU will need a considerable jump from Chiasson, Megan, and Nicastro along with a freshman class impact like BC is getting this year. That's not a certainty.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I want to be the UND of the east - perhaps some ups and downs during the season, but at the end of the day, a team that makes the NCAAs and often makes the FF.
              Sounds a lot like what York has going on

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post

There is no more talent over at BC this year, but they come to play every night from the Beanpot through to March. That was BU's signature under Jack Kelley and then Parker until the end of 1998. Since that melt-down against Mack and UNH they have not been able to finish - except last year and it was only a miracle finish that brought home the prize.
                You are totally dead on about the feeble one JP but way off on the talent comment. BC is way more talented and for that matter Maine/UNH/UML are also more talented. The BU A "talent" is Warso period. They have no skilled forces on the front lines. Bonnino clearly does well as a compliment with more talented guys but not on his own. CC and VS are borderline 2nd liners. Chaisson and Megan we'll see if they progress, there is some promise there. BU's offense was carried by the dmen all year and 2 of them have a very good chance of being gone.

As for Parker, last year was a perfect example of unintended consequences. They dont win last year and there is alot of heat to remove his underachieving ***, with the NC he bought himself another 10 years and us another 10 years of mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  none
                  ..Mookie, look at the bright side.. one really never gambles to win, one gambles.. so they can gamble.. the next day
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post

Not too much discuss about that abominable performance. I'm content just waiting for the dust to settle from impending departures now.
                    Who would have thought that the BU hoops season extended longer then the hockey season. The fact that BU has a home hoops game at Case on March 22nd is surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      Who would have thought that the BU hoops season extended longer then the hockey season. The fact that BU has a home hoops game at Case on March 22nd is surreal.
                      I was thinking about that this morning. The Basketball team made their championship game and the hockey team didn't. Backwards world.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

I'm not willing to go this far yet due to losses and possible impending departures. BU will need a considerable jump from Chiasson, Megan, and Nicastro along with a freshman class impact like BC is getting this year. That's not a certainty.
                        Unfortunately I agree. We needed the upperclassmen to be a lot stronger this year to allow the freshmen and sophomores to come into their own. Instead, the pressure built on the younger guys. I don't expect regression like we saw this year because of the larger roles the underclassmen played this year, but there still will be a lack of output from upperclassmen and too much pressure on the incoming recruits.
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

There will be a tremendous amount of pressure on the incoming class to produce right away, because they'll need to be world-beaters to get us back to the tourney.

Our defensemen for next year:egads + Warsofsky.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Btw, I wish the team came out as angry as I was after the Maine fanbase booed Travis Roy when he was in the BU video montage.

Really Maine? New low!
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                              Btw, I wish the team came out as angry as I was after the Maine fanbase booed Travis Roy when he was in the BU video montage.

Really Maine? New low!
                              Seriously? That's despicable. Surprising, too, because usually I think of the Maine fanbase as one of the classier ones.
                              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post

Really Maine? New low!
                                No they didn't. Jeez, reaching much? They were booing BU.

I did want to boo that entire montage since it was LAST YEAR'S and ended with the 2007-2008 season. Nice of them to think enough of the tournament that they recycled a dated presentation.

Comment

Working...
                                X