PDA

View Full Version : B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

J.D.
03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Ya, they had a chance as it was a 2-1 final, but Wisconsin really dominated that game and was clearly a better team.

Terrierbyassociation
03-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Ya, they had a chance as it was a 2-1 final, but Wisconsin really dominated that game and was clearly a better team.

Watching the last 5-6 minutes, BC definitely looked like they might score a second goal.

SPIN CONTROL
03-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game. :)

I don't believe so. That Northern Michigan team only lost 5 games all year and I believe was riding something like a 25 game unbeaten streak to the final.

J.D.
03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Watching the last 5-6 minutes, BC definitely looked like they might score a second goal.

Hmm I don't recall a ton of chances other than the closing seconds where they actually hit the post...

Slasher7
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't believe so. That Northern Michigan team only lost 5 games all year and I believe was riding something like a 25 game unbeaten streak to the final.

I dont remember. BU and NMU were both 2 seeds going in, so my guess is NMU lost more than 5 games.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaa_91.htm

SPIN CONTROL
03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
I dont remember. BU and NMU were both 2 seeds going in, so my guess is NMU lost more than 5 games.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaa_91.htm

You would be incorrect. Lake State only had 3 losses all year which is why they were the top seed (before choking to Clarkson). NMU finished the year 38-5-4.

:eek:

Bomber
03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
You actually are talking about NMU (from 1991) I saw the 2006 in TBA's post and thought you were talking about MSU beating both BU and BC to win a championship. Nevermind.

About 1991. Yes, NMU was riding a crazy long winning streak heading into that tournament (hadn't lost since Christmas) They were the higher seed. BU lost 11, 12 games that year.

Shawn McEachern's shot it BOTH posts and didn't go in. *sigh*

SPIN CONTROL
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Shawn McEachern's shot it BOTH posts and didn't go in. *sigh*

If only Amonte had 2-3 more seconds.....

Federal League
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Because I'm bored/a loser, I decided to take a look at how I see HE breaking down next year. Obviously guys leaving early is going to change this, but right now, I see four different levels of teams:

Level 1
BC, Maine

Level 2
BU, UNH, Merrimack

Level 3
NU, UVM

Level 4
UMass, UML, PC

Terrierbyassociation
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I definitely see it like this:

Tier 1
BC
Tier 2
UNH
Tier 3
BU, ME, Mack, VT
Tier 4
UML, UMass, NU
Tier 32
PC

Rogie21
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
From the Ducks' blog:

Bonino has plenty of incentive to make his NHL debut before the season ends. The two-year deal would play him a prorated $787,500 for the remainder of this season and $630,000 next season if he plays in the NHL.

Bonino would otherswise make $67,500 in the minors.

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/2010/03/22/bonino-prepares-to-make-jump-to-nhl/32841/#more-32841

bostonewe
03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Just a friendly reminder that we had a good year last year; this was ready for me last weekend. :)

http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood023.jpg

http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood032.jpg

mookie1995
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I didn't think BC had any shot of beating the Badgers in that building. They were also the youngest team in the nation that year. The one that sucked was 2007. I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game. :)

that was a road game for bc... the crowd up top going back and forth with their kohl ctr bucky cheers made it perhaps the loudest college hockey game i've ever attended.

I'd like to see UNH win as they are my second favorite HE team..

pays mookie 25-to-1!!!!

Eh, it'd be a good story if BC wins, then BU takes it next year, right?

:confused: :confused: what the.....

:p

I definitely see it like this:

Tier 32
PC

spot on

Just a friendly reminder that we had a good year last year; this was ready for me last weekend. :)

http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/Breadfoodandflood023.jpg

PLEEEEZE tell me you had that off the floor while on spring break!!!

bostonewe
03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
PLEEEEZE tell me you had that off the floor while on spring break!!!
I actually picked it up on my way home for break, so it traveled to Pennsylvania and back and was spared the flood.

mookie1995
03-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I actually picked it up on my way home for break, so it traveled to Pennsylvania and back and was spared the flood.

;)

sgesualdi
03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Can somebody tell me how Alaska and Yale get at large bids while Maine who has winning records against VT and UNH and beats BU to get to the HE finals goes home? I looked at who Alaska and Yale play and don't see any tougher competition then Hockey East. They need to come up with a better way so teams like Alabama Hunstville and RIT get in while teams in power conferences like HE and WCHA have very good teams stay home because the beat the hell out of each other. VT is a perfect example of a team in 8th place in HE and gets in while the other 5 in between them and BC stay home.

Federal League
03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Can somebody tell me how Alaska and Yale get at large bids while Maine who has winning records against VT and UNH and beats BU to get to the HE finals goes home? I looked at who Alaska and Yale play and don't see any tougher competition then Hockey East. They need to come up with a better way so teams like Alabama Hunstville and RIT get in while teams in power conferences like HE and WCHA have very good teams stay home because the beat the hell out of each other. VT is a perfect example of a team in 8th place in HE and gets in while the other 5 in between them and BC stay home.

Simple math.

BU Fan 84
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM

http://www.uscho.com/FAQs/?data=pwrexplanation

That should answer all your questions.

slurpees
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM

starting the season 1-5, getting swept by union and umass didn't help. they're like UML last year, got hot towards the end, but it was a couple of notches short.

mookie1995
03-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Simple math.