Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    and i thought there were long odds at the roulette table....i admire your faith though
    eh... not so much faith as value. i'm thinking... umo sucked up at HAA, we should beat them. bc - anything can happen. we get in as a 4th seed and get jan brady in the 1st round ... then all of a sudden
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      A question for those who know (I am not one of them): Do we lose 3, 25, and/or 13? I have my thoughts (and questions) on each being ready. You could make a case for each to stay another year.
      it's probably a fairly safe bet that 3 is gone. ive heard hes in position to get his degree this summer, so i have a hard time seeing him back, bonino certainly didn't have a banner year, and his skating needs some work, but who knows. colby would get smoked on defense by every single person in the NHL and probably 90% of the AHL, but his shot is NHL caliber, so probably a lower chance than #3, but again, who knows.
      time to write new history

Comment

- It's been a long time since I've seen BU look so overmatched. The first two periods were embarrassing. I don't know whether to blame BU or be in awe of Maine. 12 shots in the first two periods in a must-win game. The only player who looked like they belonged on the same ice through two was Warsofsky. Nobody else could even complete a friggin pass. I'm not kidding. Maine had so much more jump in their step.

- Everyone knew what the number one key to success was -stay out of the box. FAIL!! 3 penalties in the first period, and it just continued on from there. I was glad to see Parker bench Chiasson for awhile after taking a terrible penalty two minutes into the third period. And I know Gryba is lovable, but I will not miss all the penalties. I mean enough already! When you are losing in a do-or-die game, you need to, you know, be a little more careful to stay out of the box.

- I was glad to see them make it interesting, and everyone will wonder what would have happened if Gaudet had scored on the SH breakaway. But you could see it in Parker's eyes when they wiped the offestting penalty off the board when they gave saponari the goal. He was upset. He knew. He knew that Maine stood a very good chance of getting a PP goal. Which they did. And then we pulled the goalie, except that it didn't seem like anyone in red and white knew we were doing so thaat early. There certainly wasn't the urgency to get into the zone to keep the puck in that you normally see.

- And how about our power play? 5 on 3 for a minute. all we do is pass it around looking for one timers from 4 different angles, with one guy in the slot for screen/rebounds. How about collapsing and working it low? If you are just going to shoot from the point, don't take 30 seconds to do so.

- I'll give Shattenkirk, Connolly and Saponari credit for kicking it up a notch in the third. In fact, #27 deserves kudos for playing extremely well over the last several weeks, given all the heat he takes on these boards. And Colby once again showed why he needs a lot of work in his own zone to get to the next level.

I'm frustrated. I'm concerned. Seeing Parker on TV - he is getting old. Old men yelling is not a good image. If we get all those talented forwards next year, we better get back into top-10 territory.

Sorry for the long vent. Part of my season ending process.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Oh, and give Joe Periera a C for christ's sake. He may not be the most skilled, but that kid hustles 100% of the time he's on the ice and fights after pucks with guys twice his size.
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            it's probably a fairly safe bet that 3 is gone. ive heard hes in position to get his degree this summer, so i have a hard time seeing him back, bonino certainly didn't have a banner year, and his skating needs some work, but who knows. colby would get smoked on defense by every single person in the NHL and probably 90% of the AHL, but his shot is NHL caliber, so probably a lower chance than #3, but again, who knows.
            I'm sure the Avs will ask if they feel they are ready to leave. The Avs defense in the AHL is pretty poor, so they'll probably offer them a contract but leave it up to them to take it or not. Historically, they've left it up to the player to choose when to leave.
            Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
            Boston University '06/'08
            Yale University '13

Comment

You know, I'm disappointed about how this game went, but honestly, after where this team was in the Fall, I feel like we got two weekends of bonus hockey. Because I really felt back then that we would miss the playoffs altogether. Had BU lost to Miami last April and we had this season, it would be soooooo much worse.

It was painful to watch tonight. You could tell in the first two minutes how this game was going to go. I hate when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                You know, I'm disappointed about how this game went, but honestly, after where this team was in the Fall, I feel like we got two weekends of bonus hockey. Because I really felt back then that we would miss the playoffs altogether. Had BU lost to Miami last April and we had this season, it would be soooooo much worse.

It was painful to watch tonight. You could tell in the first two minutes how this game was going to go. I hate when that happens.
                Well said! Most every season ends with that disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach. Thankfully, last year did not. Is this the point in time when one of you veteran posters sets up the "off-season" THREAD
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

There is no way #3 is coming back. Why would he? he's got the credits to graduate, and he is a top d-man at this level (conference awards not withstanding). he is a first round pick. The Avs must be itcvhing to se ehow he does against AHL and NHL caliber competition.

Bonino is an interesting question. There is a lot of talent coming in up front next season, and Nick could pile up the points and have a great senior year. And yet the Ducks or Sharks (I can never remember which one he went from/to) will lose him if he completes the season without signing, right?

Comment

It's funny that you say that. The very first breakout actually worked pretty well, and I said to myself "well that's a better start than they often have". And it all went downhill from there.

I guess the highlight of the season is winning at Fenway, right?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Welcome back BU! We missed ya!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Don't you dare let BC fans see that...
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Welcome back BU! We missed ya!!!!!!
                          Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          Don't you dare let BC fans see that...
                          Noooooo he beat me to it!

Seriously though... nothing to see here, off season thread time.
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Even the pregame stuff involving the fans kind of let you know how the game was going to go. The Maine "student" section stood from the moment their team took the ice for warmups until the end of the first period, cheering and clapping to every song that their band played. They seemed really excited to be there and like this game was HUGE for them (I could see why since they haven't been to the Garden in a while). Their team played like it too. The BU students seemed kinda "meh," almost as if they knew things were looking bleak for them, but at the same time not too distressed because of the excellent season their team had last year. It was almost representative with how both teams came out in the first period, too.
                            Boston College '12
                            1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

On a completely separate note......F/X has a new show coming up called Terriers. Huh. I'm thinking I may have to add this to my list of TV shows.

Comment

This one was tough to watch because this team's problem all season was working for 60 minutes. They kept saying they realized it and would correct it, then never did.
                                They didn't have the talent of last year to make up for taking shifts and periods off.

That being said, looking at how much talent we lost from last year's team, making it to the HE semis is not bad.

There are a ton of good, young players who should blossom next year and with the new recruits we could be poised to climb back to the top of the standings.

So who wears the C and the A's next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X