Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I thought the Shillelagh was @ the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates
    Their website says they also host the Chicago Bliss of the Lingerie Football League. That's either a guarantee of a Sears Centre roadtrip or a sign of the coming apocalypse. I'm not sure.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
      Their website says they also host the Chicago Bliss of the Lingerie Football League. That's either a guarantee of a Sears Centre roadtrip or a sign of the coming apocalypse. I'm not sure.
      my friend, if you have a local team in your neighborhood -- i will be a season ticket holder!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A good win tonight. Sloppy defensively at times, but, aren't we used to that by now. If this was the last home game for the seniors, allow me my .02 by simply saying thank you and congratulations to each. Eric Gryba will be remembered by BU fans for a long time for his style of play. ZCohen should be THE example of how much one player can improve his game over the course of four years. Popko played a solid four year role on this team as a checker and a PK guy. These guys each had plenty to do with the NCAA 2009 banner. It was a pleasure watching each of them.
        That said, please correct me if I am wrong: a win saturday clinches home ice?
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          A good win tonight. Sloppy defensively at times, but, aren't we used to that by now. If this was the last home game for the seniors, allow me my .02 by simply saying thank you and congratulations to each. Eric Gryba will be remembered by BU fans for a long time for his style of play. ZCohen should be THE example of how much one player can improve his game over the course of four years. Popko played a solid four year role on this team as a checker and a PK guy. These guys each had plenty to do with the NCAA 2009 banner. It was a pleasure watching each of them.
          That said, please correct me if I am wrong: a win saturday clinches home ice?
          Only of Vermont beats Lowell as well.

Comment

I think we need UVM to steal a point off Lowell to get home ice.
            Last edited by BUPhD; 03-05-2010, 10:22 PM. Reason: That's what I get for taking the time to check the standings....

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Only of Vermont beats Lowell as well.
              or umass beats umo

Comment

ding. umass beats the blue bears again and we can get home ice even with a lowell win
                time to write new history

Comment

BU clinches home ice with a win and either a Maine loss or UML loss or tie. I'm about to embark on an interesting adventure to figure out every possible scenario. I suck at math, so this should be interesting. Will let y'all know when it's up on the blog. Also, recap, sider and press conference video are all up if anyone hasn't checked them out yet.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    From what I understand there was at least one major non-hockey issue that caused 3 and 13 to both stay this year (different issues for both of them). The issue 3 had with leaving will no longer be a hang up, while 13's still will be, so if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely 3 leaves than 13. 25 who knows, if he's offered a contract I get the feeling he'd leave but he has developed a lot in his 3 years here so I don't see why Colorado would be rushing to speed up his contract clock.

For captains, I agree, even if everyone stays Warsofsky would inherit the A Gryba would graduate.
                    Most of us Avs fans expect at least 1, if not 2 spots to be open for competition next year on the blueline. Shatty will almost certainly be offered a contract, it'll be up to him to decide if he wants to take it or not.

That said, I think he's NHL-ready and could provide a solid two-way game on the the 3rd pairing for the Avs.

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    speed up the contract clock on a guy with a bad attitude and who can't play defense to save his life?
                    The one reason Cohen could go is that the Avs sorely need a big shot from the point on the PP. They don't really have anyone that can bomb it with anywhere near the proficiency that Cohen can, and that's what'll keep him in the NHL if he makes it.
                    Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                    Boston University '06/'08
                    Yale University '13

Comment

Every playoff scenario.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        my friend, if you have a local team in your neighborhood -- i will be a season ticket holder!!
                        I'll keep you informed.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                        A good win tonight . . . allow me my .02 by simply saying thank you and congratulations to each. Eric Gryba will be remembered by BU fans for a long time for his style of play. ZCohen should be THE example of how much one player can improve his game over the course of four years. Popko played a solid four year role on this team as a checker and a PK guy. These guys each had plenty to do with the NCAA 2009 banner. It was a pleasure watching each of them.
                        Hear, hear! Well said.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Attention to those who attend JP's postgame press conferences: Could you ask him to speak louder or place the recorders closer to him, please? It's very difficult to hear his comments.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Attention to those who attend JP's postgame press conferences: Could you ask him to speak louder or place the recorders closer to him, please? It's very difficult to hear his comments.
                            "uh, Jack. would you please speak up? i record this and put it on my blog for innernet yahoos to listen to later. thanks!"

Comment

I thought this was weird:

"Former first-round pick Kevin Shattenkirk, a defenseman who will leave Boston University to turn pro when his junior season is over, tops the list."

from http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14522973 which was linked from the blog.

I mean, we all pretty much agree that Shatty is gone, but it struck me as odd for the article to state it as pure fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                                I thought this was weird:

"Former first-round pick Kevin Shattenkirk, a defenseman who will leave Boston University to turn pro when his junior season is over, tops the list."

from http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14522973 which was linked from the blog.

I mean, we all pretty much agree that Shatty is gone, but it struck me as odd for the article to state it as pure fact.
                                luckily ( ) for Kevin the season should end soon so he'll have a chance to get his feet wet professionally this spring (monsters run RS through the 10th of april). i'd think the timing makes it a safe fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X