Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
    Also, what YankeeFan pointed out seems a bit odd. I do not know how their system works but auctions tend to be back and forth when it comes to bidding.
    Say I make the first bid on the auction and it is $10, but I also say my max is $100, if you come in and bid $50 the auction will automatically change my bid to $50 to tie yours and mine gets the tiebreaker because it was placed first, so the auction will re-list my name at $50. That is why bidders names are placed back to back. This type of auction software is relatively common online.

Edit: No I lied, that is normally what happens, but in this case it appears that if I bid $10 and say my max is $100, and you come in and bid $150. The auction site will list my $10, then my $100, since it technically was a bid of mine, then a $150. So i would be listed back to back times but that $100 would never have been winning the auction.
    Last edited by Agganis; 03-17-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

so IS the wording different that originally presented? i thought it before had "game" in it. not game worn, but a game jersey. now the 'game' has been removed - i think

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Say I make the first bid on the auction and it is $10, but I also say my max is $100, if you come in and bid $50 the auction will automatically change my bid to $50 to tie yours and mine gets the tiebreaker because it was placed first, so the auction will re-list my name at $50. That is why bidders names are placed back to back. This type of auction software is relatively common online.

Edit: No I lied, that is normally what happens, but in this case it appears that if I bid $10 and say my max is $100, and you come in and bid $150. The auction site will list my $10, then my $100, since it technically was a bid of mine, then a $150. So i would be listed back to back times but that $100 would never have been winning the auction.
      no. if you bid first and bid 100, it will have you at 10. then when the next guy comes in at 50, you now have the high bid at 60 (since the bid increase is set at $10).

and edit is no. the list would read
      10 - you
      100 - you
      110 - other guy
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Crafty Mainiacs, they get a mole to auction a phony sweater to distract us from getting physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually ready for Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
          Crafty Mainiacs, they get a mole to auction a phony sweater to distract us from getting physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually ready for Friday!
          heck no, i'm ready! SIX!

(did i mention that BU was 75-1 to win yesterday and that i made an entirely irrational decision with my pocket full of bens

SIX!

Comment

..you can always go visit your $$$
            make a trip out of it..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              ..you can always go collect your $$$
              make a trip out of it..
              great idea, I Will!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                and edit is no. the list would read
                10 - you
                100 - you
                110 - other guy
                look at the last 3 bids:
                feder: 3010
                feder: 3100
                smac: 3110

Exactly the same, just with an obscene 4th digit placed before the smaller numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  look at the last 3 bids:
                  feder: 3010
                  feder: 3100
                  smac: 3110

Exactly the same, just with an obscene 4th digit placed before the smaller numbers.
                  yeah.. you're right.

i guess steve maclaughlin decided to hide the name to protect the innocent.

Comment

Oy, mit the jerseys, and the complaining, and the kvelling! What did I do to deserve this? Didn't I ask to reminisce? Is this the thanks I get?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Yes!!!! I was there for that. Great game!!
                    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Me too. Good times.
                    Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    Me three. One of the oddest endings to a football game I've ever seen...not quite Cal-Stanford but still nutty.
                    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Video of the '93 playoff games vs. N.Iowa at Nickerson and at Idaho is here.
                    Part Four has "The Drive" and the overtime craziness.
                    Prior to that evening in DC last Spring, this was the best comeback I ever saw by a Terrier team.
                    Well, that's more like it. Never mind!

48 hours to hockey, baby!
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Max Nicastro was selected to the Hockey East All Rookie team. Congrats to him!
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

SIX!

Comment

SIX!

six

Comment

Wade Megan

Pay no attention to this post, I'm just playing games with myself

Comment

Errr, playing games with yourself while thinking about Megan? Shouldn't you keep that info to yourself?

Somehow didn't finish uploading/making public/adding to recap the Sunday game images. Taken care of now - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/03/14/mc-bu.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

uh no... Six plus six plus six is 18 which is megans number. but nice try.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X