Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    It's deceiving bidders without outright lying. I assume who ever drops 3 large on a jersey has $$$$ and is a donor. Good job making them think it's #3's game worn jersey, when it is faaaaaar from that. Hopefully for BU's sake they are not too angry at the school, or at least don't display their anger in $.
    this. it doesnt matter what we think here, but the school better ****ing hope the winner isnt as observant as you guys

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

http://fishorcutbait.typepad.com/pho...9637dikh_w.jpg

GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

BWAH!!!

Comment

Scam was a harsh term
          I don't think so. Not at all.

This whole thing is just bogus.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            this. it doesnt matter what we think here, but the school better ****ing hope the winner isnt as observant as you guys
            Oof.

Do I understand this correctly?:
            BU just slapped together a (poor) facsimile of the jersey worn for the Fenway game and represented it as "a one-of-a-kind item designed specifically for student-athletes participating in the outdoor Frozen Fenway game..." And some unsuspecting, not-so-smart-shopper is about to drop $3K for it? Yikes!

I don't really see how this jersey has much more value than the run-of-the-mill Bauer replicas sold at the bookstore. And at $90 or whatever, those things aren't exactly a bargain.
            Go BU!

Comment

Pretty much.
              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                I don't really see how this jersey has much more value than the run-of-the-mill Bauer replicas sold at the bookstore. And at $90 or whatever, those things aren't exactly a bargain.
                Well, to be fair, these won't be replicated further. It is an authentic BU jersey, but could only really be called a replica of what it's being shown as. I think it is a little bit deceitful, but it will certainly be something unique; only the players have anything more authentic.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  it will certainly be something unique; only the players have anything more authentic.
                  If it was advertised as such that would be one thing, and still probably generate BU some nice cash. But, that's not what happened.

Comment

An authentic jersey designed specifically for the outdoor Frozen Fenway game, which BU won over BC, 3-2. This one-of-a-kind item was made for the student-athletes participating in the game and will not be sold in stores.

---has the wording changed?? .
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The real thing:

******* width="400" height="520">****** name="movie" value="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="FlashVars" value="i=I00008iaaKiyp4H8&b=1">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I00008iaaKiyp4H8&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="520">

Link to the auction - http://goterriers.cstvauctions.com/a...ctionnbr=19122

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Once upon a time, I actually bought a customized "authentic" BU jersey from the manufacturer because it was end of season overstock (e.g., a replacement in case of irreparable destruction) for about $300 as a gift for a friend being deployed to Iraq. It came complete with the fighting strap and everything and had a personalized name and number.

Would it have been so hard for BU to have ordered one or two extra from the manufacturer and auctioned those?

I always feel that BU tried to nickel and dime me while I was there and now find that they are always begging for cash. Its disgusting, particularly from a University that just upped its tuition to make cost of 1 year north of $51K and simultaneously owns a large percentage of Boston, on which they do not pay property taxes.

Comment

is it just a glitch, or does it actually show in the bid history that people are actually bidding more than one time in a row, essentially making the price higher for themselves after their bid before they can be outbid by someone else.

all it does is list "federfamily" twice in a row numerous times, and sometimes "smac" twice in a row.

this whole thing is pretty hilarious
                          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Me too. Good times.

BU: Reminiscing
                            Me three.

One of the oddest endings to a football game I've ever seen...not quite Cal-Stanford but still nutty.

Shame Warren Buffet didn't go to BU, then we'd have a football team. You know how the sheiks buy english soccer teams etc? We should get one to buy the BU football team...fund it and will name the stadium, the field, the locker room after you! I doubt George Costanza, Marisa Tomei and Howard Stern could fund a football team.

As for the jersey, I've been up to my ears at work and haven't checked recently, interesting situation. I would have considered spending money on something that truly was 1 of 25 in the world.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

EDIT: Scam was a harsh term, it's just this whole situation is frustrating. It's deceiving bidders without outright lying. I assume who ever drops 3 large on a jersey has $$$$ and is a donor. Good job making them think it's #3's game worn jersey, when it is faaaaaar from that. Hopefully for BU's sake they are not too angry at the school, or at least don't display their anger in $.
                              I think scam is the right term. The auction has been changed and now shows a jersey that is not an actual Frozen Fenway jersey. The wording is done in a way to deceive and hype the product to something it is not. (and which has also possibly been changed)

Also, what YankeeFan pointed out seems a bit odd. I do not know how their system works but auctions tend to be back and forth when it comes to bidding.

Comment

Video of the '93 playoff games vs. N.Iowa at Nickerson and at Idaho is here.
                                Part Four has "The Drive" and the overtime craziness.

Prior to that evening in DC last Spring, this was the best comeback I ever saw by a Terrier team.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X