Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
    I find it amazing that UNH continues to choke year after year in the playoffs with good teams. with the regular season records they've had, only 2 HE titles and zero national championships is pretty disappointing.

I'm glad to be a BU fan
    Funny you would metion that...I was just over on the UNH thread and they are in a FRENZY. The "fire Umile" cries have been renewed. But let's look at this objectively. Coaching and the system are undoubetdly essential components of a successful formula, but the most critical ingredient has to be recruiting. A coach can't play...the reality is that if you look at all of the champions in the past few years, they have had extraordinary talent. So as much as some want to criticize Umile (and even Parker, for that matter), did we forget that we have THREE players from last year's team in the NHL and another who has been up to the big show? The REAL reason we should be glad to be BU fans is that at least we can still get players to come here. Schools like UNH and Maine (now that they can't pay them to go there) are in real trouble. Now that there is more American talent and recruiting has moved away from the small-town Canandian kid who is just happy to come to the states and go to college, you can't get players to go to those schools out in the sticks. They all want the same amenities that schools like BU have to offer - the perks of the city, nightlife, modern facilities (read: "money"), beautiful new dorms. I just wonder about the ecomony and how long parents can continue to afford youth hockey programs. That may be the part of the equation that wans't mentioned when Jack was talking about the "decline" of local talent.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I could have sworn it was head. My head hurt just looking at that play. But who knows. With the way hits were handed out last night, it could have been either, or both.

And I think that you should edit your story to change the start time of Friday's game to "8-ish p.m." Or maybe "any time after 8pm". Because even if the BC-Vermont game doesn't go into OT (which would be a surprise because I thought it was a HE rule that when BU plays the nightcap the opening game must go into OT), our game won't start at 8pm.
      The Beanpot and HE tourney have always been optimistic in regards to start time. Maybe if the 5 PM game always started at 5 on the dot (and not 5:15), it might start on time.

You still have to have 40 minutes for the warmups and zamboni-ing.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

And I think that you should edit your story to change the start time of Friday's game to "8-ish p.m." Or maybe "any time after 8pm". Because even if the BC-Vermont game doesn't go into OT (which would be a surprise because I thought it was a HE rule that when BU plays the nightcap the opening game must go into OT), our game won't start at 8pm.
        That's true. I actually mentioned to BU Hammer at the Beanpot how dumb it is that they even list the second game at 8. Same goes for the semis. I think they just wanna trick people into thinking they'll be out of there by 10:30.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          A coach can't play...
          Why not? #97 seemed to do both pretty well last year

Comment

I was reading the Globe's story on last night's game and saw this comment, which surprised me:

Although the Warriors were right in that they had the tools to beat BU, which they proved Saturday night to even the series, last night’s deciding contest was pretty well commanded by the Terriers, who earned a 3-0 victory in front of 3,433 at Agganis Arena. BU (18-16-3) heads to TD Garden for a league-record ninth straight trip to the Hockey East semifinals Friday against Maine.
            Really?? Nine years in a row?? That's impressive!!!! Not sure why I didn't realize that.

Comment

I was reading the Globe's story on last night's game and saw this comment, which surprised me:

Really?? Nine years in a row?? That's impressive!!!! Not sure why I didn't realize that.
              Glad to see you read my story. Here was my first sentence:
              The Boston University men’s hockey team will be heading to the TD Garden for the Hockey East semifinals for a record ninth straight season.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So the last time we didn't make it was that double ot loss to Providence in 2000-2001?
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Not sure this has been mentioned.... not sure why it really would be mentioned....

But we slipped in at 20 in the USCHO poll, maybe we can hang a banner about it!
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Glad to see you read my story.
                    Yeah, and we blew off your big b-day, too. Thtpphtphthtpht!!!!

I like the mojo we got last week after a good couple of days of reminiscing. We should do it again . . . again . . . again . . .

Hey, remember that football game where we beat Kurt Warner in the playoffs?
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                      Not sure this has been mentioned.... not sure why it really would be mentioned....

But we slipped in at 20 in the USCHO poll, maybe we can hang a banner about it!
                      I wish they'd stop this, these national rankings get the team too high on itself!
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by terriers09 View Post
                        Also, can anyone tell me what section they're putting the BU students in?
                        HAA is selling students tickets in 330, so it appears the BU designated section is on the same side of the rink as last year, but opposite side of the red line, if anyone cares.

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                        I like the mojo we got last week after a good couple of days of reminiscing. We should do it again . . . again . . . again . . .
                        Are you reminiscing about reminiscing?

Edit: also the HE exodus to the pro's has begun:

UMass has lost Wellman to a max rookie contract
                        NU is reportedly about to lose Newton as he is finalizing a deal with Bonino's squad. So much for not signing players because of their AHL issues...
                        Last edited by Agganis; 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          Hey, remember that football game where we beat Kurt Warner in the playoffs?
                          Yes!!!! I was there for that. Great game!!!

Comment

Yes!!!! I was there for that. Great game!!!
                            Me too. Good times.

BU: Reminiscing
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info Agganis.

Comment

Over $3large?!?!?!?!?!?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X