Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    To everyone else: Stop looking at Pairwise indicators! Must. Win. Friday.
    Listen to Bomber. He is a wise man. Let's all focus on the fact that we made it to the Garden. Did anyone think this was possible back in December? After that RPI game?

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

BU Hockey: Focus on Friday?

Also, can anyone tell me what section they're putting the BU students in?

Comment

Nice to see the leaders step up last night (or in my case, sort of see).

Anybody else try the B2? Terrible compared to All-Access. Not sure if it takes more bandwidth than I have (I have fiber optic), but it froze every 10 to 15 seconds, so I probably saw about a third of the actual video footage. Needless to say, very frustrating. I sent an email asking for a refund. We'll see what happens.

We couldn't have asked for things to go any better last night. Maine wil be tough, but a lot less scary than BC, and if we can somehow get past da Bears, well, anything can happen in a one-game situation.

Does it still look like Nicastro will be back Friday?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          What I took from the video of Parker's press conference was he says the medical staff says he will be fine by the weekend, but by looking at the wound himself Parker is shocked by that prognosis.

Comment

Parker said he didn't see how he'd be able to go looking at his forearm, but he said the doctors told him it would be healed enough by then. If you go to the 8:10 mark of the Parker postgame video, you can see his rather in-depth description of what Nicastro's arm looks like.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by terriers09 View Post
              BU Hockey: Focus on Friday?

Also, can anyone tell me what section they're putting the BU students in?
              Yep, focus on Friday, cause otherwise there won't be a Saturday.

Last year it was 302. I expect BU will send out an email this afternoon, or tomorrow morning at the latest, with ticket info.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                What I took from the video of Parker's press conference was he says the medical staff says he will be fine by the weekend, but by looking at the wound himself Parker is shocked by that prognosis.
                Fortunaetly, he's not a doctor.
                time to write new history

Comment

FL - was there any mention of Chiasson? Looked like he had his head rammed into the dasher as a follow up to a clean check by some Merrimack player. He looked woozy as he headed back to the bench and I don't think he played for most of the rest of the period. Obviously he came back at the end of the game to get involved in those fisticuffs, but I was worried he was dizzy or woozy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    I feel like we all forget... and even forgot last year when we were playing them on April 11th.. that for a time last year Miami was ranked No. 1 in the Nation. If we advance to the tournament because of an auto bid out of the HE championship game we won't be like Miami at all, just sayin'.
                    Well, we were ranked #2 at one point.

I feel like we have a ton of young players like Miami did, but you're right that it would be more surprising for us to get there than it was for Miami. Everyone saw their "upset" of Denver coming it seemed, and from there they had a better team than their opponents until playing BU.

Still, that shouldn't be on the radar whatsoever. We're not in the tournament at all yet. Every game from now on is the biggest game of the year.

Anybody else try the B2? Terrible compared to All-Access. Not sure if it takes more bandwidth than I have (I have fiber optic), but it froze every 10 to 15 seconds, so I probably saw about a third of the actual video footage. Needless to say, very frustrating. I sent an email asking for a refund. We'll see what happens.
                    I've used B2 a few times now, I always have to reconnect at least 5 times before it's over, never had a situation as bad as you describe though. I've heard they're pretty reasonable, you should get a refund.
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      FL - was there any mention of Chiasson? Looked like he had his head rammed into the dasher as a follow up to a clean check by some Merrimack player. He looked woozy as he headed back to the bench and I don't think he played for most of the rest of the period. Obviously he came back at the end of the game to get involved in those fisticuffs, but I was worried he was dizzy or woozy or something.
                      Was it his head? I didn't see the hit, but it looked to me like he was limping, so I just assumed it was something with his leg. Either way, I brought up the fact that Chiasson went down the tunnel in the press conference and Parker didn't really say anything about it (I didn't ask about Chiasson specifically, though, just that guys battled through injuries). I assume the fact that he returned means whatever it was wasn't too serious.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I just hope the team can recuperate for this friday. Based on the DFP article 5 terriers were injured in some way or at least injured enough that it required some looking at by the trainers during the games. Aside from that, the team just needs to have the right mindset. They can not afford another game like the 2nd game against Merrimack. There is no more room for mistakes and lazy play.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                          I just hope the team can recuperate for this friday. Based on the DFP article 5 terriers were injured in some way or at least injured enough that it required some looking at by the trainers during the games. Aside from that, the team just needs to have the right mindset. They can not afford another game like the 2nd game against Merrimack. There is no more room for mistakes and lazy play.
                          Hey, that quarterback there, it's that guy's job to throw the ball to his receivers.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                            There is no more room for mistakes and lazy play.
                            I think they probably realize that. Hopefully they take Saturday as a wake-up call, the way they seemed to last year in the same game against Maine.
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              I think they probably realize that. Hopefully they take Saturday as a wake-up call, the way they seemed to last year in the same game against Maine.
                              I would hope so but there have been many times this season where we thought they would probably realize that they need to step up their game. They did not for a good portion of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Was it his head? I didn't see the hit, but it looked to me like he was limping, so I just assumed it was something with his leg. Either way, I brought up the fact that Chiasson went down the tunnel in the press conference and Parker didn't really say anything about it (I didn't ask about Chiasson specifically, though, just that guys battled through injuries). I assume the fact that he returned means whatever it was wasn't too serious.
                                I could have sworn it was head. My head hurt just looking at that play. But who knows. With the way hits were handed out last night, it could have been either, or both.

And I think that you should edit your story to change the start time of Friday's game to "8-ish p.m." Or maybe "any time after 8pm". Because even if the BC-Vermont game doesn't go into OT (which would be a surprise because I thought it was a HE rule that when BU plays the nightcap the opening game must go into OT), our game won't start at 8pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X