Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    That's what the Hockey East website says...but I don't know if that is "official."
    USCHO, HE, and Freep are all calling 8. It's a pretty safe bet at this point

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Two of your videos got taken down - Parker's and the players' comments?
      Players look to be working, not sure about Parker. Working on it now.

Edit: Looks like the video is just taking a while to load on YouTube. When you load a video, it loads to the website pretty quickly, but can take some time to process so it can be played back. Parker's press conference was like 10 minutes -- a lot longer than usual. That's probably why it's taking so long.
      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        well....

looks like if the boys want to achieve a 4g winning streak this year it was have to come by beating either miami, denver, or wisconsin
        i would welcome that challenge, not only considering what it implies about the 3rd game on that streak, but also because on any given night, this team can play with anybody. wouldn't we love to be this year's Miami? (of course withstanding a certain 'windup-shot-deflected-score' moment)
        lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
          Players look to be working, not sure about Parker. Working on it now.

Edit: Looks like the video is just taking a while to load on YouTube. When you load a video, it loads to the website pretty quickly, but can take some time to process so it can be played back. Parker's press conference was like 10 minutes -- a lot longer than usual. That's probably why it's taking so long.
          They are working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
            wouldn't we love to be this year's Miami?
            I feel like we all forget... and even forgot last year when we were playing them on April 11th.. that for a time last year Miami was ranked No. 1 in the Nation. If we advance to the tournament because of an auto bid out of the HE championship game we won't be like Miami at all, just sayin'.
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              I feel like we all forget... and even forgot last year when we were playing them on April 11th.. that for a time last year Miami was ranked No. 1 in the Nation. If we advance to the tournament because of an auto bid out of the HE championship game we won't be like Miami at all, just sayin'.
              I'd think we'd be more like Bemidji.

But we shouldn't even be thinking about this stuff. Focus on Maine.

One thing I meant to mention earlier - I thought Bonino was immense tonight. He was everywhere and was on top of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                just sayin'.
                i'm just sayin' to come in as a 4 seed and run to the title game is nothing impossible.
                lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I don't think a HEA RS title champion has ever missed the NCAAs?
                  that's what a 2-7-1 (0-4-1 against TUC) out of conference record will do to you... they go .500 and they are a lock
                  Last edited by gscott13; 03-15-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    I don't think a HEA RS title champion has ever missed the NCAAs?
                    I find it amazing that UNH continues to choke year after year in the playoffs with good teams. with the regular season records they've had, only 2 HE titles and zero national championships is pretty disappointing.

I'm glad to be a BU fan
                    Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Playing with the Pairwise predictor, I've come across scenarios where BU could make it to the title game and lose, and still wind up 11t/12. Which might not get them in, but it would be awfully close.

Of course they have to win Friday first.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                        Playing with the Pairwise predictor, I've come across scenarios where BU could make it to the title game and lose, and still wind up 11t/12. Which might not get them in, but it would be awfully close.

Of course they have to win Friday first.
                        Do tell. I was playing around with it a bit too, couldn't get them higher than 14, but then again i'm not expert in it. What is the scneario where the get to 11t/12?

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                          Do tell. I was playing around with it a bit too, couldn't get them higher than 14, but then again i'm not expert in it. What is the scneario where the get to 11t/12?
                          Yeah, I'm also interested in this. I haven't been able to get BU that high, and neither has Jayson Moy. He mentioned in his blog that he thought BU had to win the title to get in.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

It was on the CHN one. Let me see if I can do it again.

****. I can't remember how I did it, and now I'm not getting them above 15. But there was one situation where the lost to Vermont and were 12 and one where they lost to BC and were 11t.

I just did it this morning, why can't I remember the situation?

Photography

Comment

Per Twitter:

"chnews

a glitch in our DB caused a couple of Saturday's scores to be reversed, creating weirdness in our Pairwise. Fixed now. Please re-look"

I think I found the mystery solution to why I could do it earlier and not now. So looks like it is still a must-win-all scenario.

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I'd think we'd be more like Bemidji.

But we shouldn't even be thinking about this stuff. Focus on Maine.

One thing I meant to mention earlier - I thought Bonino was immense tonight. He was everywhere and was on top of his game.
                                Good, 'cause he was out to lunch on Saturday night.

To everyone else: Stop looking at Pairwise indicators! Must. Win. Friday.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                We're going to have to step it up, because Maine is going to bring THOUSANDS of fans. I go on this rant every year, but it's embarrassing. We are two miles from the place and we get outnumbered by a school that is six hours away...
                                I'm okay with this. Maine is supported by an ENTIRE STATE. BU is just alums and students. More than half of which have a life.

BU Hockey: Win Two to Enter a Bracket
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X