Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

BU/Maine will be the 8 p.m. game Friday -- confirmed by the team.
    Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
      BU/Maine will be the 8 p.m. game Friday -- confirmed by the team.
      any reason? (of course not, but i hafta ask)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, I know I'm really pleased with that effort out of the boys tonight. Bonino had a few plays, including the goal, that made me pretty sure he's ready for the big leagues. If all it take for this team to work that hard is being down to their final game, we're in good shape
        BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          any reason? (of course not, but i hafta ask)
          Not that we were given, but I'd assume somebody in an ivory tower somewhere crunched some imaginary numbers and decided BU-Maine would get the higher TV draw.

Honestly have no idea who would draw better, but I'd guess maybe the longer trip from Maine to Boston than Vermont to Boston could have something to do with it.
          Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            15 now after und and umd win.
            I don't think a HEA RS title champion has ever missed the NCAAs?

Comment

I think that TV would have veto power, and since there's no real need to veto, the highest seed would be allowed to decide.
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                I don't think a HEA RS title champion has ever missed the NCAAs?
                What happened to the Colorado College rule? (RS Champs get auto bids)
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  What happened to the Colorado College rule? (RS Champs get auto bids)
                  Doesn't exist anymore. Not sure when it was overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                    I think that TV would have veto power, and since there's no real need to veto, the highest seed would be allowed to decide.
                    This.

Now let's hope that the first semi final game actually ends in regulation. That's been in an issue in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                      Not that we were given, but I'd assume somebody in an ivory tower somewhere crunched some imaginary numbers and decided BU-Maine would get the higher TV draw.

Honestly have no idea who would draw better, but I'd guess maybe the longer trip from Maine to Boston than Vermont to Boston could have something to do with it.
                      Two of your videos got taken down - Parker's and the players' comments?

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                        The highest remaining seed has the choice of time and always takes the early game
                        BC/VT should be at 5
                        My memory may be foggy, but I thought just last year BU had the later game Friday night, not that they wanted it, but that it was regarded as the better draw by the Garden and HE. I suppose the same thing could be said about BU-Maine this time, so it may be 8 pm either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          This.

Now let's hope that the first semi final game actually ends in regulation. That's been in an issue in previous years.
                          True, especially when we lost to Vermont (2008)...most of the crowd had gone home and the rest were worn out, and there was no energy in the building - which is easy because it's not real loud there anyway - at least compared to the old ("real") Garden. In fact, I was sort of disappointed in the small crowd tonight. We're going to have to step it up, because Maine is going to bring THOUSANDS of fans. I go on this rant every year, but it's embarrassing. We are two miles from the place and we get outnumbered by a school that is six hours away...

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                            My memory may be foggy, but I thought just last year BU had the later game Friday night, not that they wanted it, but that it was regarded as the better draw by the Garden and HE. I suppose the same thing could be said about BU-Maine this time, so it may be 8 pm either way.
                            Yes last year BU had the later game... which went against the theory that the highest seed got to pick and always picked the early game.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            True, especially when we lost to Vermont (2008)...most of the crowd had gone home and the rest were worn out, and there was no energy in the building - which is easy because it's not real loud there anyway - at least compared to the old ("real") Garden. In fact, I was sort of disappointed in the small crowd tonight. We're going to have to step it up, because Maine is going to bring THOUSANDS of fans. I go on this rant every year, but it's embarrassing. We are two miles from the place and we get outnumbered by a school that is six hours away...
                            Most of the crowd had gone home, the energy leval was zero, you couldn't even buy a beer by gametime... heck I don't even think you could buy a hot dog or popcorn by the time the game started.

Is the 8PM game confirmed? I mean like "double secret" confirmed?

Comment

well....

looks like if the boys want to achieve a 4g winning streak this year it was have to come by beating either miami, denver, or wisconsin
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Yes last year BU had the later game... which went against the theory that the highest seed got to pick and always picked the early game.

Most of the crowd had gone home, the energy leval was zero, you couldn't even buy a beer by gametime... heck I don't even think you could buy a hot dog or popcorn by the time the game started.

Is the 8PM game confirmed? I mean like "double secret" confirmed?
                                That's what the Hockey East website says...but I don't know if that is "official."

Upcoming Schedule
                                Day Date Visting Team Home Team Time
                                Fri 03/19/10 Vermont vs Boston College 5:00 p.m.
                                Fri 03/19/10 Maine vs Boston University 8:00 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X