Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

BU also had the best record in HE in the second half, including wins against every team but Vermont and UNH.

Seems like there's a big swing every other night from "BU's as good as anybody in HE," to "Well, might as well call it a year, boys." In the end, it's just an inconsistent, but talented team that could beat anybody and lose to anybody any given night. If they win today, it's all one-game series from there, and I'll take those chances with just one elimination game to get up for.
    Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

I liked the turkey story better.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        dave hendrickson's work above.
        Wow. I just read that whole story for the first time. I had heard a couple Riley stories growing up in the area, but those are just fantastic. That one you posted is probably the funniest, but I loved "The Geyser in the Locker Room", "The Zip Code Speech" and "A Player Introduction for the Ages" too. The player introductions is one I had actually heard before. Would've loved to have covered or interviewed Riley. Sounds like quite the character.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Exactly... and not to scoreboard watch, but should we win tonight, I'd like our chances even better against the Maine / UML winner.... which would also give us a chance to avoid UVM or UNH altogether if BC were to beat them in the semis...

Anyway, all of that is useless speculation... lets get a win tonight.
          Regardless, a loss ends the team's season and the BU careers of Eric Gryba, Luke Popko, Zach Cohen and likely Nick Bonino and Kevin Shattenkirk as well.

That's all the boys should know.

Last chance to don the sweater: make it count boys!
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

i wish i could have seen the replay on that snazzy big tv screen...
            I don't know about you, but I'm liable to express my displeasure(!) in a medium loud voice(!) if I see a replay I disagree with. No doubt, this would get me expelled by the RSIG goons, who now patrol my section of middle aged fat guys since there are no students to harass. So, really, THANK YOU Agganis Arena!

That play was right in front of me. Live, it looked like Bigos(?) gloved it down to the ice. Couldn't tell if it hit another player or not before it went in. Was the call that Megan high-sticked it into the net? Sure didn't look or sound like that.
            Go BU!

Comment

the player introduction is my favorite. i would have loved to have been there for that. skating all the way to the other blue line?!?! too funny.

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
              I don't know about you, but I'm liable to express my displeasure(!) in a medium loud voice(!) if I see a replay I disagree with. No doubt, this would get me expelled by the RSIG goons, who now patrol my section of middle aged fat guys since there are no students to harass. So, really, THANK YOU Agganis Arena!

That play was right in front of me. Live, it looked like Bigos(?) gloved it down to the ice. Couldn't tell if it hit another player or not before it went in. Was the call that Megan high-sticked it into the net? Sure didn't look or sound like that.
              that's the point. i want to let the moron #29 know that i know he messed up. my old eyes may miss some things, but everyone on my side of the rink was up immediately. plus if it's on the screen they can look up during their review. and if he was right, i'll admit it.

but now?!?!?!? i trust myself before that dude.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

While professing my love of Agganis Arena, I should also note how awesome those scoreboard messages are:

"BU is 17-1 in their last 18 meetings against Merrimack."
                "BU has never lost to Merrimack at Agganis Arena."
                "BU has not lost a HEQF series since 2001."

I hope they are thinking up some more inspirational factoids today. Can only bring good luck to the terriers.
                Go BU!

Comment

Yeah I was on the glass in 101 and Megan tried to hit it with a high stick, he missed and Bigos hit it into his own net with his glove.

(Or whoever #3 was)

The best part was there was NO noise of the stick hitting the puck and the puck went straight down with a trajectory that wouldn't happen from a high stick.

I guess if Megan's stick was down the idiot ref would have figured it out.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Whatever happened on that play is now irrelevant and in the past. Move forward and fight back tonight. Just win baby.
                    time to write new history

Comment

No doubt, this would get me expelled by the RSIG goons, who now patrol my section of middle aged fat guys since there are no students to harass. So, really, THANK YOU Agganis Arena!
                      that's the point. i want to let the moron #29 know that i know he messed up. my old eyes may miss some things, but everyone on my side of the rink was up immediately. plus if it's on the screen they can look up during their review. and if he was right, i'll admit it.

but now?!?!?!? i trust myself before that dude.
                      Don't worry about them, management sees you as a source of revenue and the blue shirts as replaceable pawns; they'll side with you every time.

But in some sick, twisted way, I kind of enjoy that you guys have to experience a diluted version of the "first-class Guest Services that will make your experience with Agganis Arena so memorable" (agganisarena.com) that the students get to experience every home game. Nah, just kidding, I wouldn't wish that on anyone , although I do give them credit for being much improved this year

Comment

I'm entitled to my opinions. I posted on the BU board and not the series thread for this reason. While I was a bit harsh that's the way I saw it last night. MC did get a ton of penalities but I think it could have been two tons. I don't like their style of play and that's that.

No matter what happens going forward we'll still be BU and you'll still be Merrimack.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                          I'm entitled to my opinions. I posted on the BU board and not the series thread for this reason. While I was a bit harsh that's the way I saw it last night. MC did get a ton of penalities but I think it could have been two tons. I don't like their style of play and that's that.

No matter what happens going forward we'll still be BU and you'll still be Merrimack.
                          I really despise them, to be perfectly honest. And a good example of why was the tripping penalty on Stollery. He went down to the ice and tripped up Saponari - no big deal, it's a penalty. Except he wasn't done. He waited until Saponari was falling over top of him and then decided to stand up and flip him on his head onto the ice. A play like that is just flat out intent to injure.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            I really despise them, to be perfectly honest. And a good example of why was the tripping penalty on Stollery. He went down to the ice and tripped up Saponari - no big deal, it's a penalty. Except he wasn't done. He waited until Saponari was falling over top of him and then decided to stand up and flip him on his head onto the ice. A play like that is just flat out intent to injure.
                            I agree, but on a positive note, the one good thing about a Game 3 is that (hopefully) the students will be back and there will be more of a raucous atmosphere. The arena has been kind of subdued and we need the support. So everyone come out - it's the last home game. Let's GO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Can we use this post as a training tool on how to respond to, for lack of a better term "fanboy" comments? Well done dmjossel.

I do want to comment on your comment about the "basket hanging." First of Jacques, I believe it's "cherry picking." dmjossel - these comments probably belong more in the series thread but since it was brought up here, here is where I shall comment. I noticed that Merrimack did it more Friday night. Well, I noticed that BU has someone cover the cherry picker more last night. I would think a team with an excellent powerplay could really take advantage of that because the Merrimack player would literally be so far out of the zone it was like a BU powerplay, which, um, really isn't saying much. It definitely is a gamble. I do not think any of Merimack's 47,328 breakaways, odd-man rushes last night were as a result of the cherry picking, though. Just bad play on the Terriers' part.

Yesterday was like that day in May when the Bruins' season ended, the Celtics lost a playoff game and the Red Sox lost. I knew when the basketball team and the women's hockey team lost BU had no shot last night. *sigh*
                              I agree...and last week was the opposite. The BU women's team WON, the basketball team upset Stony Brook and the men's team beat Northeastern. So now that the scorecard is balanced, let's unbalance it tonight!!

Comment

BU v winner of lowell-maine.

bc-uvm in the nightcap
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X