Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Vincent scored both times on his backhand. I typed couple weeks ago that is the only working option!

the staff is upbeat on the bench almost got a degree of being a sketch comedy. After crisco had the awful behind the back pass to an mc player who got off a good chance in the 3rd, once bu got possesion and a face off, bavo got a big smile and started laughing. He walked over to Jack and said something to him that actually got a smile (though I'll still believ Jack in his head was saying, "Must Smile! Must Smile!"). Cris got to the bench and bavo was there to greet him, laughing and patting him on the helmet. Too funny...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by pirate View Post
      So can it extend until Shattenkirk signs a professional contract? Will he get a signing bonus? Then we all might be in trouble.

Would look good on the wall in my basement...**** these priorities like school tuitions, food and the like
      Talked to him after the game tonight to see if he was generous enough to donate his shirt for the auction and he said they made two extras - one with his number and one with Bonino's, so I'm thinking there will be another auction. Also, there is a fundraiser event for Matt Brown (the Norwood High hockey player) at Gillette Stadium coming up and Coach Parker donated Colin Wilson's game worn jersey from DC for their auction.

Watching the BU basketball team. They're not playing well. I know this is kind of a stupid nit pick, but I do not like it when we are referred to as Boston U. It's BU. Or Boston University.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        they made two extras - one with his number and one with Bonino's, so I'm thinking there will be another auction.
        Don't count on it.

Comment

Talked to him after the game tonight to see if he was generous enough to donate his shirt for the auction and he said they made two extras - one with his number and one with Bonino's, so I'm thinking there will be another auction. Also, there is a fundraiser event for Matt Brown (the Norwood High hockey player) at Gillette Stadium coming up and Coach Parker donated Colin Wilson's game worn jersey from DC for their auction.

Watching the BU basketball team. They're not playing well. I know this is kind of a stupid nit pick, but I do not like it when we are referred to as Boston U. It's BU. Or Boston University.
          would you like to ride down with? (if you outbid me, you realize you'll be looking for another ride back to town )

Comment

agree, you guys are also referred to , too many times as "Boston" ............you would think at this point the rest of the country would at least have some idea about that............ but that's what the jersey says, don't it

Comment

Also thinking then that this auction is not for the game worn... That would lower my expectations for the winning bid.

Comment

Talked to a source with the team about that, and it's not only not game worn, but also doesn't have Shattenkirk's name on the back -- colleges can't sell a jersey with a player's name.

Still, it's a No. 3 sweater with a C on the front, so I don't think there'll be much confusion over whose sweater it's supposed to be.
                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                  Talked to a source with the team about that, and it's not only not game worn, but also doesn't have Shattenkirk's name on the back -- colleges can't sell a jersey with a player's name.

Still, it's a No. 3 sweater with a C on the front, so I don't think there'll be much confusion over whose sweater it's supposed to be.
                  Trying to think if the Fenway jersey font for the last name was different than normal IIRC it was a little, but not much. But last year I was able to buy a "Connolly" nameplate from the HE Online store for $30, so you'd have to attach it to the jersey yourself, but its do able.

Comment

unless he's gone... so the timing was originally set to expire after the boys were eliminated?!?!? (i think once he goes you can get the nameplate off the school )

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Trying to think if the Fenway jersey font for the last name was different than normal IIRC it was a little, but not much. But last year I was able to buy a "Connolly" nameplate from the HE Online store for $30, so you'd have to attach it to the jersey yourself, but its do able.
                      http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot....y-jerseys.html

http://image01.demandmade.com/IMGSRV...sert/190-1.jpg

Doesn't look very different at all. Shatty's letters are a bit crunched because his last name is so ling, I think, but it should be an easy thing to find.
                      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        unless he's gone... so the timing was originally set to expire after the boys were eliminated?!?!? (i think once he goes you can get the nameplate off the school )
                        No, the nameplate wasn't just removed from the back, it never existed in the first place. And once players graduate they are offered all their own jerseys, so unless #3 declines the offer you'd have to try to buy it off him. If the player leaves early though, then you get to barter with Jack

Comment

http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot....y-jerseys.html

http://image01.demandmade.com/IMGSRV...sert/190-1.jpg

Doesn't look very different at all. Shatty's letters are a bit crunched because his last name is so ling, I think, but it should be an easy thing to find.
                          Ok, so the Fenway jersey's letters ended with a slightly larger rectangle at the end of each line segment. But since I might be the world's biggest jersey snob, and even I can barely tell the difference, if you've already spent $1000+ on a non game worn I'd think the $30 would be money well spent.

EDIT: Just noticed the picture for the auction is literally the exact same as the 3rd picture you have. Meaning the picture is not a picture of the actual jersey. I would not be shocked if the auctioned jersey was missing the Frozen Fenway patch or even the Hockey East patch, although I know they have extra HE patches so that shouldn't be a problem.
                          Last edited by Agganis; 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Ok, so the Fenway jersey's letters ended with a slightly larger rectangle at the end of each line segment. But since I might be the world's biggest jersey snob, and even I can barely tell the difference, if you've already spent $1000+ on a non game worn I'd think the $30 would be money well spent.
                            i just opened a box with the white USA game jersey signed by Brooks Orpik (on the back in the first 4). for $125 total not too bad.

that jersey is very nice too. i like the design. simple, but bold.

Comment

While we're on the jersey topic. Does anyone want to sell me a 2009 Frozen Four Patch?

Comment

While we're on the jersey topic. Does anyone want to sell me a 2009 Frozen Four Patch?
                                have you seen any for sale ever? i look for junk like that all the time on ebay et.al and haven't.

Comment

Working...
                                X