Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

And you young'uns missed the two gamer silent auction each home game. At WBA their used to be a fold'em up souvie stand at the bottom of the enterance steps by section 1. You had until sometime towardthe end of the 2nd intermission to write down your bid on one of the sweaters. It was funny to see the same couple guys standing around the counter who tried to look nonchallant but would peek overif someone stopped at the sheets and touched the pen. Big names would go for $$$$. ( I remember when a Freddy myers went up, I wrote $400 coming in and didn't win). Kathy in the hockey office would call you in the middle of the next week and tell you that you won and to come stop by the office to get your jersey. Those guys hanging around though were always good for a chuckle.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      And you young'uns missed the two gamer silent auction each home game. At WBA their used to be a fold'em up souvie stand at the bottom of the enterance steps by section 1. You had until sometime towardthe end of the 2nd intermission to write down your bid on one of the sweaters. It was funny to see the same couple guys standing around the counter who tried to look nonchallant but would peek overif someone stopped at the sheets and touched the pen. Big names would go for $$$$. ( I remember when a Freddy myers went up, I wrote $400 coming in and didn't win). Kathy in the hockey office would call you in the middle of the next week and tell you that you won and to come stop by the office to get your jersey. Those guys hanging around though were always good for a chuckle.
      I was never there for Freddy Meyer. Dang it.

I almost got Sabo but a guy I sat with had a birthday coming up and his girlfriend wanted it, so I withdrew my name.

One year my roommate dropped about $225 on an Albie O'Connell. Yikes.

Comment

Minimum bid $100. Lotta jerseys went for that. Some I recall would come back for a 2nd pass due to no bids

Comment

You would lose... The other high bid would have had the max first. Now did you only bid $10 over the current? As long as the other bid is high the new "high" will reset to the last next highest bid + $10 (as long as they are above you)
          I get that. I just don't like that process. I should be able to put in a bid for whatever I want - $10 more, $25 more, etc. I shouldn't have to put in what my max is. I don't know what my max might be. It's bidding for lazy people. You want it - you keep going back to see where it is. You don't have the time to do that, then put in what your max is to drive it up and let people see how much you're willing to spend.

I miss the silent auctions for the jerseys. I got one on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving game because no one was there. I had the one bid over the minimum. Someone I knew bid $10 over because she felt bad that no one was bidding on it. I told her she owed me $20 because I had to pay that much more than my original bid, which would have won the auction had she not done that.

Comment

And you young'uns missed the two gamer silent auction each home game.
            The only specific jersey I remember seeing auctioned was Steve Greeley, because it was there for at least 3 straight games

Comment

I Bought That!!!

I saw that too and was overcome with the thought that somehow the guys found out who's was hanging around and how much they went for! So I wrote down $160 (!?!?) and guess what...I Won! (no doubt it was the father in me.. Warning! Don't Have Kids)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I get that. I just don't like that process. I should be able to put in a bid for whatever I want - $10 more, $25 more, etc. I shouldn't have to put in what my max is. I don't know what my max might be.
                you can do both. you can put in $25 more, or you could put in what you max is right now.

of course my max could be higher and you only push the price up towards my max (and get more money for Jack ).

talking about this some more today, and as long as people don't get discouraged to put up a bid - this could reach 2 large. (i'm thinking though now a couple will wait until the end and come in with hammer bids) ((though you have to realize that the ending time extends whenever a new bid is put in ))

Comment

talking about this some more today, and as long as people don't get discouraged to put up a bid - this could reach 2 large. (i'm thinking though now a couple will wait until the end and come in with hammer bids) ((though you have to realize that the ending time extends whenever a new bid is put in ))
                  You know, we could take that picture off the auction site, go to any number of tailors in my neighborhood, and in a week we'd have 200, cost about $6 each to make, sell them for $75 each . . .
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                    You know, we could take that picture off the auction site, go to any number of tailors in my neighborhood, and in a week we'd have 200, cost about $6 each to make, sell them for $75 each . . .
                    and right now you are one hot chit future enterpriser!

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                      I think offending remarks should be exposed and condemned in the forum in which they appeared in, and in front of the eyes that saw them. ?
                      Easy moonbat...no one is bigger race baiter then your hero!

Comment

and have about 1,000 lawsuits on your hands from the boston red sox and BU
                        time to write new history

Comment

Dang! I mean, No kidding? That's amazing. Hope it's interesting. Is that woman olympian who took silver in the biatholon (Kazakh's only medal) on cereal boxes over there?
                          No kidding! In my eleventh year here now, and yes, it is always interesting.

No, the female biathlon medalist is not on any cereal boxes here. She's actually just a mercenary; she was on the Russian (and I think Belorussian) teams before joining the KZ team. She was on TV the other day, being met at the airport by the minister of sports. I was surprised; she doesn't (and to the best of my knowledge, has never) actually lived here. I think they probably required her to show up in person to collect her monetary reward.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                            and have about 1,000 lawsuits on your hands from the boston red sox and BU
                            What, they own the word "BOSTON"?

18 hours to go -- drop the puck!
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

What, they own the word "BOSTON"?
                              No, but they do own the font, believe it or not.

http://web20.nixonpeabody.com/np20/n...268-OPP-30.pdf

I like that the guy trying to make the Sex Rod t-shirts had the cajones to ask for approval to make, among other things: gowns, cardigans, coveralls, blouses, parkas, capes, anoraks (??), ski bibs, infantwear, "baby bibs not of paper," swim caps, and, probably most fittingly, panties.
                              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

I posted this in the Miami and NU threads.

After you pick yourself up off the floor over the fact the Boston Globe wrote a story about a CCHA team, check out the Dog Gones section. Too funny.

Miami and Good Luck Next Week
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X