Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Do the people running the Bottom Feeders Bracket/Futile Four know about this?
    When they clean house in the Asian Winter Games 2011 (in Almaty, naturally) boy won't you feel embarrassed!

What do we got, less than 72 hours to playoff hockey? Drop the puck!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

What did you just have for lunch there Dave?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
        When they clean house in the Asian Winter Games 2011 (in Almaty, naturally) boy won't you feel embarrassed!
        I'll be sure to liveblog those games as I'm in Almaty.

Although, to be honest, I think they've divided up the games now between Almaty and Astana. Men's hockey might be in Astana now.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
          Uh, may I recommend the USCHO Cafe? This thread is for BU Hockey and only BU Hockey (and an occasional reference to Late 80's BU hoops).
          I think offending remarks should be exposed and condemned in the forum in which they appeared in, and in front of the eyes that saw them. It doesn’t make sense to shunt the ugliness off to the Cafe which nobody reads. The whole point of asking him to clarify what he means is to force him out into the open and not hide behind code words or euphemisms. Most racists are cowards who wouldn’t say the offensive things they say to people’s faces. They hide behind anonymous names, or use innuendo because they don’t have the balls to identify themselves and say what they mean to the people they are talking about.
          The most effective way to stop racism and pry open peoples’ minds is to expose them and make them accountable.
          So again I ask what exactly does he mean by “I noticed that the occupant in the White House couldn't be bothered to show up at the WINTER Olympics, that was held in a bordering country. I guess he can't "identify" with the sports...”
          It could be taken to mean that because Obama grew up in Hawaii and there is not a big luge, curling and hockey culture in Waikiki he cannot identify with hockey or other winter sports. But I doubt it.
          It could mean that because he makes his home in Chicago, and Chicago is not a big college hockey town that he cannot identify with hockey. But I doubt it.

So what does he mean? Why capitalize WINTER? Why is “identify” in quotes? What exactly are you trying to say? Or do you not have the balls to say it?

Comment

In one page we went from BU basketball in the 80's to an alleged racial slur.

Let's get back to hockey, shall we. - Boston University college hockey that is.

BU Hockey: Respect The Mack
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              In one page we went from BU basketball in the 80's to an alleged racial slur.

Let's get back to hockey, shall we. - Boston University college hockey that is.

BU Hockey: Respect The Mack
              Boston University College?

Whoa...
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                Boston University College?

Whoa...
                In the original press release from when BC announced they were going to the ACC, they were listed as Boston College University.
                time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Au contraire, my unworldly friend: http://www.jakartaicehockey.com/

You sort of missed the point. That was the politically correct version. I could say other things but they would not be well-received. I noticed that the occupant in the White House couldn't be bothered to show up at the WINTER Olympics, that was held in a bordering country. I guess he can't "identify" with the sports...
                  ..if your parents never had children... .. you would never had said that

.. sigh
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    ..if your parents never had children... .. you would never had said that

.. sigh
                    Seriously. It's sad that someone would even think to bring up anything in a serious political realm in a thread about hockey.
                    time to write new history

Comment

http://goterriers.cstvauctions.com/a...ctionnbr=19122

hope y'all are aware of your one chance to get a frozen fenway gamer!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        http://goterriers.cstvauctions.com/a...ctionnbr=19122

hope y'all are aware of your one chance to get a frozen fenway gamer!!
                        I can't even fathom ever spending that much money on any jersey.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          I can't even fathom ever spending that much money on any jersey.
                          As embarrassing as it may be, if you gave me a take it or leave it offer for the jersey #97 (or probably one or two other players) wore in the NC for $860 I would be leaving the room with a much lighter wallet.

Comment

Still have a week to go there.... I would be surprised none if it doubles in price.

Comment

There's no chance of those ever being available to the public, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                There's no chance of those ever being available to the public, right?
                                From everything I've been told, correct.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X