Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by defkit View Post

And while we are reminiscing, who remembers Scott Spinelli? And who was the big white guy that hardly ever played - I think he had a Greek or Turkish name. He was the Gryba/Morrow fan favorite type - the crowd would chant for him to get into a blowout game.
    It was Isaac Kodsi. As you pointed out, he would only get into the game if it was a blowout. So he was a fan favorite but a little different than Gryba or Morrow. More like Chris Bise [remember him?].

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

While we are off topic, I am sure this belongs on some other thread but ... great win by the BU Women yesterday. Definitely a huge step forward for the program. And nice move by Coach P. and Bonino to go to Providence for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
        While we are off topic, I am sure this belongs on some other thread but ... great win by the BU Women yesterday. Definitely a huge step forward for the program. And nice move by Coach P. and Bonino to go to Providence for the game.
        Well, I'm sure Bonino had his own reasons for being there -- some here may know what I mean.

Still, good to see the support going both ways there. The team practiced at WBA a few weeks back and I was kind of surprised to see how many of the players stopped to chat with Brian Durocher. Of course, Durocher is a very nice, easy to talk to guy, but was a bit surprised to see how familiar he was with the players on a personal level and vice versa.
        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
          Well, I'm sure Bonino had his own reasons for being there -- some here may know what I mean.
          Haha, I don't think that's much of a secret.
          "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
            Yeah, isn't he good friends with the HE women's officials?
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              The Karl Fogel-Mike Jarvis "tilt" was awesome. I had a great view of it right on the ice behind the basket.
              Nice! I couldn't believe it wasn't on SportsCenter that night.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Let's put it this way...they don't play hockey in Indonesia...
              Au contraire, my unworldly friend: http://www.jakartaicehockey.com/

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
              It was Isaac Kodsi. As you pointed out, he would only get into the game if it was a blowout.
              Man, I can picture the guy, but that name just doesn't ring a bell. Oh well. My first guess -- because of how the name sounded -- was Francis Kalitsi. Then I remembered he was West African, so it wasn't him.

I'm almost feeling the playoff hockey. Just give me another day.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

srs is right. It was definitely Isaac. And yes, Quinn Synder was the dunker.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                  Those of us who didn't know what was being discussed have likely pieced it together by now...

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  You are a superhero for finding this.
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    Moving forward, is it all Cannata all the time this weekend? I know Brathwaite had been getting some minutes during the season, against us too.
                    It's been back and forth but I'd have to say Cannata gets the starts from here on out.

However it is worth noting that I said the same thing about Braithwaite a few weeks ago-- just before the Warriors lost at home to NU in a game Braithwaite started, and I think Cannata has started every game since then except the last one at home against Providence on Senior Night.

Looking at Merrimack's two tenders against BU, I'd have to say Cannata gets the nod. He was the starter in the Warriors' win against the Terriers at Volpe, and he came on in relief of Braithwaite after a four-goal first period at Agganis and the team almost finished the comeback.

In short, Cannata gave up 4 goals over 5 periods against BU (3 at Volpe, 2 at Agganis), while Braithwaite gave up that many in one period at Agganis.

Sure, that's not a huge sample size to go on, but Cannata has played well and is the "hot" guy between pipes right now, and is also the goalie of the future as he's an underclassman... so yes, I'd say barring a monumental mental collapse, Cannata is getting the starts this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                      You are a superhero for finding this.
                      It's a strange corner of the world over here, let me tell you.
                      Bugs Bunny - 96
                      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                        Do the people running the Bottom Feeders Bracket/Futile Four know about this?
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post

Still, good to see the support going both ways there. The team practiced at WBA a few weeks back and I was kind of surprised to see how many of the players stopped to chat with Brian Durocher. Of course, Durocher is a very nice, easy to talk to guy, but was a bit surprised to see how familiar he was with the players on a personal level and vice versa.
                          I'm pretty sure he recruited a bit of the upperclassmen. Or at least had a hand in recruiting them.

As for the first paragraph, all I have to say is that they're both good kids and I'm happy for em.
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

You sort of missed the point. That was the politically correct version. I could say other things but they would not be well-received. I noticed that the occupant in the White House couldn't be bothered to show up at the WINTER Olympics, that was held in a bordering country. I guess he can't "identify" with the sports...

Comment

You sort of missed the point. That was the politically correct version. I could say other things but they would not be well-received. I noticed that the occupant in the White House couldn't be bothered to show up at the WINTER Olympics, that was held in a bordering country. I guess he can't "identify" with the sports...

What exactly is THAT supposed to mean?

Comment

Uh, may I recommend the USCHO Cafe? This thread is for BU Hockey and only BU Hockey (and an occasional reference to Late 80's BU hoops).
                                Last edited by srsterrier; 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X