Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Saying that you "think" the attendence will be "weak" is not a justifiable reason.
    Well based on previous QF games last year at Agganis against a far more appealing opponent than Merrimack with a far better BU team that barely exceeded 3806, lack of seats likely wouldn't be the issue. And the AE game would NOT be at the Roof, the rule says there must be 3k seats. My guess is the BB game would be at WBA or there'd be a doubleheaer at Agganis.
    time to write new history

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

UNH only down 6 now... while we're on the topic.

aaaaand quickly back to 11, dammit, my fault, jinx.
      Last edited by quiddlet; 03-07-2010, 08:20 PM.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Must spread.

I have this weird... I wouldn't call it "respect," but "ability to coexist"... toward (most) BU fans this year. Is this a sign of increased maturity on my part, or of me being a worse BC fan?
        Could it be you just stayed clear of those store brand Frosted Flakes knock offs?

Comment

I know the reason tony wants to go back to WBA-- one last chance to duck with alan
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            Well based on previous QF games last year at Agganis against a far more appealing opponent than Merrimack with a far better BU team that barely exceeded 3806, lack of seats likely wouldn't be the issue. And the AE game would NOT be at the Roof, the rule says there must be 3k seats. My guess is the BB game would be at WBA or there'd be a doubleheaer at Agganis.
            Umm... at least in my 20 years of BU involvement, every time we have hosted the AE championship game, we have done it at The Roof. And I'm not going to do the research here, but I think we have done that in the post Agganis era... so there is precedent that it would be held at the Roof... and it makes sense. They would want a sold out game with a loud atmoshpere, which would most likely happen at The Roof.

Edit: some quick research shows that we have not hosted the game since Agganis... but for sure I don't ever remember it in WBA.
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-07-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Umm... at least in my 20 years of BU involvement, every time we have hosted the AE championship game, we have done it at The Roof. And I'm not going to do the research here, but I think we have done that in the post Agganis era... so there is precedent that it would be held at the Roof... and it makes sense. They would want a sold out game with a loud atmoshpere, which would most likely happen at The Roof.
              The last time we hosted was 2003 and the game was at WBA.

Edit: Never mind it was at Case... wikipedia fail.
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

Buzzkll.....
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                  The last time we hosted was 2003 and the game was at WBA.
                  Nope see this PDF: http://www.americaeast.com/fls/14000...etball/mbb.pdf

First rounds at WBA... Championship game at Case Gym.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Edit: some quick research shows that we have not hosted the game since Agganis... but for sure I don't ever remember it in WBA.
                    But as I posted earlier, it can no longer be held at the Roof.

Comment

This game is OVA. Fun discussion while it lasted.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        Great word. Was the NU coach Calhoun or was that after '86?
                        I just looked it up. It was Karl Fogel, and he coached NE from 86-94. BU and NE had a really heated bball rivalry for a stretch. They met in the conference championship 3 yrs in a row (85, 86 and 87).

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        this, i don't remember.
                        It was spring of 88 I think. NE was on its way towards its poorest season in a while, and BU was on its way to Chapel Hill to play Duke in the NCAAs. (In the brand-new Dean Dome. Yours truly was in attendance. ) Anyway, the game had been heated; then there was a scuffle. Coach Jarvis was trying to break up a couple of guys, when Fogel came over and shoved him, in a "keep your hands of my guy" kind of way. When Coach Jarvis saw it was the other coach who had shoved him, he went off. It was the, "Oh no you did not just do that, and now we're gonna throw down" kind. No punches landed, but it was intense.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

UNH is now entering the discussion for fewest points scored in an AE tournament game... they have 33 and the record is 37, haha.

Quarterfinals at Walter Brown.... Maybe next year :/
                          Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                            UNH is now entering the discussion for fewest points scored in an AE tournament game... they have 33 and the record is 37, haha.
                            UNH is awful. Haha, Maine lost to them yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              I just looked it up. It was Karl Fogel, and he coached NE from 86-94. BU and NE had a really heated bball rivalry for a stretch. They met in the conference championship 3 yrs in a row (85, 86 and 87).
                              When guys named Calhoun and Pitino coach your teams, this tends to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                It was spring of 88 I think. NE was on its way towards its poorest season in a while, and BU was on its way to Chapel Hill to play Duke in the NCAAs. (In the brand-new Dean Dome. Yours truly was in attendance. ) ....
                                i watched that game from T's... had two tables pushed together down front of the big screen in the corner by the window.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X