This Week in ECAC Hockey: First Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week in ECAC Hockey: First Round

Pick the winners .. you may vote multiple times, so use your four votes to pick the four victors.
    Harvard at ...
    6.63%
    ... Princeton
    18.23%
    Dartmouth at ...
    8.29%
    ... Quinnipiac
    16.57%
    Brown at ...
    1.10%
    ... Rensselaer
    23.76%
    Clarkson at ...
    8.29%
    ... St. Lawrence
    17.13%

The poll is expired.

Re: This Week in ECAC Hockey: First Round

CCT over SLU was the only real upset of the bunch that I picked, and that's only because all the games in the NC are toss-ups.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RPI has 11 votes to Brown's zero. Fantastic...

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        RPI has 11 votes to Brown's zero. Fantastic...
        Wow. If only they played the series on a message board, RPI would already be sizing up its some-dozenth national championship ring.

Comment

Since I regard SLU-CCT as a tossup, and I voted for SLU in Vic's contest, I'll take Clarkson here.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The REAL Poll with 13 hours to go

Winner 2-0 2-1
            SLU 61 22 39
            Clark 13 0 13

RPI 70 57 13
            Brown 4 0 4

Quinni 52 17 35
            Dartm 22 4 18

Prince 60 24 36
            Harvard 14 2 12
            Last edited by vicb; 03-05-2010, 06:05 AM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
              Wow. If only they played the series on a message board, RPI would already be sizing up its some-dozenth national championship ring.
              We'd come in second every year. The national championship ring would go to Michigan Tech.

Comment

The real final poll . Within a few % of your poll since it is probably all of the fans that voted in mine.

Winner % 2-0 2-1
                SLU 74 83.15% 29 45
                Clark 15 16.85% 0 15

RPI 83 93.26% 67 16
                Brown 6 6.74% 0 6

Quinni 62 69.66% 20 42
                Dart 27 30.34% 4 23

Prince 68 76.40% 28 40
                Harvard 21 23.60% 3 18
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Attendance through Friday and Saturday at any of the games was not exactly stellar.

Harvard @ Princeton had the fewest at a game -- 841 (Friday).

Brown @ RPI had the lowest percentage of capacity -- 23.4% (Saturday) and was the only series with lower attendance on Saturday than Friday.

Dartmouth @ Quinnipiac had the largest number of fans -- 1901 (Saturday).

Clarkson @ Saint Lawrence the highest percentage of capacity -- 63.0% (Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by 35-Year Go Big Red Fan View Post
                    Attendance through Friday and Saturday at any of the games was not exactly stellar.

Harvard @ Princeton had the fewest at a game -- 841 (Friday).

Brown @ RPI had the lowest percentage of capacity -- 23.4% (Saturday) and was the only series with lower attendance on Saturday than Friday.

Dartmouth @ Quinnipiac had the largest number of fans -- 1901 (Saturday).

Clarkson @ Saint Lawrence the highest percentage of capacity -- 63.0% (Saturday).
                    Wow...That's terrible. Why do you guys think that is?

I hope to see a packed house at Messa when Union plays Quinnipiac on Friday even though it's the beginning of finals week on Monday for Union students.
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                      Wow...That's terrible. Why do you guys think that is?
                      Many reasons: spring breaks, the economy, the fact that there were three ~.500 teams and five sub-.500 teams playing, short notice for where teams would be, etc. The first round games have never been stellar draws, but it does seem a bit down this year. RPI is really the series that sticks out for me - I would have expected much better. Princeton and Quinnipiac don't draw that well overall anyway, and SLU probably didn't get too much help from the fans of the #12 team - tough for them to be up for the series even for a rivalry game.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Final attendance stats didn't improve, which was not a surprise to me. Even though it may be the last game of the year, third games in these series rarely have the best attendance.

Average attendance:

Harvard@Princeton
                        42.7% of Capacity.

Clarkson@St. Lawrence
                        54.7%

Brown@RPI
                        27.6%

Dartmouth@Quinnipiac
                        57.8%.

Kudos such as they are, go to Quinnipiac.

Comment

Working...
                        X