ECAC Northeast Championship Game - March 6, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Northeast Championship Game - March 6, 2010

The # 2 seed Colonels will play the #6 seed Johnson & Wales University, who defeated #1 seed Wentworth in the other ECAC Northeast Semi-Final game.

Curry College Colonels vs. Johnson & Wales Wildcats
    Max Ulin Arena http://www.curryathletics.com/sports...tab=directions
    Game time: 4:35pm

Re: ECAC Northeast Championship Game - March 6, 2010

This shouldn't be much of a game. Curry's overbearing and obsessive (almost to the point of psychosis) coaching staff will have this team unbelievably wound-up and tight prior to the opening face-off, and they will choke, as they normally do in pressure-filled playoff contests. Rob Davies does not know how to properly prepare his teams (and himself/his staff) for big games. The past five years of his playoff failures speak volumes about his true ability to deal with the added pressure. He does not have the ability to keep his team focused and confident in the face of adversity, and there's going to be a truckload of adversity facing his team tomorrow. Add to this the fact that Johnson & Wales is playing both really well and with nothing to lose, and I foresee a rather routine victory for J&W. Their big line definitely needs to have a good game, but I just don't see any way they leave Milton without a victory. It's kind of funny to think that a six-seed should be the favorite in a road playoff championship game, but I (and everyone else I've talked to) think that's the truth. I would honestly be shocked if Curry found a way to win this game.

Comment

Tell us how you really feel!

Comment

And DIII Hardcore Belt Is On The Line
        Steve Day(NU71)
        Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterface View Post
          This shouldn't be much of a game. Curry's overbearing and obsessive (almost to the point of psychosis) coaching staff will have this team unbelievably wound-up and tight prior to the opening face-off, and they will choke, as they normally do in pressure-filled playoff contests.
          Don't know abut the rest of what you are saying here, but I will say that Davies did seem really tightly wound during the Times-Argus tournament.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

oops!....Curry 5 JW 4
            We're not here for a long time,we're here for a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterface View Post
              This shouldn't be much of a game. Curry's overbearing and obsessive (almost to the point of psychosis) coaching staff will have this team unbelievably wound-up and tight prior to the opening face-off, and they will choke, as they normally do in pressure-filled playoff contests. Rob Davies does not know how to properly prepare his teams (and himself/his staff) for big games. The past five years of his playoff failures speak volumes about his true ability to deal with the added pressure. He does not have the ability to keep his team focused and confident in the face of adversity, and there's going to be a truckload of adversity facing his team tomorrow. Add to this the fact that Johnson & Wales is playing both really well and with nothing to lose, and I foresee a rather routine victory for J&W. Their big line definitely needs to have a good game, but I just don't see any way they leave Milton without a victory. It's kind of funny to think that a six-seed should be the favorite in a road playoff championship game, but I (and everyone else I've talked to) think that's the truth. I would honestly be shocked if Curry found a way to win this game.

Well Losbsterface!! "How bout them apples!!" "Shocked if Curry found a way to win." J&W played a very good game and they are a very good team that was playing their best hockey at the end of the year!! Take away the first 3 minutes of the game and the goal from just inside the red line (which I think the referee screened Dawson on), and Curry wins this going away! Refs decided to make it close down the stretch calling 4/5 penalties on Curry in the 3rd (2 calls on the same play midway through giving J&W a 5-3PP), of which one was a good call. J&W capitalized on the PP to their credit and made it a battle down the stretch!! As I said they are a good team!! Good Luck to Curry in the NCAA's, you had another very good year!!

On a side note Lobsterface, did Coach Davies and his staff kick your dog or something?? Really sounds like some type of personel vendetta against him and his staff!! If you knew anything about his program you would know he cares more about his players then you could imagine!! They are treated like gold. No doubt he is demanding but what good coach is not, they are held accountable,treated like men, and do very well in the classroom, what parent would not want that from a coach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                Refs decided to make it close down the stretch calling 4/5 penalties on Curry in the 3rd (2 calls on the same play midway through giving J&W a 5-3PP), of which one was a good call. J&W capitalized on the PP to their credit and made it a battle down the stretch!!
                Penalties for Curry
                Oh What a Surprise

Maybe That's why they still hold DIII Hardcore Belt
                Steve Day(NU71)
                Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                  Penalties for Curry
                  Oh What a Surprise

Maybe That's why they still hold DIII Hardcore Belt
                  Interesting to see that the Hardcore Belt is up for grabs in this National Tournament, while the Championship Belt is not.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                  X