X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
    For some reason I think we open the season with UND>.
    That usually has been the case with UND coming here. First weekend of the season....Oct 8 and 9 wud be my guess.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      , but I am guessing the following weekend.
      You'd be guessing right as of right now, not a done deal yet though. as of right now its the 22 and 23 of October
      Originally posted by Pucknut View Post

They usually announce a tentative schedule around the time of the banquet in May but if you would call the hockey office and ask for Lisa, she could probably tell you. She is most helpful.
      She was helpful, thanks for info

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      That usually has been the case with UND coming here. First weekend of the season....Oct 8 and 9 wud be my guess.
      That would have been my guess also but we aren't good guessers
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

According to Larry's article in the BDN, Tim has only one year left on his contract. Apparently, all the rumors floating around about Tim receiving an extension were false. I think they were confusing Tim's contract with the extension James just received a few months ago.

In all fairness, Tim and his coaching staff had this team ready to play down the stretch and the players responded positively. Many people feel Tim is not a good coach, but it's very difficult not to appreciate what he did this year. Just a great effort by everyone in the end. Also received runnerup as coach of the year. Now would be the time to extend Tim's contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Now would be the time to extend Tim's contract.
          Stirring the pot or what

I don't care what they do as long as the team is winning. My guess is attendance may be a sticking point on any extensions. No fans,no money

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Stirring the pot or what

I don't care what they do as long as the team is winning. My guess is attendance may be a sticking point on any extensions. No fans,no money
            Well, sort of.

Attendance will be up slightly this year. However, many seats will remain empty if the Athletic Department continues to charge a premium on top of season tickets. Just my feeling.

Comment

Well, sort of.

Attendance will be up slightly this year. However, many seats will remain empty if the Athletic Department continues to charge a premium on top of season tickets. Just my feeling.
              Don't you miss a packed house? Its time the athletic department started taking care of those loyal fans who have stuck with the team in all of this. I have paid good money every year for my seats and even throw in a donation to FOMH. Its time we stop worrying about making a killing on hockey at this school and start packing the Alfond for the true home ice advantage again! I dont like the deal for 5 games in the middle of the season for fans who could care less if they are even there. I love Maine hockey and will be a fan through the thick and the thin. I have the tattoo to prove it!

Comment

Dek has left to play hockey in South Carolina, some ECHL team.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Dek has left to play hockey in South Carolina, some ECHL team.
                  Nice, he had an awesome year.

Comment

In all fairness, Tim and his coaching staff had this team ready to play down the stretch and the players responded positively. Many people feel Tim is not a good coach, but it's very difficult not to appreciate what he did this year. Just a great effort by everyone in the end. Also received runnerup as coach of the year. Now would be the time to extend Tim's contract.
                    That is stirring the pot. I'll bite. A 2-6 record over the last 8 regular season games is hardly having the team ready to play down the stretch. This team had major highs and lows this past season, and with a fairly talented group of players.

It is important to look beyond the last two weekends of Maine games in regard to Tim's tenure as coach. These last two weekends show how this team is capable of playing, and it was fun to watch.

The more important thing, if there is a discussion regarding Tim and the renewal of his contract is to look at where the program has been over his tenure as head coach, the direction it is going, and where it stands now as opposed to when he really took over, in April 2002.

Comment

Just watching the replay of the game on NESN now. Wow, do Dee and Abbott look awesomely creative. I can't wait to watch them next year. We're going to have three lines, maybe four, that are going to score A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                        Just watching the replay of the game on NESN now. Wow, do Dee and Abbott look awesomely creative. I can't wait to watch them next year. We're going to have three lines, maybe four, that are going to score A LOT.
                        Did anyone else notice (I did by watching the replay) that Timmay had this grin all night. He looked like the fox in the hen house. I found it strangly amusing. I can't recall him ever having that sly grin on his face during a game. It was almost like he realized that actually coaching during a game really works.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Did anyone else notice (I did by watching the replay) that Timmay had this grin all night. He looked like the fox in the hen house. I found it strangly amusing. I can't recall him ever having that sly grin on his face during a game. It was almost like he realized that actually coaching during a game really works.
                          tim had that grin all weekend... did you see his reaction to the diamond goal against BU... he turned to either kerluke or corkum and had this, "where the hell did that come from" look on his face... but yeah, he definitely had cat that ate the canary look about him...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                            tim had that grin all weekend... did you see his reaction to the diamond goal against BU... he turned to either kerluke or corkum and had this, "where the hell did that come from" look on his face... but yeah, he definitely had cat that ate the canary look about him...
                            Maybe he's having fun again, which in turn is translating into better coaching. Which in turn is allowing the players to live up to their potential. Man I sure wish they were playing this weekend.

Comment

Man I sure wish they were playing this weekend.
                              They are...PVCC is now open.
                              You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                              ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                              ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                              ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Yes, it was amusing. I was noticing that yesterday too. After they struck right back to tie it at 2-2 was a good shot. He definitely seemed to be enjoying the moment, and it was good to see. I changed the channel once regulation was over.

Comment

Working...
                                X