• Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/um...010-03-23.html

this morning's pph article

Comment

Originally posted by sgesualdi View Post
      Must be the PIA league....with roenick and the others....
      that it is... my understanding is that he is jumping on a team that landon bathe is on, which plays in d2... a bunch of guys i play with in d1 were at maine around the same time as him... hoping one or two of them know him and can sign him...

Comment

It sounds like Gus is coming back but in the end it depends on what Detroit wants. He might be an instant millionaire, thats kind of tough to turn down. Tim saying he wants to bring in a goalie makes me think there is a huge question mark on Darling.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          As for Peter Metcalf, don't think he and his wife are expecting their first child! He was sitting with Grey holding a young one with a cupie doll pony tail all night. You don't do that for practice, he's already a dad!
          fair enough! i knew it was something along those lines... just couldn't remember what i was told...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            It sounds like Gus is coming back but in the end it depends on what Detroit wants. He might be an instant millionaire, thats kind of tough to turn down. Tim saying he wants to bring in a goalie makes me think there is a huge question mark on Darling.
            I think he'll be back for 1 more also. My feeling is that Detroit is liking his development so far. One more year at this level then to the AHL for 2 then to the show. That's kinda typical of Detroit.
            I don't think the Darling situation will be known for a few months if he's in treatment right now. Tim needs to proceed as if he's not coming back. If he does then bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              I think he'll be back for 1 more also. My feeling is that Detroit is liking his development so far. One more year at this level then to the AHL for 2 then to the show. That's kinda typical of Detroit.
              I don't think the Darling situation will be known for a few months if he's in treatment right now. Tim needs to proceed as if he's not coming back. If he does then bonus.
              Nyquist made giant leaps from freshman to sophomore year. Sure, he wuz crafty his first year, but his physical toughness and mental toughness improved a lot this year. He makes that same jump from soph to junior year and he's gonna be extra fun to watch....can u say back to back hobeys ?? I hear our man Cheverie was recently pulled in a game. Shameful.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

A slideshow gallery from the three games last weekend (only shot first period of the BU/Maine game)
                http://www.joshgibney.com/galleries/100320hea/

Comment

I feel like we'll know a lot more about Nyquist after the NHL prospect camps in June...obviously them not sending him to Grand Rapids straight away is a good sign but they'll get a good picture of how far along he is physically at that camp...

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Way to go Jimmy, sticking up for your boys!!!

That'll win you some kudos in the locker room.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Two home to NoDak, two away at MSU (rumor has it they are on a Thursday, Friday as MSU has a football game on Sat. and so does Mich.) Florida tourney should be the best one with Cornell, SCSU and Miami. Other ooc will likely be the Portland game.

As for Peter Metcalf, don't think he and his wife are expecting their first child! He was sitting with Grey holding a young one with a cupie doll pony tail all night. You don't do that for practice, he's already a dad!
                      For all of you women hockey fans out there, Grey is still available.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas when Maine schedule will be released. I really want to know when they play North Dakota, planning a vacation in October and don't want to miss that series.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anyone have any ideas when Maine schedule will be released. I really want to know when they play North Dakota, planning a vacation in October and don't want to miss that series.
                          Hey Wally,

I am guessing that Maine is at MSU October 14 & 15 as they play Illinois for Homecoming on the 16th. Can't remember the source, but I was told Maine would be playing MSU on a Thursday, Friday as a result of football on Saturday and that is the only October home game.

So possible it could be weekend prior to open the season, but I am guessing the following weekend. Of course I could have all this info wrong and then you'd be ticked, so you might need to wait!

If that MSU date is right I am still thinking of a trip to see the games in Munn. That weekend not only is MSU at home vs. Illinois, but Michigan is playing Iowa. Would love to see a football game in the "big house".

Comment

Don't forget to vote for Nyquist. http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/index.html?frm[survey_id]=6#survey_6

They usually announce a tentative schedule around the time of the banquet in May but if you would call the hockey office and ask for Lisa, she could probably tell you. She is most helpful.

Comment

Hey Wally,

I am guessing that Maine is at MSU October 14 & 15 as they play Illinois for Homecoming on the 16th. Can't remember the source, but I was told Maine would be playing MSU on a Thursday, Friday as a result of football on Saturday and that is the only October home game.

So possible it could be weekend prior to open the season, but I am guessing the following weekend. Of course I could have all this info wrong and then you'd be ticked, so you might need to wait!

If that MSU date is right I am still thinking of a trip to see the games in Munn. That weekend not only is MSU at home vs. Illinois, but Michigan is playing Iowa. Would love to see a football game in the "big house".
                              For some reason I think we open the season with UND>.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Don't forget to vote for Nyquist. http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/index.html?frm[survey_id]=6#survey_6
                                NMU fans are out in full force... i just entered enough votes to get him caught up , and only closed the gap by 5 spots

Comment

Working...
                                X