X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Wasn't John Muse a last minute recruit for BC when Corey Schneider left early?
    He was already recruited but they brought Muse in a year early after Schneider bolted.

Good guys are out there. Milner was a late recruit that BC brought in this year. And he has been great.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      I hate that the season is over. After being in Boston this weekend, it feels bizarre that they won't be playing next weekend.
      I agree.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good news on Kelen
        http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/139504.html

Comment

Wasn't John Muse a last minute recruit for BC when Corey Schneider left early?
          not last minute, but came in a year early when schneider left early...

Comment

just picking through the numbers and while i am optimistic about the overall impact of this year's freshman class going forward, it should be noted that of the 23 goals scored by the freshamn class, diamond and shamansky accounted for 18 of them... diamond and shemansky were a combined -15 on the season... the class on the whole was a -49... obviously, there is some overlap as multiple guys may have been on the ice fopr the same goal, but no singular freshamn had a positive +/- (nemec was the closest at -1, next closest was -4)

better defensive awareness is going to be the key to continued success...

Comment

do we know who is on the out of conference schedule for next season? i think i recall hearing the North Dakota was paying a visit, and that they'll be playing two of scsu, miami, and cornell in florida. is there a return series at michigan state? i would assume they'd host an AHA team at some point as well to round out the (typically 8 games) ooc schedule...

NoDaK, NoDak, either SCSU/Miami, either SCSU/Miami/Cornell, MSU, MSU could make for a very interesting season in terms of the pairwise, etc... maine could have a top 5 schedule in terms of difficulty

Comment

Nice to see a couple of former Black Bears at the TD Garden. Grey Shaneberger and Peter Metcalf. Present player Banwell was also there and appeared to be in discomfort with his infected knee. I felt bad for him but fortunately he may have other opportunities for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  just picking through the numbers and while i am optimistic about the overall impact of this year's freshman class going forward, it should be noted that of the 23 goals scored by the freshamn class, diamond and shamansky accounted for 18 of them... diamond and shemansky were a combined -15 on the season... the class on the whole was a -49... obviously, there is some overlap as multiple guys may have been on the ice fopr the same goal, but no singular freshamn had a positive +/- (nemec was the closest at -1, next closest was -4)

better defensive awareness is going to be the key to continued success...
                  Interesting when you look at +/- on this team. Wouldn't have expected to see Dek at the bottom with a -11 . The only players outside of the first line with a positive +/- were Hegarty and Abbott. And Cornell and Banwell brought up the rear for Dmen...with not too many points. That +/- has to get better for this team to go further next year.
                  Last edited by Slapshot08; 03-22-2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: Had Dimmen instead of Abbott

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                    I hate that the season is over. After being in Boston this weekend, it feels bizarre that they won't be playing next weekend. Next year will bring more consistency, and a trip to the tournament. Still so bittersweet... watching that 6th goal, and then us in the crowd going bananas, doesn't get old. Just close the window after that.

On another note, here's a nice article on Mike Lundin.
                    I feel the same way. But like BobF said I didn't walk out of the Grdn heartbroken. I watched the whole game again yesterday on NESN replay. It's was almost like I expected a different outcome after watching them score that 6th goal. I will remember that game for a long time. Not for the what if but just for the sheer excitement and how much fun it was. It's gonna be a long offseason.

I think I'm going to cheer for Bimidji in the tourny. Have to pick somebody.

Comment

Nice to see a couple of former Black Bears at the TD Garden. Grey Shaneberger and Peter Metcalf. Present player Banwell was also there and appeared to be in discomfort with his infected knee. I felt bad for him but fortunately he may have other opportunities for Maine.
                      metcalf is supposedly living in the portland area now... evidently, he and his wife are due to have their first child and he is turning to life after hockey... of course, if the rumors i'm hearing are true, i'll be facing him in my men's league soon....

Comment

Good post maine24......I agree 100%
                        As much as we all think timmay is a clown, we have much to look forward to
                        Last edited by acs64; 03-22-2010, 01:44 PM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Find out if he wants to coach
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post

I think I'm going to cheer for Bimidji in the tourny. Have to pick somebody.
                            Bemidji was my team last year in DC but I suspect they aren't going to sneak up on anyone this year. Their fans were cool and it was easy to root for them

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              metcalf is supposedly living in the portland area now... evidently, he and his wife are due to have their first child and he is turning to life after hockey... of course, if the rumors i'm hearing are true, i'll be facing him in my men's league soon....
                              I wish you luck. Should be alot of fun.

Comment

I wish you luck. Should be alot of fun.
                                eh, nothing out of the ordinary in that league. at least hes not joining the team that includes:

doug friedman (bu), trevor roenick (me), matt libby (pc), eric turgeon (me), jeff libby (me), and chris ladner (colgate)...

(surprisingly, we went 2-0 against them this year, winning one outright and another in a shootout )

Comment

Working...
                                X